Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 8.38.11 AM.png

@Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Yahooey 

@MyShadowLove 

@HerRoyaLioness 

@Marp 

So sweet.  If only all of life was like this!  Brings a tear to my eye.

Happy Mother's Day to all...I've only nutured the furry kind, but that's OK with me.

My one senior boy is snoozing peacefully and that's what makes me happy.

These little kits are so fun to watch.  Grampa Mason continues to amaze me.  He is always surrounded by little ones.  Hoping he lives a very long time.

Raining here...no sun for days!  The grocery store was full of men buying last minute flowers and cards for their wives.  I had to laugh to myself.  At least they are trying, though, so I'll never belittle that.  

Everyone have a beautiful day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @Yahooey @HerRoyaLioness @Marp ...

Waving To Everyone! Cat Very Happy

Hope all is going well with everyone!...We had a gorgeous weekend here with some more rain coming in last night and into this morning...but we are getting used to not seeing the Sun for long periods of time....lol...Today will be somewhat stormy later on and then the rest of the week is actually showing Sun every single day!...WooHoo!

We were able to finish freshening up our front landscaped area this weekend and everything is so green and blooming!...I will be picking up some Summer flowers this week to finsh off the rest of our usual gardening this time of year.

After our hard day's work on Saturday, we went out to dinner with some friends and then had them back at our house for some after dinner grog to finish off a great time together!

I was checking in with TinyKittens this morning and saw the following exciting update....Also, I read where Nelia's kittens will then be moved into the sunroom area and Nelia will be moved also...not sure if she will be in same area with kittens or if she will be put with other adult cats....I believe that the sunroom has been divided into two separate areas.

So, a new chapter for Nelia and her kittens this week! Cat Happy

8:07 AM  Inanna....​PSA: Flower kittens' adoptions are Monday 2pm. TinySuitcases will be done prior to that. Pairs: Clary Sage & Snowdrop, and Azalea & Snapdragon. Dahlia has a home with 3 other cats. FB pages to come.

eta:...just a reminder that they are referring to "kitten time", so adjust your times accordingly.

2nd eta:...I just realized how ridiculous my first eta sounded, as all of us TinyKitten fans, from around the Country and the World, are very much aware of the time differences....Apparently, individual brain matter varies also!...laughing at myself here!...LOL Cat LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLoveand all TK lovers

Sounds like you've been having a perfectly wonderful time.  Dinner out with friends, then back home is one of my favorites. 

Been very warm/hot and humid here in Maryland.  Lots of rain off and on....now just blazing sun and a balmy breeze.  I am trying to embrace the tropical feeling, but....not my favorite time of year.  It is nice to have the sun late in the day, however.

I refreshed our wraparound porch with new rugs and chair cushions for the wicker chairs.  We have lots of pollen in the spring, and it's finally stopped.  Still, the porch needs regular "cleaning" with the leaf blower to remove bugs, etc.  I have my own electric blower!

Thanks for the kitty updates.  I caught wind of the departures, but, at this point, the comings, goings, names, locations are all a blur Cat LOL  I do love the little gray tuxy...Clary Sage?  She is a demon, but precious.

A few times I've stopped by and everyone was piled in the round bed.  Aura seems to have a good time with them.  I cannot imagine Shelly letting her go now.  She is a very pretty cat and quite the character.

I will not stop in for their departures.  Even though I don't really know who is who, my heart aches for them having to start all over....even though it is a good thing.  This is why I cannot foster.

Well, the day is wearing on and lots to do.

Everyone enjoy whatever it is that makes your heart sing!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman @MyShadowLove @Yahooey @Marp and everyone,

It seems like just yesterday that those beautiful floofy sweet unwanted little kittens were found in a wet cardboard box by a dumpster and just look at them now!!  Healthy, loved and cared for and ready to go to their new furrever homes.  Heart

Am glad Neila and her "brood" will movin on up to the sunroom.  They are quite the scamps when they get to playing.  Can't wait to see them with Grandpa Mason and Auntie Aura!  

Serenity still concerns me.  She just doesn't seem right somehow.  The look in her eyes.  It reminds me of my DD's cat that got out once and someone caught her right away and took her to the shelter (we're sure she would have come back home).  Well, they vaccinated her, EVEN THOUGH SHE HAD A TAG ON SAYING SHE JUST HAD HER VACCINATIONS.  She was never the same after that.  She just had this look in her eyes that wasn't right. She functioned OK, but just not the same.  More listless.

Hope to be able to tune in today for the adoptions, but I'm still waiting for someone to take in our gorgeous Chester!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness 

@MyShadowLove 

@Yahooey 

@Marp 

Sad news....Stashy is gone:

From Kimsies page.

