Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

Yes, Marp, my "experimenting" has, at times, caused disastrous results and then I'm left wondering what it is I have "done" and now have to "undo"!...lol...In time, it will all come together...I still have a couple of things in my privacy settings to straighten out.

I need my "cat therapy" and am due to check on sweet, gentle Eve and her precious menagerie tonight!...I'm so hoping that they will be able to trap Rhodes soon, as that picture is so heartbreaking...Hopefully, a positive update tonight!

@Marp2...Let's see if this works tonight!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning kittencammers.  Since we all have so much spare time on our hands I want to share a new foster family with you.  I was introduced to Kim when she had her last fosters.

Kim is really down to earth and I think you will like her.  She works for NASA in the rocket propulsion lab if I remember correctly.  She was working on the Mars rover project and is a Star Wars geek.  I hope you get a chance to see her on a visit to the kittens. 

Her current fosters are Feya and kittens.  Her FB page is at https://www.facebook.com/kimsfosterkittens?fref=ts and the livestream address is http://livestream.com/kimsfosterkittens/events/4129093

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Marp...I haven't signed up with Livestream yet, which is required for some of their kitten cams...I'm just keeping up with Eve and her menagerie and also checking any updates for Sloane and Rhodes for now.

Did you see the latest picture of Sloane...all snuggled up with another cat...a boyfriend, perhaps?...It's adorable!

LAPS also just captured two "ferocious manly males" (dubbed by LAPS)...seems they spend a lot of time either wooing the "ladies" or fighting with each other, so neutering will, hopefully, calm them down a bit so they can live more peacefully amongst each other.

Going to spend some time meandering around here tonight again, while sipping on a soothing glass of red wine!

Hope betteb and others make an appearance soon!

ETA:..My mind was so tired tonight that, at first, I misunderstood your post about Kim and thought you were talking about a cat and referred to her as an astronaut kitty...lol..so I came back to change the wording before anyone thought I had lost it entirely!...lol...Busy day at work...Time for me to call it a day!

Valued Contributor

A heads up.  There is an adorable "glamour" shot of Izzi on the Tinykittens FB page.

Esteemed Contributor

Marp...We just posted at the same time, so see my post.

Headed over to check out Izzi!

Valued Contributor

There is a lengthy video (about an hour) at http://livestream.com/tinykittens/events/4065532/videos/90673494

It is about the intake of three male ferals from the colony.  There is a lot of information contained in the video including a Q&A.  A time investment but worth it.

Valued Contributor

Excerpt from People for Happier Cats FB page:

Our Compassionate Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) pilot is the result of an awesome partnership between Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) and Tinykittens.

So far, we have prevented 573 unwanted kittens from being conceived (in the remainder of 2015 alone) by spaying and neutering 63 cats. We've been able to accomplish so much so quickly because of the hard work and dedication of our amazing team, and because of the extraordinary generosity of our wonderful supporters.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

They do amazing work Marp, I love these folks.

I was hesitant in my feelings on the feral colony but have changed my mind, they all look so happy together out there. It is hard to believe (well hard to fathom) how many kittens they have prevented from being born the rest of this year alone, great work.

My neighbor and I worked with a rescue group to have a small colony behind her shed, the other side of my hedge, spay (nueter) them. There is 4 of them all back in there birthplace, mom got away after her spay from the group somehow grrr, but the boys are all doing fine (a little smaller than they should be at their age because of the early loss of mom), they get along well with her cats and mine, her hub says they HAVE to stay. One boy is the moms brother, the first 2 of the ferals, and the 3 are her youngest, so its their uncle is caring for the 3 boys! They idolize him lol. Mom also had 5 kittens last summer out the other side of my house that I was able to trap at a couple weeks of age and thankfully they were all adopted out by the rescue group.

Its alot of work so my hat is totally off to Shelley and ALL involved.

Time is getting short, I will miss Eves Palindromes and Sloaneys Forest Kids but they are wonderful and they will make many somebodys happy.

I want Cricket!    Heart

Esteemed Contributor

SeaGal...I love your post!...How wonderful of you and your neighbor to be caring for a small colony of feral cats together...I was sad to read that the mother cat got away from the rescue group after she was spayed...Did this happen in the location where the rescue organization is located?...How far is it from your home?

Also, you mentioned that both your cats and your neighbor's cats get along well with the ferals...I found this very interesting, as cats are usually very territorial...So your domesticated cats and the feral cats mingle together without any problems?

I'm going to try using the notification feature which should alert you to my post, hopefully.

@SeaGal

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

SeaGal...I love your post!...How wonderful of you and your neighbor to be caring for a small colony of feral cats together...I was sad to read that the mother cat got away from the rescue group after she was spayed...Did this happen in the location where the rescue organization is located?...How far is it from your home?

Also, you mentioned that both your cats and your neighbor's cats get along well with the ferals...I found this very interesting, as cats are usually very territorial...So your domesticated cats and the feral cats mingle together without any problems?

I'm going to try using the notification feature which should alert you to my post, hopefully.

@SeaGal

Hi wildflowers, in April the neighbor guy mentioned to my husband he was having a rescue group help him trap to spay/nueter them, but that the young mom got away. He said the rescue gal had her at her house after being spayed, she was bringing her back to my neighbors in the am and somehow young momma got out a window? I think it was just a thing of convenience, of logistics and time for her having the cat at her home. My neighbor did go to her home to call for the momma but she has never been seen since. This gal is the head of the rescue group herself so I expect she should have known better then to have a window open? Smiley Frustrated

As far as the feral kittens who by now I call semi feral, have basically grown up so close in proximity to my 4 very sweet cats, my cats have just accepted them being back there between the two yards. The oldest feral is only approx 2 now, he and his sister the escapee (mom to the 3, 6 mo. old kittens) were born back there too so same thing, my cats just accepted them living back there. And a little help from my husband, the cat whisperer!   Heart

I dont know where the original mom is either...  Smiley Sad

eta~ I dont think that notification feature is working? I didnt get a one.