Respected Contributor

Re: Escaped Murderer has moved beyond police perimeter!

[ Edited ]

It's a city of 8 million and the average male height is definitely not 6'.

There are plenty of dudes 5'5" and under walking the streets and riding the trains.  Nothing unusual at all.

Heightism in play.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He's not 5'5".  According to what I've read, he's just 5 ft ZERO.  That's a little more noticeable than 5'5".

Respected Contributor

I took away from the press conference that his sister Eleni probably helped him, would not cooperate with the police, and in return got herself arrested by ICE and is facing deportation. She was "overdue" (visa?) anyway. We don't know if she was here legally or not. Police wanted to be sure she couldn't help again.

Reward increased to $25,000 which is not much of an increase.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Okay, thanks.  When I read the "we win" I was curious, having no idea what you were referring to.   We win is usually a sports connotation.

Respected Contributor

Escaped killer, Danelo Cavalcante, is described as 5 feet tall and weighing 120 pounds.

Respected Contributor

I read about the home he broke into where the owners were upstairs and he flicked the lights on and off to let them know he was there.  I wonder if that's where he found the clothes he is now wearing.  That would feel so strange to know that your clothes were outfitting a murderer.  I really hope they find this person soon.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I understand that he is illegally here and committed murder in Brazil.   Wish I could say more.

Oh, you said exactly what you wanted to say.  The smear is loud and clear.

No smear against Brazilians but for the people who caused and allowed the masses of people to come into the US completely unvetted and illegally.

You can see it in NYC with rampant prostitution, pick pocketing, robbery, and illegal driving.    No regard for laws or other people's rights, safety, or property.    Every shelter is completely trashed.    Unvetted!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Off Topic Sighting Story:

Do you remember back in 2014 when LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling made some racist comments, was fined multi-millions of dollars and was banned from the NBA for life? His face was on TV continuously.

About a week later I was eating a sandwich in an Arby's parking lot (windows open) in the Poconos and a huge Peugeot sedan parked next to me. The windows rolled down and there was Sterling, preparing to eat his sandwich. He gave me a look which said, "If you dare say anything to me you'll regret it."

Actually, I was only going to ask him about his car, but I let it go.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Seems like there is no new news where they think he is for over 24 hours!  It seems like they have really no idea....is he out of the area?  Did he try to go south or up to NYC where he can blend in with the huge immigrant population there.

I'm amazed that he's just been able to slip right past all of them.

@haddon9 I bet he will try to get to NY..Much easier to blend in there, or at least the next big city.

WOW! What sweeping generalizations. I suggest you go to a suburban Costco in a 50 mile radius of the area. Try and find a person speaking English.

Last Saturday, I was in a suburban Costco and I was in the back of the store at the meat counter before I heard someone speaking English.It was like the United Nations in the store.

@drizzellla It's a fact that when you go to a huge city like NYC with a very large and diverse population it's just easier to blend in than in a more sparse and open space which is what makes up a lot of suburban Chester County, PA.

There are people of all nationalites, who speak all languages and all look different from one another.  Just the numbers would help him to fade into the background.

Even Costco on a crowded day one could still stand out more than a crowded area of NYC.

Trusted Contributor

But NYC is awash in cameras and facial recognition.   A perp is found quite quickly when the mayor wants to find them.