Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

so glad to read that your boy is doing better ((( @Witchy Woman  )))

pls deliver scritches for me

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yahooey @HerRoyaLioness @Witchy Woman @Marp ...

Waving To Everyone! Cat Happy

I'm beginning to get somewhat moldy here with all of these rainy days that we have been having....I do love walking in the rain though  and, when nobody is looking, I even take little jumps in puddles every now and then too!...lol...I'm a strong believer in never losing some of those wonderful, carefree child-like qualities!...What does age have to do with any of it!  Cat Very Happy

Okay, bear with me as I just need to speak for Serenity again!...I've just been peeking in here and there over the past few days in hopes of seeing a PSA that Serenity will be going to a foster home and staying in a protected, loving and compassionate environment...My  heart is just so filled with strong feelings about her...Such a wonderful sight to see her so healthy now and happy and playing...She is so gentle and vulnerable and I can't picture her having to deal again with the rugged life back at the HF exposed to the elements and other hazards that we all know exist.

I see a difference between Serenity and the other cats who have been returned to the HF...Nelia, as an example, is a more stronger, independent cat in nature, whereas I see Serenity as being more deicate, submissive and sensitive in nature...I do so hope that Nelia and Serenity will stay together when released as I do feel that they have bonded with each other.

((((((((Serenity & Nelia)))))))) Heart

@HerRoyaLioness ...Do  you want to meet up with me and we will fly out to TK and peacefully and lovingly protest for precious Serenity? Cat Happy

@Witchy Woman ...I am so happy to read that your precious senior kitty is feeling better!...Shadow sends lots of healing Purrrrrs his way! Heart

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness @Witchy Woman @wildflowers @Marp 

something to brighten your day - Eternity does a roll off the ledge and onto kittens

it looked like it was choreographed - no kittens were smushed during stunt

https://youtu.be/U6_l1HGAxnc

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 8.20.27 AM.png

Respected Contributor

@yahooey ...We are on the same schedule this morning!...We just posted at about the same time! Cat LOL

Thanks for the adorable video!...I'm happy to see that Eternity made a soft and delicate landing! Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@yahooey 

Still laughing from that video.  She bounced a bit onto the kits.

Has there been any further discussion about what is to happen to Serenity?  I would tend to agree with you in that she seems fragile and shy.  Not a good candidate to release back into a wilder environment.  I can only hope they find a better solution.

I'm happy I do not have to make the decision.  Just reading about it makes me sad and anxious.

Nothing but rain, here, too.   Everything is soggy and humid.  I'm confessing to staying inside a lot.  The humidity makes me cranky.

And, you've like seen my other threads on decluttering.  I have made progress, but it only makes me realize how much MORE there is to remove.  I do need an extra pair of hands because working solo wears me out.

My senior kitty continues to show signs of improving.  We still have no idea what caused it or if it we reoccur.  We know if he fought, there would be other signs.

Troubling, however, is the fact a fox has been frequenting the area.  This morning, I heard him barking and he was not that far from the side porch.

Hoping to dry out in the next few days.

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers great minds think alike and Eternity is so graceful - unlike a thunk that i make and that is just walking lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman 

so 👍👍👍 that your kitty is doing much better

i know what you mean by decluttering

as I was throwing stuff into separate  construction heavy duty sized garbage bags

donate or toss

the bags kept filling up and only a small area was cleared

bags of jars or tins that I might need - it was a lot and recycled cause no way would I ever need that many

I now have draws that are halffilled and closets that are emptied - I love looking at the emptiness of it all

I donated a beautiful ankle length choclate brown alpaca coat (wore less than 10 times) with a sash that kept opening - bought it when I was in my 20s since sashes looked so grown up - must have paid around 4 or 500 hundred in the 80s

I still held onto my 2nd choclate brown alpaca coat with toggles and a large shawl collar that you can pull over as a head wrap of sorts - still ankle lenght and cost 800 in the 90s that I wore less than 10 times 

I'm 5'1 and ankle coats are heavy and I have to kick it to walk

I run hot so what was I thinking? I now worn for several seasons $60 - a thin down knee length coat - wash and dry

so many suits (w/pants or skirts I wore - think bright colors ala LA Law and I thought ithey looked beautiful since they were not dark banker suits - I spent so much money Anne Kelin II and Tahari and the dry cleaning.

I've been decluttering a little by little since business casual and only held onto a few that I loved that were more netural in color- I closed my eyes and got rid of the last holdouts

When I hear of people owning hundreds of pairs of shoes or handbags - I shudder as opposed to being jealous

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yahooey 

Sounds like you have made wonderful progress!

When I retired, I dumped all of my suits....linen and wool, all needing dry cleaning.  My monthly bill was crazy at one time.

And, I rode the bus, so I never felt like I could wear suits more than a few times before cleaning.

Yes, it is hard to understand what I was thinking with all these things.   I love Alpaca, but cannot wear it -- just like wool.  I ran across a huge Alpaca throw yesterday.....have not made the decision to part with it just yet.  But, it will never, ever be used!

As I said, there was a time that buying/having stuff made me happy.  Now, it just reminds me of what was and never will be again.

I'm crossing my fingers that the group I have coming to pick up this first large donation will work out. If so, I will have a steady source of giving.

With a large house, I've always been able to "store" things.  When I finally started boxing my dishes, etc., I was just stunned at how much there was and wasn't used.  It is overwhelming.

I'm pretty good about keeping my kitchen under control, but, believe me, I have gone through several times over the years and donated, donated, donated and thrown things away.

My sewing room is on the list for clearing things out.  This is where I've stored may seasonal items and home decor that I would switch out.  It is on my third floor and I don't have the energy anymore to change things out with each season.  It is pretty full, so I get a little stomach churning when I'm up there.

At least I still have room to sew my blankets, but 1/2 the stuff up there needs to go.

I'm hoping that, within a year, I can have most or all of the excess gone.

That's the goal.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman @yahooey ...I hear you about decluttering as many others do also!...Just within the past several months, I was finally able to encourage (I'm wording it nicely here..lol)...my husband to give me a hand with our basement area as it was long overdue...I started working on it gradually over the Winter and he helped me finish it off this Spring.

Surprise...Surprise...He also tackled the garage except the shelving area still needs to be taken care of.

It's ironic because he is great at keeping his closet and dresser drawers all neat and very organized but, when it comes to the basement or garage, it takes quite a bit of prodding.

We made donations to two of our favorite charities, The Salvation Army and a local Veterans Organization...Also, a couple of my nieces were interested in some things so that made me happy!

@Witchy Woman ...I'm worried about that Fox that is hanging around your porch area where your senior kitty likes to spend his time! Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@wildflowers 

Yes, the fox troubles me, too. 

But kitty is spending more time in the garage for napping and I keep a close eye on him when he is on the back porch. 

He was a stray and loves the outside, so we never trained him to stay INSIDE all the time.  Although, as he's aged, he spends more and more time inside or the garage.  The garage has a special nook with a huge window.  His beds and food are right there, and a littler box.  So, he can doze off watching the birds and such.  It's quite cozy.  When I had more kitties, several favored that location.

If and when there is ever another cat, they will not be allowed outside unless we have a protected enclosure.  Period.

As to decluttering, if you have read my other postings, you know how much I've gathered already.  It's a lot.  I wish my pickup was tomorrow, but it is not until July 10.  It is a group that works for several organizations including St. Vincent's and the Purple Heart.  I just want these things gone so I can start on round 2 Cat LOL

My husband will likely never clear out his garage.  As I've mentioned, he still works and is a builder, so has stuff stacked to the rafters.  

I tell myself it is HIS space, and he'll clean it when he's ready.  It does not affect me other than when I am out there and see the clutter...it makes me dizzy!