tumblr_inline_p7ryr0zuUB1r9s1q8_540.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

@MyShadowLove 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

Was just coming here to post my good wishes!

Very windy and cold here, but, a beautiful day.

One of the Hallmark channels has a Yule Log scene with music, cats, kittens, puppies, a dog, bunnies and even a pig.   My husband alerted me to it and now, that's playing in the background. Periodically, one of them is lounging on a little sofa!  So precious.

Hope everyone's heart has a chance to sing with happiness today....and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving HeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @dooBdoo @HerRoyaLioness

Smiley Sad

Our magnificent Mr. Titan Pickles crossed the Bridge today. For 93 days, we loved him fiercely as we fought to give his failing body more time.⁣ <3

Our hearts are broken because he became such a big part of our lives and will be missed. At the same time, we feel relief and comfort knowing he lived a very full, very long life, was SO loved, and is now free from pain and frolicking with Mason, Quarkles, Nano and all of our other lost loves. ⁣

One of his amazing snugglers, Kathryn, is known for her daily "gratitude" posts, finding ways to feel gratitude even on the hardest days. She wrote this for Titan:⁣

Gratitude – for Titan, ⁣
• for his honest request for help, ⁣
• for his willingness to put up with all the tests, procedures, and medications, ⁣
• for his simple appreciation of a lap to curl up in, ⁣
• for those moments when his eyes connected to my soul, ⁣
• for his love of chin rubs and whisker rubs, ⁣
• for the delightful way he could fall asleep with his head in my hand, ⁣
• and for the way he loved the amazing team of humans fighting for him.⁣

Gratitude – on behalf of Titan⁣
• for Tinykittens who made it possible for a scrawny, gnarly-looking old feral to spend his last weeks surrounded by love, and getting the best possible veterinary care money could buy,⁣
• for the #tinyvillage always there to help support Tinykittens while they save lives and make miracles happen, ⁣
• for the neighborhood family who watched over him, fed him, loved him, and slipped a hot water-bottle into his bed at night (for years), ⁣
• for his best friend Tiberius,⁣
• for the Happy Forest feeders who made sure he got canned food whenever he showed up for feeding time, ⁣
• for Lorie who brought him to HQ when he showed up at the feeding station looking for help,⁣
• for Shelly saying, bring him in, and scrambling to get an immediate appointment at MV, ⁣
• for the volunteers who shuffled rides and schedules to make sure he had a constant stream of visitors even when he was in Vancouver at the ICU, ⁣
• for the entire TinyKittens staff who kept meticulous notes, weighed food, measured medications, vigilantly monitored his litterbox, and loved him enough to let him go when he was ready,⁣
• to the medical staff at MountainView and Canada West for never giving up on him or taking a short cut,⁣
• for the wonderful people who were waiting to take him into their home and foster him,⁣
• and for the group of people who loved him so much they adopted him, and made him officially theirs before he left this world.⁣

Kathryn and the rest of his snugglers officially adopted Titan before he crossed the Bridge. She and Cathy were with him in the ICU when his doctors along with Dr. F helped us make the decision that it was time to say goodbye. ⁣

We so are grateful we got to know Titan, and that his story will be told. ⁣

His life mattered. ⁣

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp ...Thanks so much for posting the latest news on precious Heart ((((((Mr. Titan Pickles)))))) Heart

I love how Shelly refers to the Senior Ferals as "magnificent" of which there is no doubt they all truly are and their stories never fail to touch our hearts so very deeply.

I became overwhelmed....kleenex definitely a necessity....while reading the loving and compassionate "gratitude" posts that snuggler Kathryn wrote for Mr. Titan Pickles...yet another testimony of how very special TinyKittens is and all that they give of themselves.

Such a heartfelt beautiful eulogy for a "magnificent" senior feral whose "life truly mattered". Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

The news about Mr. Pickles today was so bittersweet and reminded me of my Cooper who had fought hard after his surgery.  Makes me so sad.

