Respected Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Hi Marp, feline groovy & Topaz Gem,

Thanks so much, Marp, for continuing this wonderful, heartwarming thread!

It's great to see posters finding their way back here amongst the chaos!...lol...I was hoping that, when I logged on tonight, a miracle had occurred today and, perhaps, the forums would have become more user friendly and welcoming!...Silly Me!...lol

Great to see you again, feline groovy & Topaz Gem!...I hope betteb, Witchy Woman, Noel and others who joined in on the original thread will find their way here also...There were also some posters who acknowledged on your original thread, Marp, how much they have been enjoying watching the journeys of Eve & Sloane...They just don't post regularly,  so you never know how many people are touched by any certain thread!

Eve and her litter and step-litter continue to amuse and delight me...never know what we will see when checking up on them...I love Shelly's interior design touches...the adorable mini couches, chair, bedding, etc. and all of the wonderful toys that are never-ending!

I am also so very, very happy to see how well our Sloaney  is doing  back at her forest colony and I love how Shelly has still kept the videos up on her site of  Sloaney while in her care.

I went to "people for happier cats" and saw another very touching story about another cat, named Rhodes, who has something very serious going on with one of her eyes...LAPS has been trying to trap her for a while and she has become more trustful, so they were hoping to be able to trap her today, in order to give her the loving care that is so needed...There is a picture posted of her panting and her eye is in terrible condition, so the poor thing is definitely in dire need of help, so I will be checking back in later tonight and hoping to see an update that they were able to trap her today.

I will be home tomorrow, so I will take some time to try and adjust more to this "exciting new look"...lol...in the forums and make some personal adjustments in my settings....everything is just so awkward looking!

Okay, wishing everyone a great evening!

I saw the blurb about Rhodes as well.  I feel so sorry for that kitty.  Usually they have to remove the eye which doesn't look too good, but the kitty manages to adjust very well.  I hope they can catch Rhodes within the next few days.

That's why ferals break my heart.  Those poor kitties should be pampered pets in someone's home and shouldn't have to live as they do.  Thankfully these guys have care and someone watching them, but it's still not the type of care that they'd get as household pets.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Y'all have to take a few minutes and read this thread starting at post 10 to about 21.  The posts deal with the float feature and it sounds like it will be helpful for threads like this.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/Gamers-Would-you-be-willing-to-post-on-another-Forum/m-p/...

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, what a difference a morning makes!...I see that everything is organized so much better now and not all over the place...much more crisp and clean...There's still Hope!

Still a mess with Gamers blended in with Community Chat, so, hopefully, they will set up separate categories, as I'm sure the Gamers would love to see that also.

Topaz Gem...That picture of Rhodes is so haunting...I was so hoping that they would have been able to trap her by now...I just checked for an update, but nothing has been posted since the 15th.. I feel the same as you about these precious feral cats not ever knowing the security, warmth and love of a forever home, as well as good healthcare...Such a stark contrast between Eve's life and Sloaney's life!...What is so very consoling is knowing that LAPS is doing all they can to help them out...I loved the story of the two feral cats that were adopted by a couple who had the property and a barn to care for them...I'm as happy as I can be for Sloaney; however, I so wanted to see the same happy ending for her...I know she is as content as she could possibly be in the only world that she has ever known, but I still wanted it my way!...They tug at our hearts!

Marp...I feel like I'm gradually getting myself set up here...I was able to post an Avatar which is quite an accomplishment for me!...lol...Now, if only they would make it possible for us to go back to previous threads and posts without having to scroll through everything else...I know the secret is hidden somewhere!

I'm going to try that float feature now and see how that works out...Thanks for providing the link.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I just came back to let you know that the "float feature" works great...actually too good, as the thread will just stay on top of the page, regardless of other newer posts on other threads.

So, I quickly thought to myself that I had better go in and "unfloat" the thread, before any chaos erupted!...LOL

Great feature for everyone to know!

ETA:...I just noted that, when I "unfloated" the thread, it ended up all the way over onto the second page, rather than staying in order as to timing of post so keep that in mind.

Valued Contributor

Wildflowers, I've been using it for several hours now and it hasn't created any problems.  It is almost like a header at the top of the page as the thread is also listed in its current order.  Only you see the threads you have floated, it does not affect what anyone else sees.

I'm going to continue to use it until they get the boards straightened out and move games (at least) into its own forum or subforum.  I don't want to have to hunt for this thread as long as it is active.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh Okay, Marp...Thanks for pointing that out!...So whatever thread we "float", we are the only ones that will see it at the top...for our convenience to keep track of where we posted and our replies!...Great!

I'm "floating" again!...lol

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I just got a message that I was "hearted"...my second one!...This is actually getting to be fun!...lol Heart

Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Are you aware that you can see who gave you hearts?  If you go to your profile along the left side (you'll likely have to scroll down a bit) there will be data there about who you gave hearts to and who gave you hearts.

Esteemed Contributor

Marp...Aha!...I feel like a little girl with a new toy, discovering all of the features/options...so totally different from what I was feeling on Monday!...lol

Valued Contributor

Wildflowers,

Don't be afraid to experiment.  No matter what you do can be undone if you don't like the results. There are a lot of very nice features on the new board and some that frankly nothing more than a PITA.  Then again, life is like that.

I wanted to make a comment in regard to Rhodes.  There was another cat (Rollins I think) with a severely damaged eye that was captured, neutered, had his eye removed and returned to the colony.  He is now one happy, painfree kitty.  I'm sure the results for Rhodes will be the same if he can be captured.  Dr. F. is the best.