Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@HerRoyaLioness 

I agree - Shelly is a focused well oiled machine and looked glorious and gawgeous

She thrives on intakes as presents - oooh is it a boy or girl

Gimme some ears - remember Wumpkin - wasn't he the one with the dirties ears?

There were a bunch of gingers all named a variation of pumpkin

this bunch do remind me of the Canadian kits - oh how they mewed for meowny Shelly and fudz all over their tiny boides - Cheeto feeties for Timbit

towels - check

hazmat suit on with gloves and botties - check

headlamp - check

QTips - check

guaze pads - check

bath tub w/sulfur something - check

eye drops - check

multiple bottles in a warm bath - check

gushy fudz - check

angel helpers - check check check 

I looked at the DVR last night as the intake was about to roll off

Hello new HQ - saw the paint cans 

Shelly laughed when she said the room was clean for 1 fday

I had never had such a thorough caring medical checkup 

Grandpa Mason is hitting the speed buy button a lot lately

waving hi to @Witchy Woman @Marp @MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I was at a friend's house during the holidays and they had some mixed nuts in shells. It was a pita to crack them openl. I did enjoy the brazil nuts and I probably burn enough calories to offset the calories of the nut lol

The idea of cracking a nut open is more appealing than the actual process. I can do pistachio, peanuts and some seeds - but that's about it. The fancier stuff, I will leave to the critters and Planters.

Heard of hickory wood chips but never the nut. A friend has a black walnut tree and the squirrels always beat ihim to the feast. He specifically said black walnut and I really didn't think much of it - is black walnut more prized than regular walnut? Always just saw the generic label walnut whenever I bought some. Guess I'm not shopping at the fancier stores. Almonds have so many speciifc origin labels.

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

I agree with you about leaving the nut cracking to the squirrels and Planters!

Nuts in shells were always a regular part of our holidays.  That was in the days before shelled nuts were really available.  We got bags and bags of the nuts that had to be cracked.  We would make a big mess getting them open, but considered it great fun.  I became an expert in getting into Brazil nuts.

Black Walnuts have a deep, earthy flavor.  Very distinct and the nut has a more buttery feel than a regular walnut.  I've seen them in the store, but they are always a bit pricey.  I know why!

They are encased in HUGE hulls which eventually give way to heavily ridged shells that are black/charcoal colored.  That hull and nut will stain anything they touch.

You've got to strike them with a hammer to get them open.  I cannot imagine a regular nut cracker would do. 

Regular walnuts have a much thinner shell that have that easily opened seam.  Don't know how else to describe it.  A black walnut has no seams that I can remember.  Each one is an almost impenetrable sphere! 

I don't want to meet the squirrel that can get into a black walnut!  Teeth of steel!

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Yahooey 

I laughed at the description of Shelly with the new little kits.

She is a fiend at inspecting and cleaning Cat LOL

Yes, it was Wumpkin, I think that got the ear drilling....but then all of them eventually succumb to the Q tips.  No one escapes the ear cleaning!

I've yet to check in on them, but will do so today. 

Shelly may have faults, but when it comes to the kittens, she is single-minded in getting them clean, fed and finally, adopted.  Thank goodness for her and others like her.

I would love to tour the new TK HQ.....maybe some day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Marp 

@MyShadowLove 

@dooBdoo 

When I checked on the new kits today, it looked like there had been a food explosion.  It was everywhere.  On them, the blanket....anything that was in the area.  It was sad and funny all at once.

I started to watch the intake, but the little squeaks make me too anxious!  I know they are in good hands, but that sound is like an alarm bell in my brain.

Hope someone got the food cleaned up.  I think they would need a hose Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness@Marp@Witchy Woman@MyShadowLove@Marp 

I agree with all of you about Shelly!    And, yes, it would be great to visit the TinyKittens locations and meet the whole team. 

@Witchy Woman,  I can understand your feelings about bringing more sweet felines into your home...  tough decision, but you give so much of your heart in so many other ways to people and to all those others who are helping animals, and you are and have been a tender and safe haven for your kitties of the past and your active senior boy, so I hope you won't feel sad or regretful.    They're all a part of your heart, and you're a part of theirs.❤️

As far as memory goes...  I've had a hard time keeping up with all the names from over the years, and that's partly a testament to the sheer numbers of felines who have passed though the compassionate arms of TK.    I've never watched any of the other cams, just TK.   Well... actually, my first cam was watching Autumn and Walter and the baby watch, here with @Marp and friends! 

Thanks for the kitten update, @Marp!   I wish and hope for their mom to be found, so she can be checked and cared for, too. 

Finally some cooler, brisk temps here... fingers crossed that we'll see at least a wee bit of color before the leaves disappear.

Off to take a peek at the kitties!   Love and hugs to you all!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo ...

Squeeeee!...Oh my gosh, how adorable!...I just went back in the timeline and the kittens are literally in the "gushy fudz" and have it everywhere...lol...It is just too precious for words...I'm surprised that they are eating at only 3 weeks old...I imagine they must be getting bottled-fed also as they would still need milk at this age...I noticed that Shelly posted the intake video below the regular cams, so I will be taking a look at it in a little while.

@Yahooey ...Your post describing Shelly's intakes is absolutely priceless!...lol...I wish Shelly could see it as I'm sure she would really enjoy it also.

Wishing Everyone A "Gushy" Weekend! Cat LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp @Yahooey @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @dooBdoo ...

Ah, I just saw something interesting...In my last post, I mentioned that, even though the kittens are able to eat the "gushy fudz" at just 3 weeks old, they must still need to be bottle-fed since they would still, obviously, need their necessary milk.

Well, Shelly just came in and added milk to their "gushy fudz", so it makes sense that this would eliminate the need to bottle-feed..

Sometimes I just absolutely amaze myself at my ability to rationalize things at times, so I just thought that I would share my awakening moment with all of you! Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLoveHeart Heart

You sure have come a long way from your constant pearl clutching days LOL.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@MyShadowLoveHeart Heart

You sure have come a long way from your constant pearl clutching days LOL.

Heart @Marp  Heart

Hahahaha!...Those were the days!...One never knows for sure what lurks in the future!  LOL