I'm glad he was with TK, but still heartbreaking.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo ...

Happy Weekend Everyone!....Our Christmas Tree will be going up this afternoon!...Beautiful weather here and all is well!...Hope you all are keeping warm and cozy and not letting the Holiday Season stress you out...No more stressing in our household...We are able to relax more now and just enjoy in whatever way we choose.

I wanted to remind all who may be interested that Shelly will be giving her presentation at the Snowcats Convention in Denver, Colorado today at around 4:00 p.m. Kitten Time...I caught this public Facebook link in chat so it should take you directly to her presentation when it occurs! Cat Very Happy

PSA: Shelly will be presenting live at Snowcats on Saturday, Dec. 7th at 3pm TK time (4pm Mountain time). Her talk will be streamed live on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/25342...

snowcats's photo.

DEC7
TinyKittens Founder Shelly Roche LIVE in Denver

eta:  Details Updated

**SnowcatsCon Special Announcement**

We are excited to announce the first ever snowcats worldwide live stream. We will be airing a HD 720P Live Stream on Saturday December 7, 2019 with Tinykittens Founder, Shelly Roche as she presents "The Most Incredible Rescue Stories of Tiny Kittens" in our EduCATion Hall with a maximum of 250 guests in attendance.

Tune in beginning at 3:30PM MST (Mountain Time) to the snowcats facebook page to access the live stream. Updates will be posted to this Event immediately preceding the live stream.

"From the tiniest kittens to the fiercest ferals, TinyKittens Society, of British Columbia, Canada is proving even the most lost causes are worth saving. Join TinyKittens founder Shelly Roche as she shares some of her most heart-melting rescues stories and stick around for a special Q&A session full of hope, heart and kitten love."

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

@Yahooey 

@dooBdoo 

@HerRoyaLioness 

Beautiful day here in Maryland.  I've been getting a few things up outside...of course, it wasn't sunny or nice when I did THAT.  Just cold and cloudy.  But, I was afraid if I waited, I'd never get things up and....by the time I did, Christmas would be over.

No stress for me either.  Will set up my little 2 ft. tree, already decorated, and plug it in.  I no longer do much inside.  When we entertained, I'd spend days getting it all out.  I'm OK that those days are behind me, although I would gladly do it all again.

Off to a concert tonight in Annapolis....The Letterman, an "old timey" group that puts on a wonderful show.  We saw them a few years back and so enjoyed it, we decided to go again when they returned.  It's just feel good, sweet, innocent music from my youth.  

I'm afraid we might be on the road by the time Shelly's talk gets underway, but I'll try to catch the beginning of it if I can.

Spent the morning delivering food and gift baskets to a couple of the rescues I help.  That always makes me happy.

Hope everyone is finding peace and happiness in the pre-holiday season.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Witchy Woman ...Enjoy the concert tonight!...They are always so much fun!

I believe that Shelly's presentation will remain available so you can check it out when you have the time. 

Happy Weekend! Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

thanks for the heads up - just watch it on FB - (not live)

most of the videos I've seen many many times and of course choked up on a few special ones

brava to Shelley and her tiny village

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@MyShadowLove,  there is pearl clutching which is where you are at, there is PEARL CLUTCHING, which you have gotten past except when warranted and then there is something that I would never try to "fix" for any of us and that is soul crushing compassion.  Without that this thread would not have lasted as long as it has.

As much as it hurts the stories of Grandpa Mason, Shadow, Serenity and so many others help keep us here.  We need the sadness and losses to enable us to keep feeling and appreciating the joy of the victories be it from TK miracles like Cassidy and Aura or the simple joy of a kitten getting a furever home.

Thank you for this thread and for a beautiful post, @Marp.   So true, so insightful.   I also want to thank you for helping me with the Wordpress question...  still unsure of any way to use it inconspicuously and carefully but as with everything I always have hope.   I appreciate you, for so many reasons, and wanted to be sure you know.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova