Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@MyShadowLove  - this one bothers me to the point of saying something somewhere. 

I just went and looked at Serenity again and it totally reminds me of my daughter's cat when she got out and someone took her to the humane society and without looking at her tag, gave her doses of vaccinations and she had just had them.  She had a very similar look as Serenity does and was never the same.  Ok, I'm just going to say it - we think she had some brain damage from it. I don't think Serenity's look or actions are normal.  I think she is probably a special needs cat for who knows what reason. 

It is possible, because I do trust Shelly's assessments so much, that they may watch her behavior closely when they take her back??

I'm thinking of putting a comment on the chat about is Serenity ok to return to the forest.  I know it may not sit well, but It's an honest question/concern and I know it may get back to Shelly.  

I've always been a advocate for the "underdog/vulnerable" even with people!

@HerRoyaLioness ...Yes, I agree that she is a "special needs" cat for whatever reason and is in need of gentle, loving care...It is very noticeable that her behavior and demeanor are quite different from any of the other cats that I have seen at TK.

After I posted, I checked in on her again and it was not a good time for me because Shelly was there giving an update and she was saying that she would like Nelia & Serenity to go back to the HF before the Cat Conference in California that she will be attending.

So, I will say also that this bothers me because, with the expansion of TK, it has become so very busy for Shelly which I certainly understand...However,  at the same time, I am noticing that there is not the time nor enough staff for cats like Serenity to be given the same consideration and time needed, as we have witnessed before...I do understand that they keep a close eye on the cats at the HF and they are given good care, but it certainly is not the same as a protected, loving environment which is what I personally feel Serenity needs.

I'm not signed into "chat", so good luck if you decide to say anything...From what I have witnessed, it has become more difficult to express any concerns as one usually becomes quickly cut off from daring to express any concerns or questioning any decisions, as many take it as an affront to Shelly which it definitely isn't.

I don't feel that Shelly views it that way at all...She knows that it is to be expected and that people are going to have their concerns and questions and will not always agree with her decisions....It's only human and natural.

We all respect and admire Shelly very much...This doesn't mean that we won't have questions or concerns.

Go For It!...Be A Voice For Serenity and I'll see if I can catch it from behind the scenes!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove  - I put a comment out there, see what I get back. Cat Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

@MyShadowLove  - I put a comment out there, see what I get back. Cat Surprised

@HerRoyaLioness ....LOL...I just checked and had no idea what  your "chat nic" is, but I caught it right away, as it is quite obvious!...You are doing good in expressing your concerns...You are getting very kind feedback...so far! Cat Happy

How about telling them that you know someone who is very concerned about her being returned to the HF and is willing to support her care and medical needs if Shelly would consider keeping Serenity at TK and finding a foster home, such as Stachy had...What do you think?

One of the mods may give a contact email address for Shelly....I'm not sure what it is?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove  - how did you know it was me??!!!  LOL!!!

The feedback has been very reassuring, I have to say, from the Mods and the chatters both.   I do honestly think she will feel better physically, the thing I don't know is how much better, but I think it will make a difference.

I also, don't think she liked it "in captivity", plus the fact she was probably feeling miserable.  It may be her demeanor will get better back in her original environment.  Someone on the chat said she will be watched.

Having said all that, I still wish she could have some special attention.  Your offer makes me tear up and my heart swell, that you would do something like that.  I don't know the e-mail, I think it may be somewhere in their information on one of their sites, but I think if you presented TK/Shelly directly with your kind and generous offer, it might mean more and they might at least think on it.

Sorry I'm not more help, but - Serenity was definitely a topic on the chat for a while, so I'm glad I posted what I did.

eta - went back and re-read some chat and meant to also say there were more concerned Serenity supporters than just us, although I do think we were the most perceptive. Cat Very Happy  It's like we actually feel what we see in her.  Heart 

They are actually still chatting about her, someone else made a comment that was kind of direct.....

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ...Yes, chat went very well and you expressed our concerns so very well also...You are a very good communicator and it created a very respectful conversation about Serenity and among many others who expressed their concerns as well...It certainly helps to have others to share with who are understanding and share the same feelings and also those who help to relieve our concerns in a respectful way.

I'm so happy that you were here today and I think that I may also feel a little better...at least for now...but I'm not sure how long it will last..lol...I think that we have both just about  emotionally exhausted ourselves at this point! Cat LOL

Thank you so much!...You are a sweetheart! Cat Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove @HerRoyaLioness 

Yes - Serenity is such a beautiful cat - unusual markings with gorgeous eyes that ialways look so sad. I know some sunugglers have been in to play with the kittens but I don't know how much time has been spent on Serenity. 

I do feel that Shelly will not release her until she is feeling much much better and a special eye will be kept on her if at all possible. I don't know if she was one of the regulars or she is new to show up. Some mama cats have felt much more comfortable and she has been there sine April? That is a very long time.

Eternity who just recently arrived and looked just as scared has quickly turned in her feral card. I want Serenity to be happy and hope she has friends in the HF. She didn't hang with Nelia and I don't want her to feel alone. 

💛💜💙Serenity🧡💚❤️

Honored Contributor

I feel less and less vested in TK as they expand and so many comings and goings. I know in my head that this is better with more people, more cats, more donations etc

But I felt back back way back in they day - I felt closer to the kittens and mamas, like they know me lol - 

I will continue to watch and support them but when I hears kittens were being adopted, I didn't even recognize some of the names. Which kitten mama is this brood?

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey- I so agree with you, and I know Shelly is going to do what she thinks is best and she has a lot of experience.  I'm thinking Serenity was not one of the regulars, but I don't remember so good anymore!  Serenity did not really bond with Nelia I don't think and I saw Nelia bully her once and that was it for me.  I wanted to jump into that screen and grab Serenity out of there!  I know it's a cat thing, but still.....

And like you and @MyShadowLove mentioned, there has been so much going on at TK, it's almost impossible to even get to "know" the Mamas and the babies, it's that time of the year.  I miss watching them with Grandpa, maybe there are videos that are posted that I just don't know about.  I'm not sure if they are still short 1 computer/cam, they were needing donations for it, but we didn't get to really see much of the cats at the other house.

Things change and I've discovered I don't like change, I want certain things to stay the same!!

Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove  - you are so kind hearted.  HeartHeartHeart

I'm usually not known as being too tactful, more direct, but I didn't want to come across as questioning the decisions, but I was concerned enough about Serenity to post about it on the chat.  Glad you were here too, for support!

I do feel a little better also and the subject has gotten attention on the chat, so mission accomplished.  High five to you!!

Respected Contributor

Good News!!!

Serenity was out and playing with the big white ratty, for several minutes!!!!  Even giving it bunny kicks!  Cat Very Happy