Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Marp ...Your post is so beautifully stated and all of the pearl clutching stages and emotions that we all go through are so very worth it...whether it be through TinyKittens or our own personal experiences with our so very special furry blessings...Our lives are so much fuller and enriched by every single one that crosses our paths during our lives.

Little did I know, when I first came upon your thread, how much it would touch my life as well as so many others and prove to be so invaluable in helping to bring awareness and education of the plight that these precious ferals and strays go through.

Those of us that post may have dwindled to just a handful now over the years, but the special connection will always be there. Heart

Another lovely post.   I agree with you, @MyShadowLove, completely.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@MyShadowLove @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness

Smiley Sad

Our magnificent Mr. Titan Pickles crossed the Bridge today. For 93 days, we loved him fiercely as we fought to give his failing body more time.⁣ <3

Our hearts are broken because he became such a big part of our lives and will be missed. At the same time, we feel relief and comfort knowing he lived a very full, very long life, was SO loved, and is now free from pain and frolicking with Mason, Quarkles, Nano and all of our other lost loves. ⁣

One of his amazing snugglers, Kathryn, is known for her daily "gratitude" posts, finding ways to feel gratitude even on the hardest days. She wrote this for Titan:⁣

Gratitude – for Titan, ⁣
• for his honest request for help, ⁣
• for his willingness to put up with all the tests, procedures, and medications, ⁣
• for his simple appreciation of a lap to curl up in, ⁣
• for those moments when his eyes connected to my soul, ⁣
• for his love of chin rubs and whisker rubs, ⁣
• for the delightful way he could fall asleep with his head in my hand, ⁣
• and for the way he loved the amazing team of humans fighting for him.⁣

Gratitude – on behalf of Titan⁣
• for Tinykittens who made it possible for a scrawny, gnarly-looking old feral to spend his last weeks surrounded by love, and getting the best possible veterinary care money could buy,⁣
• for the #tinyvillage always there to help support Tinykittens while they save lives and make miracles happen, ⁣
• for the neighborhood family who watched over him, fed him, loved him, and slipped a hot water-bottle into his bed at night (for years), ⁣
• for his best friend Tiberius,⁣
• for the Happy Forest feeders who made sure he got canned food whenever he showed up for feeding time, ⁣
• for Lorie who brought him to HQ when he showed up at the feeding station looking for help,⁣
• for Shelly saying, bring him in, and scrambling to get an immediate appointment at MV, ⁣
• for the volunteers who shuffled rides and schedules to make sure he had a constant stream of visitors even when he was in Vancouver at the ICU, ⁣
• for the entire TinyKittens staff who kept meticulous notes, weighed food, measured medications, vigilantly monitored his litterbox, and loved him enough to let him go when he was ready,⁣
• to the medical staff at MountainView and Canada West for never giving up on him or taking a short cut,⁣
• for the wonderful people who were waiting to take him into their home and foster him,⁣
• and for the group of people who loved him so much they adopted him, and made him officially theirs before he left this world.⁣

Kathryn and the rest of his snugglers officially adopted Titan before he crossed the Bridge. She and Cathy were with him in the ICU when his doctors along with Dr. F helped us make the decision that it was time to say goodbye. ⁣

We so are grateful we got to know Titan, and that his story will be told. ⁣

His life mattered. ⁣

So sad.   So eloquent and moving...  now I have tears and I feel the heartbreak as another of the TK Magnificents makes safe passage to the other side.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Marp@HerRoyaLioness@MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@Yahooey 

I am grateful for each of you!  I hope you're staying safe and warm and finding good things in this holiday season!   It will be gone before we know it, so enjoy while it's here!😍😍😍

EF61AAE1-C9CD-44EA-9727-02BF2346D8C4.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

good morning @dooBdoo @MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman @Marp @HerRoyaLioness 

I haven't been watching the cams but starting at 2:55am kitten time today

we see how one becomes a blanket monster - starring the mom and daughter

I forget the names but one is named Judith? beautiful cats

hope you all are doing great

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 6.13.57 AM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness ..

Just stopping by to wish everyone a cozy weekend! Cat Happy

It has become rather quiet at TK and I just peek in from time to time to see how everything is going...I recall Shelly mentioning at the recent Snowcats Convention that they will be mainly concentrating on TNR during the Winter months and, hopefully, finding homes for the fosters that are currently in their care.

I saw the video on her presentation and it was so very touching! Heart

@Yahooey ...Remember about a month or so ago, I had mentioned that my husband and I saw on our local news station where the Christmas Tree had arrived at Rockefeller Center and we thought that perhaps we could make a trip to the City this season...You mentioned that maybe we could meet up with each other and I was more excited about meeting up with you than I was about making the trip into the City!...lolol

Well, it seems like time has flown by so fast, as well as getting detoured by some early snowstorms and, here we are with Christmas just around the corner!...Whew!...Some personal "stuff" has also gotten in the way during this time of year and it looks like we aren't going to be able to make the trek into the City for the Holiday Season after all...I can blame it on my marriage also...lol... as it has moved me farther away and it is close to a three hour trip to make it into the City now.

However, I would love for us to meet up some time in the New Year...whether it be during one of your vacation trips back to CT or RI...or even during one of my trips to my hometown area in the suburbs  (located about 45 minutes North of the City) and we could meet up there also if that would be convenient for you...whatever it may be...I'm sure we could work something out! Cat Very Happy

Okay, Waving To Everyone!

Luv You Cute Kitten GIF - LuvYou CuteKitten Cat GIFs

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness 

Love that little kitten!

