Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Marp@Witchy Woman@MyShadowLove@dooBdoo

I've been watching on and off and both lovely ladies are always snoozing. Corsica in her comfy nest and Evolene in that crawl space which the chatters are speculating - she won't fit very soon. I wished that they are friends. I know, I know- putting my stoopid hoomin emotions on kitties.

There was a lot of bellehvision on Corsica. Funny all the ripples on her striped large tummy.They both still have poop issues but not as bad as when Evolene first came. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone. Apologies to @dooBdoo since I thought it was dooboo and nothing came up. So you may read in previous posts where I tried to notify you. (but really didn't, I was just putting it out there)

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey

@Marp

@MyShadowLove

@dooBdoo

Hi yahooey,

Yes, I thought it was dooboo too! 

I did check in on Evolene and saw Corsica.  That dark tabby is so attractive.  I'm concerned about both of them being in such poor health and having babies.

I know Shelly will do the best she can.

You have a good weekend, too.  Finally going to warm up here in Maryland -- the 70s -- so I think spring is going to give it another tryCat LOL

The weeks go so fast, don't they?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Yahooey@Witchy Woman@dooBdoo...

Hi Everyone!

Latest report is that Evolene had an upset stomach, along with continuing poo issues....She looks so ready to have her babies and get it over with!....My heart goes out to her and I'm somewhat concerned now with this latest report....Shelly has been giving her subq fluids.

What a lover she is and I'll be so relieved and happy once she gets through this last litter and is on her way to a wonderful forever home filled with much pampering and love!..Heart ((((((((Evolene)))))))) Heart

No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: cat
Image may contain: cat

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

I watched a little on my phone and Evolene plopped herself right outside Corsica's nest. There were growlies but I don't know who it was because I heard 2 voices and then 1 stopped. So then I switched it to desktop version so I can read the chatters. It wasn't easy on the phone.

Anyway, Evolene threw up 2x after the fluids. I think she did it next the the LB. I read the Corsica was growling and wouldn't let Evolene out of the nest area but why was she next to the nest area?

When I look at both their faces, they seem frightened (especially in the beginning). These 2 can be wonderful friends. Guess they weren't friends at the colony either Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@Marp@dooBdoo

alert - we have a squatter and the worst kind of tenant.

The kind of tenant that will mess up her place and then proceed to take over another place. 

Evolene - waddles over and ate Corsica's fudz, then climbed into the nest and now snoozing. My sound is off and I have the window opened in a corner at work. sssh. So I don't know where Corsica is. If there are growlies from Corsica, it has stopped bc Evolene would not be sleeping if a fight was to ensue. I wonder if Evolene mussed up her nest. To have tummy troubles and pregnant  Smiley Sad this has been going on since she was trapped. 2 weeks ago? That is a long time to have the runs.

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 12.39.20 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey...My personal feelings are that, when Shelly put Corsica in with Evolene, it, unfortunately, caused more stress for Evolene...She already was in poor condition when first rescued...malnourished, dental issues, stressed....She was at TKHQ for approximately two weeks before Corsica's arrival and was adjusting very well under the TLC of Shelly...She was starting  to feel quite secure and trusting and luxuriating in the quiet and comfort of her new surroundings, while awaiting the birth of her babies.

Once Corsica came along, she no longer felt as secure and trusting for herself and her babies....It would be different if she weren't pregnant, but being pregnant puts a whole different perspective to the picture, understandably, as she is already now in protective mode of her territory.

I'm not as familiar with Corsica and her behavior, but I'm sure she is feeling the same protective mode for her territory while also awaiting the arrival of her babies, so this sets up a whole chain reaction for both of them.

It would be wonderful if they both could bond with each other but, coming from a feral colony and being pregnant, they both already are on predator alert and in protective mode.

Oh My...Oh My...I must pull out those beautiful pearls that our compassionate @Marp gifted me with!...lol

eta:..Right after I posted this, I just saw your recent post about Evolene now resting in Corsica's nest....It will be interesting to see how this all plays out! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove

@Yahooey

Nothing so comfy as another kitty's nestCat LOL

My Cooper did this often.  One of the other boys would just get a spot broken in and, he would then take it over.  This happened repeatedly throughtout his life.  He always had to have "their" spot.

I too wish Evolene was still alone, but, perhaps it will eventually help with her socialization to have another cat around.  I'm sure pregnant, feral mom cats are wildly cautious of everything.  I'm so sorry she is not well.  That cannot help.

Cannot help but thing the stress and constant adjustments to "new" is not helping tummy issues.  But, thankfully, it's not my call to make.  I would worry more if I thought Shelly wasn't giving her lots of TLC.

The best thing they can both do right now is just sleepCat LOL

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

this kitty is clutching pearls right with you

images.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Yahooey@Witchy Woman....Well, it certainly looks like the nesting switch by Evolene didn't cause any disruption between her and Corsica because both are resting quite comfortably in their own nests tonight....especially Evolene who is totally sprawled out on her back with her little front paws just dangling down and lost in dreamland....so sweet to see her so relaxed!...You can see her precious babies moving around and getting ready to make their debut soon.

Oh, Shelly just came in and Evolene is so happy and decided to make some biscuits to have with her evening meal....She loves her Shelly! Heart

All is well! Cat Very Happy

Putting pearls away, for now....lol

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove@Witchy Woman@Marp@dooBdoo

Great Mews!

I haven't gone to TK fb page for a while. Quinnbunny and Macey went to their furever home a couple of days ago. Since I'm only watching youtube Evolene and Corsica, I have not been following the other kitties at TKHQ.

I read from the chatters that there are applications for Wumplin but none Smiley Sad for Mali. They seem to get along together. Poor sweet Mali is so shy. I think there is still Calvin who has been there a while.