Trusted Contributor

I so agree with the people who have mentioned the importance of wearing masks.

Grocery shopping today, I noticed EVERYONE was wearing a mask:  all the workers, all the shoppers.

So appreciative.

Our son and his family live in San Francisco.  They, too, have said EVERYONE is wearing masks and definitely keeping distance. 

I am so grateful to the people who are doing their best to

keep themselves and others safe.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

Each of us should continue to be respectful and careful, covering our faces, even if and when we have a common cold, cough, etc. 

The good old fashioned way of always carrying clean tissues in our pockets, just in case of a surprise sneeze.

Wishing us all the best of health and safety.  

Maybe our lucky stars will watch over us, reminding us to always be careful and courteous. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Reading this, up to a point. 

Indoor Sports: Then they(he, whoever) talks about the Canadian Sport Curling?  Much different than the Canadian Sport Ice Hockey.  Curling compared to ice hockey? Like comparing a chess game to a tennis game. They have what in common? Nothing!

Knowing all this stuff accomplishes what? People that were germaphobes before the wuhan virus are now looking for what, a personal bubble?

Then there are people like me. I understand risks, life has and always will be full of them. While I realize this virus is very bad, why would I willingly change my whole life around this 1 risk? I wouldn't!

Reading things like this are going to promote more fear/anxiety, whatever word one prefers, to those already scared almost to death. For people like me it only reinforces my belief that each adult person that has the ability to read and react, does not need anyone to take them by the hand and guide them their world in what is safe.

Places open that interest me? Yep! Risks involved? Maybe! Believe and follow everything I read and hear, including "experts"? Not happening.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut The sad part about denial is that we can do our own thing and bring back the virus to our family. It isn't just about ourselves because I might be asymptomatic  and transmit it to my loved ones. 

If we don't listen to the experts, then respectfully, who should we listen to?

@Trinity11 

But the problem is these "experts" have been wrong about so many things....it seems that there are so many unknowns about this virus that isnt tracking with scientific norms...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@JJsMom ...I was Ok with the shelter in place to bend the curve for the hospitals and I would guess that many others were OK with it knowing that it would not be long term.  Every life is valuable and every life lost is a tragedy.  Once we learned that this virus was worse than the flu it was scary, and more understood and accepted the shelter in place.  I don't think anyone thought that we were going to be expected to stay home for months on end.

What I argue about is keeping people not working for months.  For those of us who have had no assistance from the government since we had to close our business what are we to do?  We have rent, utilities, etc., etc. to pay at our business and also several thousand dollars in quartery taxes that we must pay in June!

Our business will not recover until the customers we have are back up and running, that could be several more months.  The money we have lived on from our business was the work we billed in March, most of that money came in during the month of April..now it's May...we have almost no work, what are we to live on in May, June etc, etc.?  We need to work.  

I certainly have no irrational theory about vaccines...I do tend to wonder about some governors....I really do not want to argue with anyone on these boards....as always there are always two sides to the story.

@Mom2Dogs, although we don't see eye-to-eye on this subject, I think that you've been careful to avoid being rude.

I don't have the answers. None of us do, because it would involve our having and understanding all the data well enough to make a reasonable prediction.

I hope that you and everyone in a similar position or worse makes it through this crisis. Although I can't predict its trajectory, I am darn sure that there will continue to heartbreak and misery until we enter a future without constant worry about this virus.

@Mom2Dogs ,

I don't normally quote twice but like

@suzyQ3 ,

Your post was so encouraging to me. I too know that we have been on different sides but I am seeing more of us who are starting to understand that we all want to remain healthy and get through this awful thing, both with having a job to go back to if we had one so to be able to eat and pay rent and bills and medical while also remaining safe and hopefully never getting this virus

as we try to maneuver back to a life.

I do think when leaving politics or attacks out of posts, it goes so far to 

helping all of us appreciate and respect each other as we all hope for the best. And the best of human nature is to care about each other.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

According to this article people should just isolate themselves and never expose themselves to another human being. Distancing doesn't matter because of how particles travel....The virus lives on surfaces so beware of that.......And in conclusion---have a "nice" life!!!!  (SARCASM).....Im all for being sensible and taking precautions but according to this article there's basically nothing you can do----Even if there is a vaccine thats not always 100% as we've seen with other viruses and flu....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Reading this, up to a point. 

Indoor Sports: Then they(he, whoever) talks about the Canadian Sport Curling?  Much different than the Canadian Sport Ice Hockey.  Curling compared to ice hockey? Like comparing a chess game to a tennis game. They have what in common? Nothing!

Knowing all this stuff accomplishes what? People that were germaphobes before the wuhan virus are now looking for what, a personal bubble?

Then there are people like me. I understand risks, life has and always will be full of them. While I realize this virus is very bad, why would I willingly change my whole life around this 1 risk? I wouldn't!

Reading things like this are going to promote more fear/anxiety, whatever word one prefers, to those already scared almost to death. For people like me it only reinforces my belief that each adult person that has the ability to read and react, does not need anyone to take them by the hand and guide them their world in what is safe.

Places open that interest me? Yep! Risks involved? Maybe! Believe and follow everything I read and hear, including "experts"? Not happening.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut The sad part about denial is that we can do our own thing and bring back the virus to our family. It isn't just about ourselves because I might be asymptomatic  and transmit it to my loved ones. 

If we don't listen to the experts, then respectfully, who should we listen to?

@Trinity11 

But the problem is these "experts" have been wrong about so many things....it seems that there are so many unknowns about this virus that isnt tracking with scientific norms...

@Spurt, Clearly I cannot reply to you without being zapped so I will just say that debating here about this virus is impossible and leave it at that.

Respected Contributor

@jackiew wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Gov Cuomo admits he made a mistake mandating Covid patients be sent to nursing homes.  

I dont believe most nursing homes have negative pressure rooms, which you need to isolate properly.  The blame is squarely on those who issued the mandate.

I find it reassuring when someone admits they made a mistake. To me it means they learned something.

Oh my! smh.. What a crew. 

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@jackiew wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Gov Cuomo admits he made a mistake mandating Covid patients be sent to nursing homes.  

I dont believe most nursing homes have negative pressure rooms, which you need to isolate properly.  The blame is squarely on those who issued the mandate.

I find it reassuring when someone admits they made a mistake. To me it means they learned something.

Oh my! smh.. What a crew. 

@Snoopp 

All Skilled Nursing Facilities have negative pressure, for infection control.  I used to work for the state inspecting them, had a tiny smoke bomb thingy, puffed a bit and made sure it moved the correct way.  Surely there is a better way to test now.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras