Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@Marp...Yes, most definitely!...It is the first time that I have seen this link posted and it is amazing and inspiring to see the impact that TKHQ has already made globally....It would be great if the Mods would post this link more frequently!....Shelly's message is so very powerful....

Awareness...which inspires Compassion...which inspires Action...and Action Saves Lives!

Heart All Lives Have Value! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

@MyShadowLove@Marp@Witchy Woman@Yahooeyand Clem and Everyone,

I think TK has has a very large impact and have told several people about them and they follow it, especially on Instagram, but are not quite as connected to it (ok, obsessive) as I am.

Well, the Gilmore girls and guy have their peepers now and are getting cuter by the day.  Their drunken (milk of course) walking is just so funny!

I hope Salia gets adopted, she went through so much with not being even able to eat at the end,and is healthy now and such a beautiful cat.  

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness@MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@Marp

Happy Happy Day for me - 

I dropped a note to TK -early Jan telling them they DON'T have to do anyrthing but gave then a heads up on the UK vendor and the missing hoodie.

They responded back and think the vendor will mail out another one.

A few days go by and I got another note from Gwen saying she will drop it off in the mail with the hoodie coming from Canada.  

It arrived today...🧡💜💙❤️

IMG_1265.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey

Ohhh, that's very nice!

I still don't understand why they deal with a UK vendor for US orders.

Maybe it is less expensive.

But, glad you got your hoodie.....looks cozy and warm!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey...Yay!...Your hoodie is adorable and looks so warm and cozy!....That's our TinyKittens team and I bet Grandpaw Mason got involved also and lent a Paw in helping to resolve the issue in a timely manner with that UK vendor....don't want to fool around with our Grandpaw Mason! Heart

Enjoy your adorable TinyKittens hoodie! Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey- your hoodie looks really nice, thanks for posting the pic!  I could use one right about now because of the frigid weather, -10 actual temp at 10:40 pm and it's getting colder - brrr!

I am glad you told them what happened, they needed to know and glad you finally got your shirt!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Yahooey@Witchy Woman@HerRoyaLioness & CLEM...

Cat Happy Waving To Everyone! Cat Happy

I checked in on Grandpaw Mason's Facebook page and saw this latest update from Dr F....I like to keep an eye on Grandpaw Mason, as my precious Shadow has been diagnosed with stage 2 kidney disease and I have gained quite a bit of knowledge from the care Grandpaw Mason has been receiving from Dr. F. and Shelly.

I have changed Shadow's Vet twice in the past couple of years...I didn't feel that her original Vet was being as proactive as she should have been, so I took Shadow to a Vet that specialized in cat care only....I won't get into the details, but I found her to be so totally extreme that it made me very wary and enough to be concerning...So, back I went to Shadow's original Vet.

About eight or so months ago, I decided to check out a Vet office right here in my hometown....I researched online for reviews and also went to their office and sat in my car and spoke with a few people who were either going in or coming out with their pets...They all raved about the compassionate care and services that their pets were receiving....So I made an appointment for my precious Shadow....I love her new Vet and so does Shadow....He is so gentle with her and very thorough....He has placed her on a special kidney diet which has been a challenge for me to keep her on, as she prefers what I now call her "junk food"...lol...which is Science Diet and Friskies....So, what I do is interchange every couple of days and sneak in her special kidney food and this seems to be working out well so far.

Her numbers have improved and she is doing very well...I had a good conversation with her new Vet about what we may be dealing with in the future and preventative measures and the possible need for sub-q fluids, etc...He was very impressed with my knowledge and I told him that I owed it all to TinyKittens and their website and their amazing Dr. F., so he now knows that he is up against stiff competition!...LOL

Okay, now that I have practically written a dissertation..LOL..I will now post Grandpaw's Mason latest update from Dr. F...I love these guys and all that they are doing to make sure that Grandpaw Mason lives as long and full a life as he deserves! Heart

The fabulous Dr. F from Mountain View Veterinary Hospital came for a visit today because we are making some changes to Mason's treatment plan to keep him feeling as good as possible.

See the full update in the video!

In a nutshell, he's still doing great for a cat with stage 3 renal disease. He has become anemic and has ideopathic hyperparathyroidism, which is what we're going to start treating. Both of those things are common with kidney disease.

Follow Grandpa Mason and his Kittens on Facebook: http://fb.com/MasonAndKittens

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove

and all TK lovers...you know who you are!

I am so happy you found a vet that gives your Shadow good care.

That is one of the things I worry about for any future kitties I might have.  In the past, I thought kidney disease was a death sentence and let two of my precious cats be put down when diagnosed. 

Sadly, it was likely not necessary, but the vets didn't give any advice.  After watching TK, I am stunned that so much can be done.  It makes me sad to think I wasn't more proactive.  Nothing to do about it now Cat Sad

I started to watch the Mason video the other day and the phone rang.  Dr. F. is amazing.  So caring and knowledgeable....I've just never found a vet like that.

Will have to go back and listen to it for future reference.

My senior boy sleeps peacefully as I type this.  He seems stable and I hesitate to take him back to the vet since it is so stressful.  Maybe in the spring.

As to food and cats....I hope Shadow is better about it than my boys were!  They wanted what they wanted and anything else got stared at like it was poison.

Up in the 50s today, so if feels like summer.

I need to catch up at TK!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman....Don't beat yourself up!...You did the best that you could do for your two precious cats and put your trust in the advice of your Vet and their expertise, like we all do.....Shadow's original Vet didn't even mention anything about a special diet when she first noted Shadow's kidney readings were borderline, according to her, and just said that we would keep an eye on her and do another test at her next physical...Within a year, her kidney readings went higher and this is when I started looking elsewhere...Also, thanks to TinyKittens, I became more knowledgeable and also more proactive on my own.

She will be 15 years old this April and her current Vet told me that the disease progresses slower in older cats, so we are doing all we can to make sure that she lives to a good old age...Her weight remains stable and there are no other obvious signs and the good news is that her readings have improved...She will be seen again in June.

Does your senior boy have kidney issues also?

My Shadow just ate some of her kidney diet food this morning...Yay...and now she is snoring ever so lightly on her cat tower in the window. Cat Happy Heart

We are having a heat wave today also...in the low 40's...feels great...almost put my shorts  on! Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

How many of us find this to be true??!!!