Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

Good Morning @Yahooey ...

It seems there have been quite a few eye problems with the ferals within the past year...As I watched the video, it was so very consoling to see precious Thor just reveling in all the loving care from Shelly & Dave...Of course, he was being medicated along the way, but he was quite calm throughout  and Shelly also mentioned that he didn't panic when he was trapped...Dave just couldn't wait to snuggle him on his lap and shower him with love. Heart

Wishing you a relaxing weekend in New York City after all of the celebrating that went on there!...I saw your post about the wild party you attended! Cat LOL

I have some catching up to do this weekend! Cat Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

Oh, my....Thor & Dave.  

Thankful Thor is now at TK. 

He seems like he was someone's cat.  Or maybe he was just exhausted from all of it.

Hope he is OK.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove lol wild partying

it was 8 people chatting and eating - no booze since none of us are drinkers

it was interrupted by 1 minute of picture posing with hats and horns and back to chatting and eating

yeah - it was exactly like what happens in Times Square lol

hope your year is going purrfectly

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey ...LOL..Yeah, I was just joshing with  you!...It actually sounds like the perfect party...small and personal...so much better than being trapped in that claustrophobic atmosphere of Times Square...all to watch a ball dropping down....It is interesting reading about the history of how this tradition got started. 

@Witchy Woman ...I wanted to mention that I loved reading your latest post about your magnificent Artemis and how you and DH bought a baby monitor for him...What a great idea!...I was also touched by how you felt that, since he and his buddy, Cooper, had spent a lot of time together in the garage....perhaps Artemis can feel his spirit in their special place and so he feels close to him there...so very precious!...I agree!

It's a rainy day here and I'm winding down and catching up with some things around the house and getting back to normal whatever that may be...lol

Wishing you both a relaxing weekend! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove I love the word "joshing' 

you made my weekend

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

Visited the TK page, and Shelly's been busy (what's new) trapping more cats in the frigid weather:

After three hours of minus eight degrees, two cats without tipped ears showed up. Both are in custody and en route to HQ. Live intakes on Thor’s cam shortly. TinyKittens.com/live 😻
Out trapping on the coldest day I can remember. Our target cats are too smart to leave their cozy barns.

In addition, Thor seems to be improving.  So sweet, but cannot imagine how he survived with no eyes!

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

An update from the TK Facebook page:

2020 is off to an incredible start! ⁣

When we first trapped our beautiful Harriet 30 days ago, we thought she would be blind for life. We were wrong! We've been intensely treating her, including eye drops eight times a day, and are just shocked to see how dramatically her corneas have cleared up! Her vision will probably never be perfect, but she can definitely SEE! She's also become a ridiculously adorable little lovebug, and is almost ready for a home of her own! Apply meow: TinyKittens.com/adopt⁣

So far this winter, we've managed to trap a whopping 15 females and 13 males from our Happy Forest feral colony!! We're super excited to have trapped so many girls, because that means 75 unwanted kittens won't be conceived in February/March alone! ⁣

We had actually been feeling a little discouraged because it felt like we were making such slow progress on our plans to catch up on TNR in the Happy Forest. For some reason this winter, they've all needed dental surgery, or eye surgery, or other extended medical treatment... and of course, they've pretty much all had ringworm. So, instead of the usual week-long stay we plan for a TNR cat, we've had many in our care for 30+ days receiving pretty intensive meds and following labor-intensive isolation protocols for ringworm. ⁣

That's why were taking a minute to celebrate how many we've actually been able to help, and the amazing outcomes we didn't think were possible. Because we actually have made HUGE progress! Smiley Very Happy

We're out trapping again today, although the cold weather and snow are making it much more difficult to convince any un-tipped kitties to come out from their warm shelters and get in our traps. ⁣

We hope you know how grateful we are for our #TinyVillage, supporting us through all of the ups and downs, and the terrible camera angles and slow internet, and a million other things, so we can keep changing lives for so many cats.

Not sure how they manage in the frigid temps, but...no surprise that they do.

Hope everyone's year is off to a good start!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman ...It is so great to 'see' you!...Thanks so much for the updates!...That is absolutely wonderful news about "lovebug" Harriet!...If only the same miracle could happen for precious magnificent Thor!...He is also a love and I'm posting an adorable video of him playing for all to enjoy....such a heartwarming, wonderful sight to see...He knows that he is safe and loved and all will be well!

It sounds like a very difficult Winter for the Happy Forest and TK is to be applauded as always for all that they have managed to accomplish...There are so many in their loving care right now that it sounds like TK is just about busting through its roof...absolutely amazing and there is no limit to how far they will go to do all they can for these precious magnificent ferals! Heart

Waving To Everyone!...Hope all is well and that you all are keeping warm and cozy! Cat Very Happy

@Marp @Yahooey @HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo 

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

I've been checking into TK a bit more, but not watching the cams so the updates provide a window into their hard work.

Cannot imagine how Thor lost both eyes.  It hurts me to see him, but the video of him playing was heart warming.  Animals are so resiliant and amazing.

I know Shelly said in one video in normally does not get that cold in Langley.  There was another video of her getting her hair tangled in the cage/trap.  Dave is on hand to help and is snuggling Thor.  An amazing guy for sure!  I am happy they have a strong man to call on for help when it is necessary.

Also, I checked in on Skye...do you remember her.  A beautiful little calico that would lounge in the sink at TK.  She is doing well, but her owner had postings about Skye having her blind eye removed.  Not sure it was giving her trouble, but she is on the mend.

I don't keep up with graduates, but I thought of sweet Skye today and checked in on her.  She is quite chubby now, and still playful.  Very pretty girl.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove 

I don't remember all the graduates but I do remember Skye - who got pretty pudgy along with her sisters Abby and Niblet. Sending healing hugs to Skye

I also check in from time to time - the Canada kits - 6 orphaned kittens - 4 were adopted together called Fuzzy Bums on their FB page.

Cold days for sure in the HF - -8 is Celsius and not Fahrenheit?

still 18 degrees F is cold