Valued Contributor

Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone.  Hope this does not get lost amongst the gamer posts.  I am going to start by posting the FB addresses for Tinykittens, TKCP and People for Happier cats, along with the livestream link to Eve and the kittens below.

Adoption applications are now being taken for Eve and all of the kittens.  Details for the adoption process can be found under the More Event Details section at Eve's livestream.

Sloaney's kittens are really catching up and watching the nine kittens interact is the ultimate kitten therapy.  There is brief video of Sloaney lounging posted on the Happier cats FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens   https://www.facebook.com/tinykittenscatpack   https://www.facebook.com/PeopleForHappierCats   http://livestream.com/tinykittens/eve

@MyShadowLove

Valued Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

I am so glad y'all are finding your way to this thread.  I know interest remains high and will increase over the all too brief time we have left with the Palindromes and Happy Forest babies and Eve.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Marp, feline groovy & Topaz Gem,

Thanks so much, Marp, for continuing this wonderful, heartwarming thread!

It's great to see posters finding their way back here amongst the chaos!...lol...I was hoping that, when I logged on tonight, a miracle had occurred today and, perhaps, the forums would have become more user friendly and welcoming!...Silly Me!...lol

Great to see you again, feline groovy & Topaz Gem!...I hope betteb, Witchy Woman, Noel and others who joined in on the original thread will find their way here also...There were also some posters who acknowledged on your original thread, Marp, how much they have been enjoying watching the journeys of Eve & Sloane...They just don't post regularly,  so you never know how many people are touched by any certain thread!

Eve and her litter and step-litter continue to amuse and delight me...never know what we will see when checking up on them...I love Shelly's interior design touches...the adorable mini couches, chair, bedding, etc. and all of the wonderful toys that are never-ending!

I am also so very, very happy to see how well our Sloaney  is doing  back at her forest colony and I love how Shelly has still kept the videos up on her site of  Sloaney while in her care.

I went to "people for happier cats" and saw another very touching story about another cat, named Rhodes, who has something very serious going on with one of her eyes...LAPS has been trying to trap her for a while and she has become more trustful, so they were hoping to be able to trap her today, in order to give her the loving care that is so needed...There is a picture posted of her panting and her eye is in terrible condition, so the poor thing is definitely in dire need of help, so I will be checking back in later tonight and hoping to see an update that they were able to trap her today.

I will be home tomorrow, so I will take some time to try and adjust more to this "exciting new look"...lol...in the forums and make some personal adjustments in my settings....everything is just so awkward looking!

Okay, wishing everyone a great evening!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Valued Contributor

Wildflowers,

When I started this thread I did an @ your name to try to figure out how that worked.  I anticipated it would alert you somehow to direct you to this thread.  Did you receive any such notice or alert?  Still so much to learn about some of the features.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi there, Marp...No,  I didn't notice any alert, but it may have been somewhere!,,,lol...I noticed that everyone has a red heart on their posts, but mine isn't active, as it is grey, so it must have something to do with my settings.

This is all so challenging!...I'm being "politically correct" here when I say this!,,,lol

Valued Contributor

Wildflowers,

The hearts are similar to the like on FB.  If you like the post you give a heart.  It is greyed out on your posts because they don't allow you to like (heart) your own posts LOL.

I was hoping you would say you had a notification resulting from my using the @ sign.  Guess I either didn't do something correctly or I misunderstood how it works.

If you don't mind I am going to try it again.  Please let me know if you get a notification/alert.

@MyShadowLove

Esteemed Contributor

No, Marp, I didn't see any kind of an alert anywhere..I'm not sure how it is supposed to show up and I don't think "they" do either!...lol

I did check the "Notifications" that is located under each of our nics, but it indicated 0...Do you see that?...I thought that might be where it would be, so that is just something else to try and figure out!...Such Fun!...lol

Valued Contributor

Thanks Wildflowers.  Notifications is where I would have expected an alert to show up.  All I can guess at this point is maybe it has something to do with individual security settings or the feature isn't working properly. 

According to the FAQ thread:

What does it mean to @ mention someone?

This is a feature that alerts another member about a conversation that may be of interest to them. To send a Notification, simply type the @ sign followed by a member’s nickname within your comment. For example, @JaneDoe. 

Maybe one day I'll figure it out or do a post about it.  For now I'm calling it a night.  Sleep well and thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, Marp,

Just jumping in here early, after a good night's sleep, while my patience is refreshed and intact!

Thanks for posting info regarding "Notifications" symbol...I am going to give it a try from my end here and see if you receive my alert...That way, at least, we will know if it has to do with your settings or if it is just a feature that isn't working properly yet!...Ha!

Beautiful day here!...I am off work today and am heading out early to take care of birdfeeder and birdbath and then headed to supermarket...I will check back in when I get home in a few hours to see if I woke you up with my "alert"!...LOL

@Marp2

Valued Contributor

Good morning Wildflowers.  Nope, no alert, notification or any other indication that I can find in regard to the @.  Maybe someday I'll figure it out.