Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

Maralix has been adopted!!  I know how much you were worried and wanted to write the news here.  I pop in here approx. every two months and had to tell you!  

Take care.

Contributor

Not sure how this posted.  Wanted to let Wildflowers know about the adoption and the rest of the thread people!

Honored Contributor

@flyaway wrote:

Maralix has been adopted!!  I know how much you were worried and wanted to write the news here.  I pop in here approx. every two months and had to tell you!  

Take care.

Hi, @flyaway!   Thanks for this wonderful news!   What a great event to celebrate!

Ecstatic Cat Jumping animated emoticon

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@flyaway wrote:

Take care.

@flyaway, you are my hero of the day.  Thank you so much for posting this.  I'm weeping tears of happiness.

Heart

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo, @flyaway, @Yahooey, @MyShadowLove, @Marianne1 The news about Maralix is even better than anyone could have dreamed.

Tinykittens updated their cover photo.

Maravel and Neelix have been ADOPTED! Our once feral lovebirds will be growing old together, whilst being adored by the most wonderful humans: https://youtu.be/lQUJH4owkoo

OMGOSH, ‪#‎TINYVILLAGE‬, WE DID IT!!!!! This makes 16 adult ferals we’ve brought in from our feral colony and adopted into wonderful homes. Nine of those sixteen came in because they were injured, sick and/or pregnant and needed help.

This furry tail ending was so unlikely I have no doubt it would have been impossible anywhere else. Together, we’re making these “impossible” furry tail endings possible, and with each new success, we make it a little less impossible for the next special needs ferals that end up in a rescue or shelter.

According to Alley Cat Allies, virtually 100% of ferals admitted into shelters are euthanized because they are considered impossible to adopt. We are going to change that statistic by proving even the most impossible ferals are worth saving, one feral at a time!

Most ferals are purrfectly healthy and happy in their outdoor environments, and aside from being spayed and neutered (and hopefully fed), have no need or desire to become pampered pets. The ferals we bring in are either injured/sick/pregnant and need help, or become socialized in the forest through our daily visits to our feeding station. We don’t advocate rounding up every feral and putting them in a shelter so they can be adopted out, but we are trying to prove that injured/sick/pregnant adult ferals can be cared for and can live exceptional lives with humans. Euthanasia is not the only option. <3

More about our work with ferals, and the shocking things we’ve learned: TinyKittens.com/cases

This furry tail ending has been WEEKS in the making, and I need to long-windedly thank some awesome people for making it happen:

Two wonderful chatters applied for Maralix, one a 32 hour drive away in the US, and one 23 hours away in Winnipeg. Both understood what Maralix needs and would have been exceptional homes, but Neelix wasn’t ready for long distance travel. Taking her out of her crate to get through airport security would have been impossible, and it would be very difficult for a new adopter to handle her on an extended road trip.

I contacted a fantastic group called Pilots N Paws Canada to see if it would be possible to send Maralix on smaller, private planes to avoid airport security and crowds, and they were so helpful. I learned it isn’t safe to fly small aircraft over the Canadian Rockies, but that if we could get them to Calgary, they would fly them the rest of the way…. for FREE!!!

SO amazing. Of course, smaller aircraft are more weather dependent, so we were faced with the possibility of delays in Calgary. Ordinarily, this wouldn’t be a big deal, but I was concerned the extended stress would be too much for Neelix. I was concerned she would arrive at Marlene’s having reverted in her socialization, and I would have been too far away to help. There were just too many risks and unknowns to make it a prudent plan for our very special circumstances, but we are so grateful to Pilots N Paws for the life-saving service they provide!

Marlene, the applicant from Winnipeg, was completely supportive and understanding throughout the last few weeks, as I worked through plan after plan to try to get them to her. We came pretty close a few times, and then….

We got another application. From another chatter named Jacquie, who lives nearby and understands what it will take to give them the BEST LIFE EVER! I told Marlene, and she immediately replied that she wanted me to do what was best for Maravel and Neelix. I know she was heartbroken at the thought of not having them, but am so grateful she loves them enough to let them go to a home that eliminates our travel problem and a huge amount of stress. So, if you see Marlene in chat, please give her a big virtual hug and tell her thank mew.

Maralix’s adopters Jacquie and Bob will be creating a facebook page in the next few days, so we will all get to see what happens next as our honeymooners get to experience life in a home for the first time. They will be leaving next week, stay tuned for details.

Our awesome snuggle crew played a HUGE role in this furry tail ending. They made sure Maravel and Neelix were entertained, loved and stuffed with treats almost every day of the 76 days since the two were reunited. That’s a LOT of snuggle hours.

So, WOW. Thank mew so much to the many wonderful people who made this possible. We are thrilled, and SO grateful. Beyond words.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Contributor

dooBdoo and Marp,  

Happy you got the news!  I couldn't post the note from Shelly, so I'm glad you did.  All the furballs she had have been adopted!  Lots of happy kittens, cats, and people!

Honored Contributor

@Marp!   Thanks for posting this update!   Gave me chills (in a good way!) reading it.   How fabulous.  And thanks again, @flyaway, for the heads up.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I knew there was a reason I'm awake at 2:30 in the morning. This makes my heart swell with joy!

@MyShadowLove wakey wakey - time to do the happy dance

Honored Contributor

@flyaway @Marp

Thank you for alerting and posting the mews
Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:
I knew there was a reason I'm awake at 2:30 in the morning. This makes my heart swell with joy!

@MyShadowLove wakey wakey - time to do the happy dance

@Yahooey, You're right!   @MyShadowLove will be over the moon when she learns of this!