Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@MyShadowLove 

let me tell you about my day - Have you heard of Shakespeare in the Park?

Free performances and tickets are given out the day of. You have multiple ways of getting these vouchers to be exchanged for real tickets at the venue.

Anyway - 1 library of a borough is chosen per day or you can wait at Central Park or a digital lottery. I went to the library with my sil - each person is allowed 2 vouchers. We sat in AC and waited from 10am till noon. They start giving then out at noon but we went there early to ensure getting one. I was sweating when I got home and showered.

I rested a bit, ate a little something and head out to meet for dinner before redeeming the vouchers for tickets. IT WAS SWELTERING. The show was Corolanus (tragedy). I was miserable - it is hard for me to comprehend Shakespeare to begin with and it was all gibberish. My brain was having a meltdown, I mentioned to a friend that I wasn't into it and wanted to leave and they can stayl We all opted out at intermission.

Many walked out towards the exit - it was too hot and not fun

So bottom line - I waited 2 hrs to get the vouchers and wanted to leave after 1/2 hr into the show. The running time was 3 hrs - you gotta be kidding me.  So here I am - showered  and in AC - checking in on the forums before snoozing.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey ....Your day actually sounds quite nice, minus the sweating part!...lol...An evening in Central Park watching a Play sounds wondeful!...You have so much entertainment available to you practically in your backyard!...However, yeah, I can definitely understand the sweltering conditions in the City during the Summer months...I have always avoided going there during the Summer months for that very reason.

If my husband and I ever won the Lottery or came into a huge inheritance, we would love to spend half of the year in the City and the rest of the year in a cozy cottage home overlooking the gorgeous rugged coastline of Maine...the best of both Worlds!

My husband was in the City towards the end of May...He spent a day there with a couple of friends....They had lunch first at a really nice restaurant in the Financial District and then they headed over to tour the 9/11 Memorial Site...It was a full day for sure and quite emotional and powerful, understandably.

I love going to the evening Summer concerts here in various towns in our area...not sure about this week though due to the heat wave coming in, but we do get nice breezes and the early morning hours and evening hours can be lovely, so we shall see.

Wish I could send some of our breezes your way while they last! Cat Happy 

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

I've only happen among the reflecting pools by accident - a wave of emotion washed over me. I didn't lose anybody but it hit me so unexpectedly. I don't cry at movies - I well and lump. Welled up in eyes without drops falling or have a lump in my throat.

Anyway - I felt drops overflowing my eyes - full cry and lump. I was taken aback from emotion. I probably will never visit the museum. Just can't

Honored Contributor

ooooh, your plans for spending the lottery $$$ sounds heavenly

Of course, I'm going to visit you and stay at the guesthouse complete with private pool and hot tub

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@MyShadowLove 

I've only happen among the reflecting pools by accident - a wave of emotion washed over me. I didn't lose anybody but it hit me so unexpectedly. I don't cry at movies - I well and lump. Welled up in eyes without drops falling or have a lump in my throat.

Anyway - I felt drops overflowing my eyes - full cry and lump. I was taken aback from emotion. I probably will never visit the museum. Just can't.

@Yahooey....And you just expressed the very reason why I chose not to go with my husband to the City that day, so he went with a couple of friends instead.

It would have been extremely unsettling and emotional for me!.. I would have been a mess throughout!

So I definitely understand!...I just can't either!

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

ooooh, your plans for spending the lottery $$$ sounds heavenly

Of course, I'm going to visit you and stay at the guesthouse complete with private pool and hot tub

@Yahooey...Why, of course!...I would never forget my sweet TK forum friends!

We all would dine on yummy fresh Maine "lobstah"...take long walks along the gorgeous rugged coastline and go sailing on Captain Jack's beautiful sailboat, the Silverlining.

Okay, I'm heading out now for some lottery tickets! Cat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Marp 

Just stopping in for a quick hello.  So glad to hear about Serenity.  I hope she decides to come in for winter.  I have not been keeping up with anything at TK, so I appreciate the updates.

@Yahooey 

I cannot imagine enduring any outdoor events in this heat.  While it sounds romantic and wonderful to go to any park for a summer evening, I have done it often enough to know I hate it for two reasons:

Heat

bugs

Not to mention crowds.

Yes, I'm a party pooper!  A local winery often has lovely outdoor events, but, honestly, when it's close to 100 during the day with humidity like pea soup, do I really want to spend the evening outside?

No!

There, I've said it!

I did spend the morning out today getting my summer decor put up...flags, wall decor and baskets of artificial flowers.

I was dripping by the time I got it all done, then drove to the local recycle station with a pickup full of cardboard boxes.  Yikes!  I nearly melted.

Finally cooled off with no intentions to move out of the house today.

Everyone enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove @Yahooey @Marp 

Well, it has been steamy hot and humid here also, so it's been sweating and showers and repeat. If you venture out, it's in an air conditioned car into an air conditioned building and back into an air conditioned house. Took the garbage out and came back dripping with sweat, it's crazy.  I only have a wall unit in my apartment, but it is a life saver for me. I just wilt in this kind of weather and it takes any energy I had and zaps it right out of me. I'm house bound today too!

I just saw the news that Serenity was spotted at the forest and am so happy about that - I was getting worried about her (again)!!

And we lost little Woodstock, which is so sad, but he had 12 days of love and comfort and am glad he spent his days at TK where he had the best of care.

Eternity and her kits are so much fun to watch now - they are all playing like crazy, even Mom.  She's just a big kitten herself!

Take care, everyone, stay hydrated!

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

So sad to hear about the loss of little Woodstock.  I know Shelly did all she could to save both of the new kittens.

They had complex problems and it's amazing they survived at all.

I'll be happy when summer is behind us!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp @MyShadowLove 

some good news regarding Kimsies - fromher FB page

she also have some squee videos of her friend Rocky and some babies if you look at her page

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.02.01 PM.png