Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@MyShadowLove,

I do hope this thread continues.  I have just been so busy that I haven't been able to do much more than a drive by check of the cams. 

I still have so much to do but started with a sore throat while I was out yesterday and today I am just so exhausted that walking from the bedroom to the kitchen and back does me in.  I will be resting as much as possible in hopes of recovering quickly.

If I don't get back lots of hugs and good wishes to you and your family, as well as the rest of the posters and readers on this thread.  Merry Christmas to those that celebrate Christmas and happy holidays to those who celebrate another way.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp...Take Good Care & Pamper Yourself!...Sending Healing ((((((((Hugs)))))))))

Meowz Wishing Everyone A Very Blessed Christmas/Happy Holidays!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christmas Miracles ♥ Short video on TKFB

Tis the season for surprises, and we got a big one a few minutes ago! Meet Mary, our first kitty ever to check herself into TinyKittens HQ. She literally showed up on our doorstep meowing, and then walked around the house looking in the windows until we heard her and let her in. We quickly noticed she was losing quite a bit of blood, and suspect either a miscarriage of an early pregnancy in progress or a severe uterine or urinary tract issue. Despite her condition, she is the sweetest, most affectionate little girl ever. We have rushed her to the Emergency Clinic, where she will almost certainly have emergency surgery along with whatever critical care she needs.

Because it is a holiday and Mary is at the Emergency Clinic, we are expecting her medical bill to exceed $2500. If anyone is able to help with a donation of any amount, we would be very grateful. I hate asking, because you already give so much, but we just couldn’t look into those eyes and not do everything in our power to help her. Donations are gratefully accepted at TinyKittens.com/donate

If you’d like to help and aren’t in a position to donate (we know it is a really tough time of year to be asking!), please keep Mary in your thoughts and prayers! We will keep you posted as soon as we have an update.

And I apologize for the poor quality/uncensored video… we didn’t want to delay her trip to the vet, so had to keep it quick.

UPDATE 7:43pm PT: Mary has been admitted at the Emergency Clinic, and has had several tests done, as well as an ultrasound and x-ray. They are waiting on consultation from a radiologist, but tentatively planning for surgery in the morning once they have a more conclusive diagnosis. In the meantime, Mary is stable and comfortable, and is in excellent hands. Our most heartfelt thanks to everyone who has donated, sent well-wishes and prayers, and shared this post, and to our amazingly dedicated team of helpers at TK HQ. We couldn't have gotten Mary the help she needs without your incredibly fast and generous support, so we are really counting our many blessings tonight.

Meowy Kissamouse to all ♥♥

-00:43

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Meowmy Kissmus to all.

@betteb, thanks for posting about the new kitty.  Guess kitties really do communicate telling others not only where there is a soft heart that will feed them but will take care of them too.  I sure hope everything turns out okay for kitty.  She seems so friendly.

Hope today brings everyone joy.  I'm still not feeling well so plan on catching up with kitten therapy.

Esteemed Contributor

AN UPDATE ON MARY:

Speaking of Christmas Miracles.... We just brought Mary home from her stay at the emergency clinic, where in the wee hours of the morning they discovered a single tiny heartbeat. heart emoticon

Since Mary is stable and her bloodwork looks good, we chose not to do an emergency spay so we can give the baby a chance. Please be prepared that her condition could worsen at any moment, and if that happens, we will need to take her in for an emergency spay. Because the baby is not yet calcified (bones are not forming yet), we are expecting at least another 20 days of pregnancy, which means it is far too early for the baby to survive on its own. Please also be aware that we have been advised that it is VERY unlikely that the baby will survive. Still, a tiny part of us hopes this is a double Christmas Miracle in the making... but regardless of what happens with the tiny one, we are so grateful Mary will only know love, happiness and a full food bowl from now on.

Here's Mary's story, for those who missed it yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens/videos/vb.462536430487893/975305852544279/?type=2&theater

Thank you SO much for your support... your incredible generosity was enough to cover her night at the emergency clinic, with some left over in case she does need emergency surgery. If she does not need emergency surgery, we will use your donations for her care while she is with us, and for her spay, whenever that happens.

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this posted on chat about Mary:

Shelly updated chat that Mary passed three non-viable fetuses earlier today. Situation is being monitored, Mary is comfy, made biscuits in Lawana's lap. Need ultrasound to check for other babies.

Esteemed Contributor

Shelly posted this comprehensive update on the Tinykittens FB page:

Happy Boxing Day! grin emoticon

Here's the latest on the cats and kittens at TK HQ - it's been a CRAZY holiday week for us!!

- Mistletoe's foot is healing very nicely, and she is barely limping! She came in on Dec 9th with a crushed and infected food, and had emergency surgery at Mountain View Veterinary Hospital to remove a mangled toe and put the rest of her foot back together again. We really appreciate that Dr. F tried hard and was able to save her thumb, since at the time of surgery we were thinking it was very likely this 1 year old feral cat would be returning to the forest after her recovery, and having a thumb would help her climb trees. Luckily, she is making pretty amazing progress with socialization and we are hopeful we will be able to find her a very special home who will continue to work with her.

- Holly Belle is the cat who started us on our ringworm adventure, after she was spotted by farm workers barely able to walk. They were discussing "putting it out of its misery," but luckily the Property Owner had a better idea and called us. We don't know how both of her front paws got so infected, and wounds like hers are very slow to heal. Her right paw is looking much better, but her left is still trying to heal so we are doing daily paw soaks, antibiotics and treatment to help get her better as quickly as possible. Dr. F came out earlier this week and believes our teeny tiny Holly is 8 months old, despite her unusually miniature size. Her age makes her progress being socialized all the more incredible! This newly formerly feral kitten will definitely be ready for a home as soon as her paws are healed (and as soon as her room is cleared of ringworm).

- Joy is coming along nicely, and is being treated for upper respiratory infection accompanied by a slight raspiness in her lungs. We think she is about six months old, and while she is still a bit more shy than Holly and Comet, she loves being petted and will just purr and purr once you have her in your lap.

- Comet is healthy and adorable, just waiting on ringworm clearance before he's ready to go home.

In the Ringworm Romper Room, everyone is still fluorescing from the ringworm, but they are looking better and better each day and I am starting to see healthy growth come in underneath the fluorescing hairs. Because their immune systems were basically shot when they came in, it will likely take an extra week or two for them to be ready for their next round of PCR tests to determine if they are ringworm-free. Despite the ringworm, all four kittens are now thriving, happy and LOVE getting snuggles.

- Dr. F thinks Elf is closer to 8 months old too. Like Holly Belle, Elf is not even 2kg, absolutely tiny for her age. She is still shy if you try to approach her, but purrs up a storm once she's in your lap! She will need a very special family who understands that it will take some time to gain her trust, but that she will love getting snuggles from Day 1.

- Our little ‪#‎MicroFloof‬ Noelle was in grave condition when she arrived - emaciated, anemic, lethargic and dehydrated. She has really started to rally in the last two weeks after an aggressive deworming & parasite regimen, quality nutrition generously provided by Royal Canin Canada, and LOTS of snuggles. Because she had ringworm covering her entire body, legs, feet and tail, she's gone pretty bald, so I can't wait to see how floofy she actually gets once she's finally cured!

Our Christmas Eve kitty, Mary, had an eventful couple of days after showing up literally on our doorstep on Christmas Eve, bleeding heavily. We suspected a miscarriage in progress and rushed her to the emergency clinic, where she was admitted for the night. In the wee hours of the morning, the vets discovered a single tiny heartbeat. After confirming that she wasn't in immediate danger, we chose not to do an emergency spay so we could give her baby a chance. We have been advised it is VERY unlikely the baby will survive, and we know we may have used up more than our fair share of miracles this year, but we can't help hoping for just one more... So Mary came home yesterday, and a few hours later started having contractions whilst in snuggler Lawana's lap. She expelled three undeveloped fetuses within a matter of minutes. Two of them looked like they had not been viable for some time, and the third was a bit larger but we are still hopeful our little heartbeat is still inside... We won't know for a few more days. Mary has stopped bleeding, at least for now, and is bright, happy and such a little love. We are monitoring very closely, and if she begins to bleed heavily again we will need to take her in for surgery. If by some miracle our little heartbeat is still beating, we are expecting at least 20 more days of pregnancy. Regardless of what happens with our little one, Mary is safe, warm and loved, and will get her Happily Ever After whenever she is healthy and spayed. There's a video of her along with an update at TinyKittens.com/feralcam if you scroll down below the live video feed.

And finally, Cassidy our two-legged ‪#‎MiracleKitten‬ is very healthy and starting to tolerate his splints for longer periods of time. We still have a long road ahead, but may be travelling to North Carolina in the near future to see Dr. Marcellin-Little in person and see if we can make any improvements to his splints or his physical therapy regimen.

THANK MEW to everyone who has supported us throughout the last few unbelievably eventful months. We've taken on some extremely difficult cases, and your support and encouragement keeps us going. heart emoticon heart emoticon heart emoticon

Here's more about TinyKittens and what we do: TinyKittens.com
Watch the Ringworm Romper Room live: TinyKittens.com/feralcam

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart What a wonderful, heartwarming Christmas Eve miracle story!...I like to believe that Mary was led  by a very special Angel that blessed evening,  which brought her to TKHQ,  where she finally found loving refuge with very special "hooman" Angels, in a very special "Manger"!...I especially like to believe that this was a very special spiritual  message and gift for Shelly! Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone

I haven't been following the tiny kittens cam for a while. I started with Taylor Swift (thanks to betteb) through Tip and ended with Cassidy. I just couldn't do it anymore. 

I do go to tiny kittens from time to time. I miss the live cam on Cassidy but he seems to be doing fine. Bless the sweetie and Topper.

I did enjoy posting with each and every single one of you and wish you a belated Christmas and an eary Happy New Year. 

I look forward to seeing a thread from Marp come February on the upcoming birth of a long neck beauty. I pray it will be safe birth for baby and Autumn.

Peace and joy to all 2 legged and 4 legged creatures that live on this tiny blue rock. 

Esteemed Contributor

Update!...The Cam has been switched over to Holly, Comet, Mistletoe & Joy...What a difference since the last time I was able to view them!....Paw injuries are healing very well and.....drum rollllll.....they have now tested Negative for Ringworm!...WooHoo!...Another test will be done in two weeks to confirm the first Negative results!...They have been moved to another room with lots of toys, cuddly blankets and a tall cat tree leading up to a window...They look fantastic and are playing and enjoying each other very much!...Update by Shelly is in beginning of Cam this morning...Shelly is looking wonderful and Ringworm free also!...lol

The Romper Room Scamps are on the VIP Cam which I'm not a member of, so I will miss seeing them for a while.

Shelly also stated that Mary is doing well and she is planning on taking her to Dr. F for an ultrasound later this week or early next week to determine if there is possibly a surviving fetus...She is giving Mary much needed time for rest, relaxation and adjustment before proceeding any further...lots of TLC and Patience!

So, all great news!...All are thriving at TKHQ! Heart