Was just outside seeing after my senior boy, Artemis.  We have set up a "bedroom" for him in the garage as he refuses to come inside.  

I have stacked purr pads, beds, water, food stations, scratch pads and a space heater.  He can sleep in a little nook or sleep up in an area with a big window.  He switches around depending on the sun Cat LOL

Arty seems very happy to be there and has turned down numereous offers to come inside.  Just won't budge.  So, I go out midday and take a "snack" and encourage him to come out and walk around a bit (he loves this), and I walk with him.

He'll sniff everything, eat a bit of long grass, check out any new scents on old tires and just do cat things.  I also keep lots of big bowls of water around outside and he visits most of them for a few licks.  Then, back inside for his afternoon nap.

It's the funniest routine, but....it seems to keep him well and happy.

I haven't been to TK much.  I did note that there was construction going on next door on the cam I checked, and the cats/kittens are able to watch.  I got a Christmas card from the KitKat Playroom and stopped by there briefly.  Not sure who is who anymore, but there were lots of kittens!

One of the rescues I help is having a dinner this coming Friday and I'm making some baskets for them.  It's at a local "roadhouse" type place, which sounds odd, but they get a big crowd of, hopefully, generous people.  I'm hoping for a good turnout. 

NYC at Christmas sounds fun!  So much to do and see.  Not sure I'll ever make it, but my sis and I went there long ago as children.  It was magical!

Expecting a quiet holiday without anything special going on, and that's fine.  I'm happy just the way it is.  

Waving back to all and hoping the coming days bring your hearts desire, even if that is just having a cup of tea at home!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman...I loved reading your post about your precious...or should I say "magnificent" senior boy, Artemis....wonderful name!...It's interesting how he doesn't like coming inside the house but rather prefers the garage...Does the garage have a pet door so he can come and go as he pleases?...Has he always been this way ever since he found his way to you?...He sounds like he tends to be a hermit, like some people, and just likes being on his own...You also reminded me of what Shelly always says about her rescues and that is she always lets them decide how they want to live their lives rather than impose her "hooman" ways on them.

Artemis' B&B..lol..sounds just as lovely as the one you have for your guests...I've fallen in love with him just reading his story! Heart

Our local rescue is wonderful also and has grown so much over the years...A while ago, they had several acres of land generously donated to them and, from there, they gradually built individual houses with screened porches and all the ammenities that you would find in a regular home...It's taking a while as they are totally dependent on donations...They also have many fundraisers and offer so many wonderful and educational services and reach out in every way possible to help those who are caring for stray or feral cats...Your baskets sound lovely as you put so much care and love into them...It warms the heart to do what we each can for these precious animals.

Our Christmas this year will be quiet also...It's been the past week that has been somewhat busy as one of my nieces called and wanted to come up and spend some time with me...She is going through a difficult time in her marriage and needed to just get away for a little while...It was great having our own personal time together and heartfelt conversations, without any intrusions from others...I enjoyed our visit together so very much and can only hope that she follows her heart and her strong intuition.

Take good care and give "magnificent" Artemis a big hug from me! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Yes he has his down door that opens out to a sidewalk leading to our house.

While he used to come inside more often and sleep with us, he has gradually moved outside now.  Maybe when it is really cold, he will come in, but our garage is heated and I have a space heater blazing near his bed. We've tried carrying him inside and he goes right to the door.

This all started after we thought we would lose him this summer.  I mentioned that he was bleeding from his mouth, but we never got a dianosis.  He seems fully recovered now, but prefers being alone in the garage.  

His best buddy was Cooper, now gone.  They would sleep together in the garage.  Maybe Cooper's spirit is out there.  His ashes are.  And, his brother Spencer would spend time out there, so, maybe they are all together.  I would hope so.

He was a stray, and came from the woods, and never stopped wanting to be outside.

If and when I ever have another cat, it will be socialized and never go outside unsupervised.  But, it is doubtful we will adopt again for many reasons.

In the meantime, I cater to Arty as best I can.  Breakfast by 5:30 am, a lunchtime snack, and dinner at 4!

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your niece.  Marriage can be difficult...well, life is difficult!  Having been divorced, I know it is not an easy road, but I trusted my instincts and felt I made good decisions.  No regrets.

I have two, but they are both grown, one married, one divorced.  I rarely seem them, and they are rather introverted women....while we feel close in spirit, we don't see each other.  My sis is the same way.

I got the talking/sharing gene, but they didn't Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove 

I so miss our daily if not 2x or 3x a day chats -

call outs bc Shelly is in weighing the kittens or poop watch for Cassidy 

that was a difficult time, wasn't it

collective release of breath when he was on his way over the hump

Oh wildflowers - I do understand that life gets in the way of our best laid plans

I don't drive and rely on my friend when we do our trips

Hoping that you can come into the city and we shall meet one day

I'm glad you got to have a nice visit with your niece during her difficult time

Maybe we should all meet at witchywoman's bit of paradise

you have lots of woods and critters, right?

Family dynamics are every changing

I'm so glad you have a nice ritual with your kitteh but 5am - yikes

I'm awake but I dont have to go out lol

My sister and I are civil but we are not friends 

I would never call her to do something and hang out

she is 13 years older than me and we just don't click

I am much closer to my brother who is 1 1/2 yrs younger than me

Small get togehter at my brother's place for Christmas dinner

Everyone will be pitching in with dishes

My niece (sister's daughter) will be cooking at his place

she is 13 years younger than me

I have an older niece and nephew from my sister