Regular Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

Marp, thanks for telling us about the kitten cam. I've enjoyed watching their journey. I wanted to ask you if Kiko got moved yet? CH
Esteemed Contributor

CharleyHorse,

Kiko is in Toronto and should be close to or at the end of his quarantine.  Because of the worldwide following and continued interest in Kiko the zoo did say they would look into setting up a cam but at this point that is all I know.

I'm glad you are enjoying the kittencam(s). 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Wildflowers,

I think Eve and Arora are a great pairing. I'm not surprised that there are apps for Eve. Shelly has a 100% adoption record for the moms.

House Hooman (Eric) is also very involved with the fostering process and apparently supports Shelly completely.  He even pitches in and helps behind the scenes.  He is just camera shy.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info Marp. I hope they can get a cam going in Toronto. I hope Autumn and Walter took the move ok. CH
Esteemed Contributor

Just letting everyone know, Kayla is on Livestream right now, playing with Taylor and her boysWoman HappyHeart

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Marp...When you have time, could you please explain what the VIP Cam is?...I haven't been able to view Eve with her kittens since she is now on the VIP Cam, which sounds exclusive?

Also, what is the website I can go to in order to keep up with the adoption process of Eve and litter, etc.?...I remember your mentioning early on that their stories and progress will be available once they are adopted into their forever, loving homes.

Who is Kiko?...or maybe I better not ask!...LOL

Waving to betteb & CharleyHorse!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi wildflowers, things are looking better. Hubs said the Uncle

kitty has been brushed and his mats are gone, when I opened 

the deck slider this am I saw him playing in the back on a pile of branches,

then he took of in a playful run and up a little tree, he is usually pretty

subdued so it was great to see him so spirited. I think having better range

of motion sans the mats has made for a happy boy!! I do have to call my

neighbor because it dawned on me the 3 skinny kits may need a worm pill

as I am sure her hub has at least a crunchie bowl back by his shop.

I see my hubs DOES have a bowl of water back by our garden, between the

2 hubs, these cats are all well loved!

My hubby plays with them every night after work so they are not as spooked,

they all have very cute, sweet dispositions and between her 2 cats and my 4,

we/they/us have a family of 10 lol. Both of us have big properties, there is

plenty of room and everyone gets along fine. I am just thankful they are all 

neutered, less chance of any fighting when they get older. 

I donated to the rescue I used last summer and to the rescue they used but

I think I will take some money over for a bag of food and maybe some worm

med, (instead of calling),

we have grown to love these guys too so I will do what we can to defray some

of the cost. anyway...its all good!!

I was happy to see Rhodes got help, that boy needed some TLC. 

Shelly is a saint, I am taking a que from her with this little colony here,  we have 

to do what we can for cats as they really do need a helping hand.   Heart

I will let Marp fill you in on our Kiko, hint: he is a giraffe!!

Everyone hearts Kiko...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Wildflowers,

I'll start with the easy one first. Kiko is a Masai giraffe that was born at Greenville (SC) zoo about two years ago. I started a thread about the impending birth as it was being broadcast via earthcam and there was a large following around the world including many members here.

A few weeks ago Kiko was transferred to Toronto Zoo as part of the giraffe preservation program. Because of Kiko's continued popularity and following Toronto Zoo said they would look into doing a cam once Kiko is on display. You can still watch his mother Autumn and father Walter at http://www.earthcam.com/usa/southcarolina/greenville/?cam=giraffe_int. There is a cam in the giraffe barn and one for the paddock but to really see either Autumn or Walter the barn cam is best early morning before they go to the paddock or during the evening and night when they are in the barn. There is also a link to the birth archieves.

Now, about the VIP cam. It is a subscription access cam that Shelly started as a way to raise money for her 501(c) projects. It is supposed to have the same coverage as the free cam but with different views. The cost is around $14 a month Canadian or there is an event catagory for around $100 Canadian that I think runs for a year. Not positive about that part. The monthly cost works out to about $9 or $10 a month USD.

I have been away from the cams and even FB for most of the last couple of weeks so I'm not up on a lot of details of timing, etc.

Once the applications are received the prospective adoptors go through the vetting process which if they rent includes contacting their landlords to confirm pets are okay. Once the matches are approved the prospective adoptors are notificed they still have to wait a bit until "adoption day". For Shelly's fosters adoptors are encouraged to set up FB pages for their kittens so the cam watchers can continue to follow them.

Almost all agree although there have been some problems with ugly comments and trolling but that has only affected a couple of adoptors to the point where they shut down FB. The names of the FB pages will be posted on TKHQ and/or TKCP.

Eve and Arora's page is at https://www.facebook.com/EveandArora2015?fref=ts and Badger & Junebug's page is at https://www.facebook.com/Junebug.Badger/posts/712481625523032?fref=nf If there are more pages set up I missed them.

Now I have a question--why is Eve and the Palindromes in another room?

One more thing, there is a live broadcast starting at about 11 pacific of the Kitten Palooza sponsored by LAPS. Shelly is using "the girls" cam to broadcast. http://livestream.com/tinykittens/events/4065532

Respected Contributor

Marp, I watch the tinykitcam but I just glance at the chat and

then the Happier Cats fb page once a week or so, so is it a sure thing

Eve and Arora AND Junie and Badger are paired by adopters?

If so, that is wonderful news.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SeaGal, I did see that all the Palindromes have been paired and apparently their adoptors selected.  With the FB pages set up I would say the pairings I posted are confirmed.