Leo, Bobbi, Bowie & Big Brother Jager
May 17 at 8:50 PM ·
It’s with a VERY HEAVY heart that I have to inform you that Bumbles time is coming to an end 💔
We were warned back in November that his Kidneys were shutting down but today we have found out we are there.
We are taking the weekend to say goodbye and we are devastated as I know this will also devastate all of you.
He has been part of our family for 17 months where he was provided the BEST care and attention and we are going to miss him dearly.
Thank Mew for following, caring about and loving our little Bumblepants from a far, he knows his life mattered 💔

9:10am we had to say goodbye to our beloved Foster Son Stashiespants aka Bumblepants.
He was to only be with us for a couple months but held on for 17 months. Momsies, Laurel, Keith and myself all fell head over heels for him over his lengthly stay and everyone had a hand in his care.
It takes a village and want to thank Linda for also loving him so deeply before we took him into our home.
He went from an eight legged towel alligator to a love bug in the end, I know he wanted me to know he appreciated his time with us thru the laptime and I’m furever grateful for that time ❤️
We are broken hearted but he is now pain free running back in his forest

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman ...I understand your sensitivity about the departures of all the rescues to their "furever" homes...It fills us with bittersweet feelings....We are saddened to see the siblings separated from each other but thrilled at the same time that they are going to wonderful, loving "furever" homes....I love that Shelly's priority is having them adopted in pairs as I feel they won't be filled with as much trepidation at the change if they are with one of their siblings....I also love when a kitten and mama are adopted together....With the five flower kittens, Dahlia is the lone one in this case...However, I went to her Facebook page and it is filled with such warmth and love and Dahlia will have three other cats to pounce around with when she is ready...A wonderful "furever" life awaits them all! Cat Happy

I am very saddened to read about precious Stachy...I often checked in on Kimsies' Facebook page and I remember posting an update a short time ago that Kimsies had received the news that Stachy's  time to cross over the Rainbow Bridge was nearing...The last time I checked, KImsies had posted an adorable video showing that, within the last two weeks, Stachy had started allowing her to pick him up and he would snuggle up to her while on her lap...He would look up at her with such adoring eyes and there is no doubt that he wanted to be sure that she knew how much he loved her and appreciated her loving care so very much!...((((((((Stachy)))))))) Heart

I am envious of your wraparound porch!...They are lovely!...I was also reminded of your BB&B and was just wondering when is the busiest time of year for you?...Does your senior kitty welcome all of your visitors?

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove 

Everything you say about the kitties is so true...I know these things, yet, I feel anxious for them knowing they will have to adjust to new surroundings.  The important thing is they have found loving homes.  That is the goal, and that is why Shelly always keeps her eye on that prize.  She knows she cannot have them all, but she can help save them.

While reading about Stashy, I found myself crying as if he were my own.  I know Kimsies loved him madly and, it had not been that long ago when she lost one of her other cats...Bobbi?  So, she took him in knowing it would not be long.  Not sure how her heart holds up, but I am thankful for her showing such love and devotion to him.  He went to the Bridge with the memory of his months of love and care.

Well, our B&B is located in an area that is not really a "destination" for vacations.  It's a lovely area, but people seeking out active vacations would go to the beach or elsewhere.  We mostly get folks staying with families in the area and that's fine with me.  I could not take a steady stream of people.

We had friends that had a place in Ocean City Maryland and they were booked solid from Spring until the last days of autumn.  Of course, it was their income and they needed those bookings, but it is a huge amount of work.  The laundry alone was all day every day!  They did have help in the summer, but that's too much like a job for me.

We normally have 2 or 3 bookings in a month in spring and summer.  Winter is slow.  Sometimes, people will stay several days or a week.  But, it's not so overwhelming that I come to hate having people in. 

Yes, a big porch is nice, but....our summers are steamy and I don't much care to sit out in the humidity Cat Very Happy

Nevertheless, because we have guests, I have to keep up appearances of my house too, so....I'm always cleaning or "fluffing up the nest" so to speak.  One day, I'll be too old and tired to do it and that will be that!

Enjoy the kitty departures if you watch.  Last I checked, the itty bitties were running wild, and the older kittens were all balled up in the round bed.

My senior boy is very shy.  When he hears a strange voice, he runs.  My one cat that was the official greeter disappeared a couple of years back.  He was the sweetest, fluffiest cat and had called the woods his home for many years.  It was hard to deny him access to the outsdie.  Sadly, I do not know what happened and, that is why, any future cats will never, ever go outside.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness ....I am also very concerned about Serenity and have been for a while...Like you said, something just doesn't seem right and I don't agree with some of the chatters when they say that it is because she is "shut down"...She eats well and takes care of herself and is a wonderful mama...She is so gentle and so vulnerable and not aggressive at all...It is her inactivity and trance-like state that is worrisome.

I thought perhaps, when her kittens were born and she recovered from her pregnancy and birth, that she would become more energetic and active.

I'm sure that Shelly must suspect something also...I hope so and that, when it comes time for Serenity to be spayed, she will be given a thorough physical and blood workup...Her kittens are so very precious and have really become quite active, so it will be interesting to see when Shelly expands their nesting area.

Good to "see" you...It's been a while!

Honored Contributor

Waving hi to everyone @MyShadowLove @Witchy Woman @HerRoyaLioness @Marp 

Thank you for all the updates. I do watch a few minutes at a time and the scampiness and floofiness is just too much 🧡💙💜❤️💚

My hope that Serenity is okay - she is so stunning.

@Witchy Woman 

Do you do as much laundry as Shelly? I bet your towels do not all have snout holes and your porch sounds heavenly. It is 80s here after much rain on and off. It is too hot too fast for me.