Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp ...

While sipping on my coffee this morning and checking into TK, I saw the cutest and funniest exchange on Chat....The famous Glamper is laying on its side and this is what was shared....There are some very witty and entertaining chatters!

Thought you all would also get a kick out of this! Cat LOL

7:59 AM  Liz Leapin.....News flash, there was a minor accident on the highway this morning, toona truck was toppled but there are no injuries reported. Driver of the toona truck got a citation for speeding!

8:00 AM   Liz Leapin....Two lanes have been reduced to one while cleanup happens after the toona truck incident. Please be aware.

8:02 AM  Liz Leapin...May be tough getting to work today in the Fort Langley area as there is a traffic tie-up for miles due to the accident. I guess it was determined Eternity was the driver of the truck at the time!

8:04 AM  Liz Leapin...Slow down Eternity! She has quite a lead foot!

KittyKitty Here....​I am willing witness for her defense, her insurance should not, I repeat should not be raised due to this accident.

8:09 AM  Liz Leapin....No, I guess Eternity has a pretty good driving record. I assume she is still recovering from surgery and is not feeling quite right yet. She usually does not have a lead foot!

Cat LOL I Love it! Cat LOL

eta:......Firefighter Dave is on his way to the rescue! Cat LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove  - that is hilarious!!  The chatters are as entertaining as the kits sometimes - too funny!  Good thing we have fireman Dave to come rescue them when they need it.  Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@MyShadowLove  - that is hilarious!!  The chatters are as entertaining as the kits sometimes - too funny!  Good thing we have fireman Dave to come rescue them when they need it.  Cat LOL

@HerRoyaLioness ...I'm so happy that you enjoyed it!...I thought it was great how the chatters took the tipped over Glamper and made an adorable news story about it...I agree, they can be as entertaining as the kits at times!

There is a video posted where Eternity let Dave pick her up and he put her on his lap...She only stayed for a short time, but it was good progress...Of course, what female, whether cat or "hooman", wouldn't enjoy being cuddled by Dave!  lol  Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLoveand all...

That little Glamper always inspired some of the funniest comments.  I love that they called it the "toona" truck. 

They used to joke about the kittens serving toona tacos out the side window.  I remember seeing the bunks filled to overflowing with two tiny kittens.  They all seem to love it.

I am intrigued by Dave, but rarely see any comments outside his occasional appearances.  It is sweet that he is involved, but I often wonder how he found TK  Cat Happy

Nevertheless, I'm sure it is a great thing to have someone around who is so willing and able and seems so kind and gentle to the little fuzz balls.  A rare man, indeed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman...So many cute remarks made about the kittens and their Glamper!...I remember the "toona tacos"!...lol

Regarding Dave, I recall a while ago seeing a video that Shelly had posted where a group of Firefighters were helping out in the Happy Forest...putting up shelters and protective areas, etc...So Dave was most likely part of that group and, from there, became a dedicated volunteer...He has sure proven to be such a valuable asset to TK in all that he does...helping with the renovations at the new TKHQ and also very involved in the care of all the cats and kittens.

The few times that I have happened to catch him on the cam, it is so touching to watch how gentle and careful he is with the cats/kittens...There were videos posted of him bottle feeding little Pigpen and also helping Shelly bathe some kittens that came in with ringworm...I believe they were posted on TinyKittens Facebook.

A very caring and giving man...being a Firefighter and volunteer for TK! Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Yes, now I remember!  Thanks for reminding me.

Yes, I've watched a couple of those videos where he is handling the kits and they get lost in his hands.  So wonderful that he has a big heart and knows how to fix things Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @Marp2 @MyShadowLove @Yahooey  and all:

Good news, PSA from TK about 2 of Eternit's kittens:

​PSA: Mimic and Blizzard have been ADOPTED!! They will be going home today (Thursday) at 11:00 AM TK time. Their adoption will not be on cam. Unsure about a FB page.

Other news:

​PSA: 6 kittens from the Peanuts Colony arrived Wed night. Peggy Jean (gray F, 538g) is about the same age as Pigpen, they will stay together. The other 5 are older & will be going to another rescue.

SURPRISE intake with Peggy Jean, Pigpen's kitten cousin! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4bly...

eta:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4blyADSaPU

Little Peggy Jean is adorable! HeartHeartHeart Watched some of her intake and she is sassy (scared and feeling all alone) but was put in with Pigpen so now she has company!  They were both in the new incubator and all comfy and in kitty dreamland last I saw.  Cat Very Happy

As far as Dave goes, he seems like a genuine winner of a person and also seems like he is Shelly's good friend.  Nothin' wrong with that.

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

I started to watch the Peggy Jean (love the name) intake, but got sidetracked shopping for "playpens" for two of the local shelters I support.

They are really a nice holding pen for the kittens and, make it easier for the Fosters.  Bought one for my friend's pug, (who I pet sit for now and then), but he wasn't interested in it.

Anyway, I will have to go back and see Peggy Jean and Pigpen in the incubator.  What a generous gift to TK.

Happy there are lots of adoptions....it's a blur of activity these days.  Hardly have time to see them before they are gone.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer.  We are still in the 90s and humid.  Fall cannot come fast enough for me.

@HerRoyaLioness 

Thanks for the updates.  I don't visit enough to keep up, so I appreciate it.

Off to fix an iced coffee! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @MyShadowLove @Marp 

so many kittehs - of course I don't know any of their names except Eternity and Mimic

thanks for the updates - I watch every so often but don't watch continuously as I used to

Hoping Henson and Fozzie (my fav of the muppets) find a furecver home soon - they are such handsome floofs - I remember Grandpaw styling Fozzie's hair

stay cool everyone

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp ...

Waving To Everyone!...Just stopping by to see how you all are doing and to share something from Kimsies' Facebook Page that is hilarious!....Just click on her link below and scroll down a little until you see the caption that I posted below her link and watch the video!...It is so adorable!...You will love it!

We are having absolutely gorgeous weather here....windows are all flung open and a beautiful breeze is blowing throughout the house...I'm also now resting here with my ankle wrapped in ice which I somehow sprained but I have absolutely no idea how or when!...It must have happened overnight while I was sleeping and to think that I had quite a wild night and missed it all...What a bummer!  LOL Cat LOL

Happy Caturday Everyone! Cat Very Happy

Leo, Bobbi, Bowie & Big Brother Jager shared a post.

This bird has just discovered that golf balls bounce on concrete and he's absolutely loving it.