Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, Marp,

Isn't it a bummer how "real life" just gets in our way!...lol

Are you saying that our precious Eve and combined litters will be going to their forever homes on Friday already...all of them?...I will miss them so very much! Cat Sad

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Eve and the Palindromes will be leaving but Sloaney's kittens will be with us for short time yet.  From Tinykittens FB page:

Can you believe it's that time again? Eve + the Palindromes will be packing their ‪#‎tinysuitcases‬ on Friday at 11am PT, and will be leaving to meet their new families around 1:30pm. Sloaney's Happy Forest kittens will be with us at TKHQ for another 2 weeks or so.

So far, here are the Facebook pages:
Mama Eve and Arora Palindrome's Happy Tails
The Shenanigans of Izzi & Otto Palindrome
Happy Forest Kittens - Cricket & Katydid
Badger & Junebug's Furever Furrytail Forest Fantasy
Pip & Siris are in progress!

OR, you can follow these lists to get everyone's updates in one place:
Sloaney's Happy Forest Kittens: https://www.facebook.com/lists/878185475589651
Eve + the Palindromes:
https://www.facebook.com/lists/878185108923021

We are all so, so grateful to the wonderful new families for allowing us to follow along as our little darlings grow up.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if I should just post this here or if I should start a separate Kiko update thread.  For now I will just post here.

I posted: Hi Toronto from North Carolina. As a Kiko follower we are anxious for information about him and how he has adjusted to his new surroundings. Are there plans to install a livecam so we can continue our obsession with watching Kiko?

The zoo's reply follows:

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a webcam within our indoor and outdoor giraffe habitats. However, our Zoo Keeper Andy will keep Kiko fans up-to-date on our YouTube channel with a series of Keeper Talks. You can watch the first one here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myw_ZpHoaxo

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marp,

Yes, I was able to do some exploring tonight and am all set with the websites that you listed for Eve and The Palindromes and also Sloaney's kittens!...As sad as it is for all of us to "let them go", we all are also so very thrilled and happy that they have been adopted into forever loving homes and that the adopters will be sharing their journeys with us!...How wonderful and generous of them!

Oh my gosh, the little tiny suitcases are just too precious!...I had better have a box of kleenex on hand for Friday's departure...I noted preparations starting at 2:00 and departure at 4:30 EST, so I'm going to have to do just a little "finagling" with my schedule and it should work out fine!...Our "little darlings" are top priority now! Heart

I also took down your info on Kiko...I can't think of any better distraction than the wondrous World of Nature!

Thanks to you and betteb, I now have a list of several websites that is growing longer and longer!   LOL

Esteemed Contributor

LOL Wildflowers, some forms of addiction can be very rewarding not only to the adictee (is that a word?) but the joy extends to those around us.

Kitten therapy rules.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

LOL Wildflowers, some forms of addiction can be very rewarding not only to the adictee (is that a word?) but the joy extends to those around us.

Kitten therapy rules.

-------------------------------------------------

So true, Marp, so true!...I'm not sure about "adictee" being a word, but not to worry!...I never heard of "hooman" before your thread either, so my speech pattern and vocabulary are gradually changing also!...LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Hi everyonesmileys-waving-170093.gif Thanks so much Marp for the Kiko info.

I just checked in on the Clone Troopers, we have some serious whappy paws going on at the milk bar right now hEARTS SMILEY.jpg

Taylor is having a photo shoot right now and hamming it up for the camera. Her big boys are starting to get their eyes open and already trying to escape the nest.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Evening, Everyone,

Well, not long now and our Eve & Palindromes will be heading to their" Furever" homes...Izzi & Arora will be getting spayed tomorrow...I saw Eve tonight!!!!...She came over the wall to say "Mew" to all of us who don't have the VIP Cam...They will be so missed!

How old are the "Happy Forest" kittens now...7 weeks?...Did anyone see the video of Sloaney playing during one of Shelly's visits?...So much more trusting now...I'm telling you, there are ferals that would make wonderful companions, as long as they are kept in the right environment suitable for them...They just need lots of time and patience...Sloaney would make a beautiful pet and, if I had the right environment for her, I would have adopted her, along with her sister, Quark...That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it!...lol

Rhodes was spotted for the first time since his neuter and eye operation and is doing good....I would have taken him too!...lol...How can one not be touched by these precious Ferals!

I also read where Shelly is trying to trap another pregnant Feral...Her name is Sigma and she is very skittish and difficult to trap, so many are hoping that Sloaney and others will get the word out to her that Shelly runs a wonderful Cat Spa in her home, so go for it!

I have started peeking in on beautiful Taylor and her precious kittens...another wonderful, gentle Mother Cat!

I would love to know where Shelly gets all of the fabulous items and toys, as well as the adorable furniture...I also love how she has decorated the walls with those really cute stick-ons...such precious decorations!...She really gives it her all and is the best Foster Mom...such a loving, caring, giving person!

Okay, that's my "not-so-brief" synopsis for the evening!...lol...Hope everyone has had a great day! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wildflowers,

A lot of the toys, etc. are gifts sent to Shelly for the fosters and some are for specific litters. I remember reading that Shelly gets the household type furniture at Ikea and the one sofa is actually a scratching post.

I do hope Shelly is able to trap Sigma before she has her kittens. I also heard her mention that one of the mothers they were unable to catch before having her kittens would be safe to capture now.

Have you been able to clear your schedule for tiny suitcases? It is always a funny, fun, sad, weepy event.

Have you checked in on FDJ's new fosters, the Clone Troopers? Unless their colors develop quickly they are going to be very interesting to watch when they start moving around more. Eyes should be opening in the next few days. They were born on June 21st.

http://livestream.com/FosterKittenCam/CloneTroopers

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh Geez, Marp, no I haven't checked out the "Clone Troopers" yet!...However, I just added the website to my ever-growing list!...LOL

You are not going to believe this and I'm not sure if I should even be admitting to it, but this is what I'm doing...I went into work earlier than usual today and also stayed an extra couple of hours...I will be doing same tomorrow, so that I can get off early on Friday!...LOL...My work schedule is flexible, as long as I put in the required hours...There are also a couple of co-workers who have become involved with the kitten cams and we were in hysterics today as to how we can work out our hours in order to be able to view Eve & Palindromes journeys to their "furever" homes...We are staggering our time, but I beat them to it and got top priority!...LOL

Yes, I so hope that Shelly can trap Sigma before she gives birth...I bet she has the "Forest Room" all set up already!

I'm already feeling the emotions building up for the  "tiny suitcases"...I will supply the Kleenex for everyone and I also have some wonderful cucumber eye pads which will help soothe our teary eyes...Eve and her precious litter have brought such joy, warmth and love to all of us and I have enjoyed this journey so very, very much! Heart