Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

That is such great news Marp!  Wonderful...

Esteemed Contributor

In case y'all missed this on FB re TNR:

Happy ‪#‎feralfriday‬! 675 unwanted kittens have now been prevented from being conceived in our pilot TNR colony -- and that's just for the rest of 2015!

HUGE thanks to Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) staff for putting in more than 1000 hours doing intake exams, setting up the garage, cleaning up feral cat pee and dirt trails, staying late, bottle feeding orphans, bathing ringworm kittens, making vet appointments, transporting cats and more in support of this project. It is a massive amount of work, and they work tirelessly. heart emoticon

Our volunteer field team has also racked up more than 1000 hours providing daily care, monitoring and feeding for the colony, as well as trapping, transporting cats, giving ringworm baths, socializing feral kittens and collecting data for the research we're doing on feral cat populations. THANK MEW, Kimsies, Lorie and Jules!!! heart emoticon

And we're so fortunate to have the support of a TERRIFIC group of local volunteers who do things like building and delivering feral cat nesting boxes at the drop of a hat, bathing and socializing ringworm kittens, putting up posters to help raise awareness, and much more. You guys are simply amazing, and we are so grateful.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

YES, the hoomans are amazing and the payoff must be soo gratifying for them.

Halting 675 kittens ( that would most likely not live a week in the wild) just

in the pilot colony alone is HUGE.  They are to be commended mightily...  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marp, thanks so much for posting all of that information...LAPS has done such a wonderful, amazing job and are certainly a wonderful role model for all rescue organizations!

So, we now have a giraffe in our mix!...I'm not a big fan of Zoos unless they are more of a wildlife sanctuary setting and I'm happy to read that Kiko is in such a setting...I will have to check out her story on the website you provided.

Regarding Eve, after she was spayed, she was separated from Sloane's litter due to the fact that they were still trying to occasionally nurse from her...So, I haven't seen much of her this past week, at least when I have checked in...I saw the chatters mention that she was on the VIP Cam and they were sharing what they were observing.

Oh, let me also share that a few of Sloane's litter kind of ganged up on Arora and were trying to nurse from her last night...This was also mentioned by the chatters and I went back in the timeline to view it and was somewhat concerned for poor Arora, but she was just so nonchalant about it and, eventually, strolled away from them and they got the message...Poor little things needed some Mommy Comfort

SeaGal...I was happy to see your post about you and your neighbor's combined menagerie...It sounds like you have everything worked out together so that is good!...Do the cats have shelter provided also?...Yes, I need to cover all the necessities with you so that I can rest tonight!...LOL

Oh, also, before I head out, the pairings are...

Eve & Arora...Izzi & Otto...Siris & Pip...Cricket & Katy...Junebug & Badger.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just on Facebook and I saw a lot of TinyKittens. I subscribe, so I had lots of pics, including Eve's and Sloney's bunch. Lots of good playtime pics.Heart

I followed the birth of Kiko, here on this board...I love giraffes.Heart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

I was just on Facebook and I saw a lot of TinyKittens. I subscribe, so I had lots of pics, including Eve's and Sloney's bunch. Lots of good playtime pics.Heart

I followed the birth of Kiko, here on this board...I love giraffes.Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

betteb...Is Eve still being kept apart from Sloaney's litter?...I see that Eve's litter is able to come and go between both areas, so I was just wondering how Eve is being kept apart since being spayed?...I haven't seen her in a few days and miss her.

Esteemed Contributor

Wildflowers, I didn'tsee anything about that on facebook page. Just picks of the kittens at play. Otto was being so cute, playing with a kitty bug toyHeart

I think you would enjoy checking out Kiko. Giraffes are amazing.

I stayed at a B&B with my husband for an anniversary. It was 

http://kansastravel.org/hedricksexoticanimal.htm

It's about 70 miles from where I live. I got to hand feed and pet giraffes. I was in giraffe heaven. They are so gentle and have huge, intelligent eyes. The farm was so quiet and peaceful. All the suites were very nice and had large whirlpools. 

Breakfast the next morning was TDF. Home cooking, but things like french toast casserole and egg casserole, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit.

Of all the things we did for our anniversaries, this was the best, IMOHeart

Pictures of the farm at that link.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Wildflowers, I didn'tsee anything about that on facebook page. Just picks of the kittens at play. Otto was being so cute, playing with a kitty bug toyHeart

I think you would enjoy checking out Kiko. Giraffes are amazing.

I stayed at a B&B with my husband for an anniversary. It was 

http://kansastravel.org/hedricksexoticanimal.htm

It's about 70 miles from where I live. I got to hand feed and pet giraffes. I was in giraffe heaven. They are so gentle and have huge, intelligent eyes. The farm was so quiet and peaceful. All the suites were very nice and had large whirlpools. 

Breakfast the next morning was TDF. Home cooking, but things like french toast casserole and egg casserole, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit.

Of all the things we did for our anniversaries, this was the best, IMOHeart

Pictures of the farm at that link.

Adding to my 'possible relocation places' list.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

betteb...They all are just so adorable and precious to watch...such an uplifting distraction from all the chaos going on in our Country and the World!

I will definitely check out the website that Marp provided for Kiko...I love all animals, so I'm quite curious on her story.

Your anniversary trip sounds wonderful!...I will check out the link as soon as I finish posting...I have a relative who just moved to Kansas...from the Northeast... so quite a change for him, but he has adjusted quite well...His wife's family is from there!

We are having rainy weather here, so I am planning on a nice lazy day tomorrow and will check in again!

Esteemed Contributor

I miss Wildflowers. I guess she is on a trip?