Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness 

This just brings tears to my eyes.  It sounds like Mason must have dipped in the past few days (I have not been keeping up), but they are keeping a watchful eye on him.

That's all that can be done.

He has had the BEST life possible and it is likely all he will remember.  I'm not sure cats think "in the past" at all, although I have no scientific proof.

He is comfortable, well fed, warm and has his kittens with him.

I judge my senior boy's days in a similar fashion.  He is awake and ready to eat when I am up in the morning.  He loves lounging outside on the porch on his purr pads (when it is warmer).  Otherwise, he has a lovely little set up in our garage in front of a big window.  A quilt, beds, purr pads....food, water.  It is quiet.

He naps off and on all day, and continues to eat with gusto.  In the evening, he spends time outside on the patio where I have my coffee. I brush him.

So, life is good!

I hope Mason has many more days ahead of him, but those he has had have been pretty good.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove @Marp 

thank you for posting @HerRoyaLioness - I did not know and I think the rest of our TK adjunct should know - see link above

sending ❤️🧡💚💙💛 to all 

Esteemed Contributor

Tears.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Yahooey@HerRoyaLioness@Witchy Woman@MyShadowLove 

Hi, sweet friends.❤️   I just dipped my toes back into the gentle TinyKittens pond a few weeks ago.    I watched Grandpa Mason's Happy 2nd Gotchaversary video and was thinking how miraculous it was that he was on the verge of his 3rd Gotchaversary.     Now, I'm moved to tears reading about the changes in his health.    On the eve of that milestone month, it's heartbreaking to bid him farewell, yet heartwarming to know he will celebrate this anniversary and many others over the Bridge with all the beautiful felines he knew in the wild, in the woods, and finally in the healing warmth of the TinyKittens sanctuary.   Kissed by angels, he was granted extra years and the chance to play, teach, share, and inspire...  those angels will carry him softly to the next station.   Off to safe harbor, dear Grandpa Mason, gently and tenderly released with love and gratitude.❤️

"Happy 2nd Gotchaversary, Grandpa Mason!"

about 11 months ago

https://www.facebook.com/MasonAndKittens/videos/252388948802156/

"Grumpy Street Cat LOVES Being A Grandpa To Foster Kittens - GRANDPA MASON | The Dodo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muwXZz1lMeU

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Welcome back @dooBdoo  our resident laureate

Beautiful words for a most handsome Grandpaw - 

Honored Contributor

❤️@Yahooey

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo 

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@MyShadowLove 

@dooBdoo 

Your words are wise and comforting.  I will hold them closely as I grieve with all of you over Mason's transition.

I am thankful he has been granted a wonderful life at the end, and that he has been with someone as loving as Shelly.

It never gets easier to say goodbye!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman,  I didn't want to throw your thread off by posting this on it.  The title of your thread combined with my poor eyesight and quick scanning had me chuckling.  What I first saw was "DH has ATTITUDE sickness".

Hope by now he is getting treatment.  Unless severe, which it does not sound like, altitude sickness is easily treated.  Sending thoughts for a quick recovery and hopes that he is able to enjoy the wedding.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp 

I went back to make sure I typed it right!

I've sent a text and asked for an update, but not heard back.

I'm worried about his as he never throws up, but I have to depend on his family to help out since I'm not there.

That's my big worry...that he won't say anything.  I may call his sister directly.

I'll post when I know more.

I'm a worry wart, but that's just the way it is Cat Happy