Trusted Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@betteb...I am so happy to see you back here posting!...I was concerned that you may  have been feeling  hurt...My personal feelings are that it wasn't meant to be directed at you intentionally...It probably just looked that way to you because your post had been quoted with the link of the incident which was disturbing to her and so she vented her feelings regarding Tip and the chatters, as well as other personal observations.....just as I did about Mila a couple of months ago...so I really wouldn't take it personally...She just needed to back away from it all for a while and I understood where she was coming from...What I have always loved about this thread is that we all can feel free to express our feelings without any concern of backlash...rather understanding and support!...We all are definitely dealing with many personal mixed emotions when it comes to these precious animals!

@MyShadowLove. THIS!! 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

Cat Sad

Eep & Owl: West End Girls
8 hrs ·

It’s with great sadness that we have to report that Eep and Owl have tonight gone back to Tiny Kittens HQ. Despite the fact we had two cats for 19 years, unfortunately the allergies these two fluffballs stirred up in our home were unsolvable.

Our hearts are broken, but we know that Eep & Owl will find a loving home within the Tiny Kittens family. We want to give the hugest, warmest thank you to Shelly for all her support and kindness. We had a good cry together tonight when we had to leave the kittens with her, and cannot think of a kinder, sweeter person, who does so much for feral cats (and people!) If there was any way to have kept these little girls with us, we would have done it. We love you Eep & Owl, we’ll miss you both forever. You’ll always be our West End Girls.

I'm not doubting these loving hoomins, but I've never heard of a situation where a person was allergic to some cats, but not others. They said they had cats for 19 years, but their allergies flared up with Eep and Owl.  I'm not sure why, as Eep and Owl are short-haired kitties.  Everyone I know is either allergic to all cats or none at all.

It must have broken their hearts to have to bring them back, but I have no doubt that these girls will find the purrfect home very soon.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Hot off the press from Livestream chat:  NOVA IS NOT PREGNANT!!!!  Woo hoo!  

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Cat Sad

8 hrs ·

It’s with great sadness that we have to report that Eep and Owl have tonight gone back to Tiny Kittens HQ. Despite the fact we had two cats for 19 years, unfortunately the allergies these two fluffballs stirred up in our home were unsolvable.

Our hearts are broken, but we know that Eep & Owl will find a loving home within the Tiny Kittens family. We want to give the hugest, warmest thank you to Shelly for all her support and kindness. We had a good cry together tonight when we had to leave the kittens with her, and cannot think of a kinder, sweeter person, who does so much for feral cats (and people!) If there was any way to have kept these little girls with us, we would have done it. We love you Eep & Owl, we’ll miss you both forever. You’ll always be our West End Girls.

I'm not doubting these loving hoomins, but I've never heard of a situation where a person was allergic to some cats, but not others. They said they had cats for 19 years, but their allergies flared up with Eep and Owl.  I'm not sure why, as Eep and Owl are short-haired kitties.  Everyone I know is either allergic to all cats or none at all.

It must have broken their hearts to have to bring them back, but I have no doubt that these girls will find the purrfect home very soon.

@Topaz Gem, Hi, my name is Marp and I am allergic, make that highly allergic, to SOME cats.  Most of them for some reason are gingers.  Allergy medication does not help.  Tea has a lot of orange on her and there are times she causes my eyes to water, nose to itch and lots of sneezing.   Most times none of those symptoms.  Her sibling is a ginger and I can't be around him for very long without wheezing.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Cat Sad

8 hrs ·

@Topaz Gem, Hi, my name is Marp and I am allergic, make that highly allergic, to SOME cats.  Most of them for some reason are gingers.  Allergy medication does not help.  Tea has a lot of orange on her and there are times she causes my eyes to water, nose to itch and lots of sneezing.   Most times none of those symptoms.  Her sibling is a ginger and I can't be around him for very long without wheezing.

Hi Marp, thanks for taking the time to educate me. :-).  Not having allergies myself, I had no idea that a person's allergic reactions could vary from cat to cat.  I thought that a person was either allergic or not.  That being said, I feel so bad for the people that had to bring Eep and Owl back.  Their FB post conveyed how devastated they really were.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Kitten Therapy very much needed!...It's been a tough week!...My husband's brother passed away last Saturday...so unexpected and tragic...so much more life to live...taken much too soon....Life is so very precious!

I'm catching up here this morning...checked in on the Cams and all is so quiet!...I was so sorry to read about Eep & Owl having to be returned to TKHQ because of allergy problems...I also found it interesting that those suffering from cat allergies are not necessarily allergic to all cats...I remember quite a few adoption applications were received for Eep & Owl, so I'm hoping that there is another wonderful "furever" home waiting in their future very soon, so that they can finally get settled!

So very happy to read about Nova being trapped and spayed and now romping happily back in her forest home!

I checked out Tip & Bootsy on their Facebook page this morning and saw two adorable pictures posted....It will be interesting to see how all goes with the adoptive family's gorgeous cat, Thor...What a beautiful trio they all will be!

How are Mr. T and Pinecone doing...no Cam available...If I remember correctly, they will be going to their "furever" home this coming week?

Okay, I just wanted to check back in with all "tiny kitten" fans this morning...Beautiful Fall day here  in the Northeast and we are planning on having a very much needed relaxing day...We woke up to rain and now the Sun is out...I'm headed out for a very long walk! 

cat chasing tail smiley  LOL

Wishing Everyone A Great Day! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart  Look what I just found!...Mr. T enjoying the wonderful "Catio"!...This is such a fantastic improvement and will definitely make for a much more healthier and happier environment for all fosters! Heart

Leopard, Bobcat and Big Brother Jager's photo.
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove, sincerest condolences to you and Mr. Wildflowers.  It is always heartbreaking to lose a loved one but to lose them at young age and unexpectedly is even more heartwrenching.

I don't know if you checked the happier cats page but I think you will be happy to read the following:

Sloaney answers the age-old question, "Who's pretty?"
Is she starting to forgive me for abducting her or is she just hungry? You decide! wink emoticon

I also saw Mila today, looking fabulous as always. It's been very interesting over the last 9 months seeing how the different cats have responded to being socialized in the forest where they are happy and comfortable vs in a home where they start off stressed and terrified.

There is a short accompanying video that I know will bring a smile.

https://www.facebook.com/PeopleForHappierCats

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp...Thank you for your thoughtful words!

I checked out "people for happier cats" and saw the video of Sloaney!...She looks wonderful!...I think she might be saying..."Didz you happenz to bringz onez of thoze furry cudzly blanketz wiz yous?"..LOL

These videos are definitely very telling...My dream will always remain that people, who have the means and are able to provide the proper suitable environment for these cats, would reach out and give them a chance so that they wouldn't always have to be returned back to the colony...I'm actually surprised, with the exposure that "tiny kittens" has, that we don't see this happening by now!

Hope all is going well with your adorable furry family, Marp!

Esteemed Contributor

Eep and Owl had a play date with Cassidy this afternoon. Check out this adorable candid shot.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines