Esteemed Contributor

Re: Escaped Murderer has moved beyond police perimeter!

The Philadelphia Inquirer

Danelo Cavalcante’s sister arrested by ICE.

Eleni Cavalcante, the sister of escaped convict Danelo Cavalcante, was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and faces deportation, Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens confirmed Sunday.

Bivens said there were “some immigration issues,” but didn’t say if she was arrested for helping Cavalcante.

Although state police would not confirm that Eleni Cavalcante had helped her brother after his escape from Chester County Prison, she has connections to people who helped the fugitive escape the area previously, when he was on the run after killing his ex-girlfriend, Deborah Brandao, in 2021.

Francisco Lima, Eleni Cavalcante’s boyfriend, testified during the August trial into Brandao’s murder that he met up with Danelo Cavalcante after Deborah Brandao’s murder.

Lima then said he and another man, Michael Scahill, helped Cavalcante by cleaning and bandaging his hands, wounded in the brutal stabbing; giving Cavalcante a change of clothes; and putting gas in his car.

Lima also testified that before Cavalcante left, he gave him a bag of money to deliver to his sister.

Lima and Scahill were granted immunity from prosecution for helping Cavalcante in exchange for their testimony.

Police Lt. Col. George Bivens declined to comment Sunday on whether Cavalcante’s associates in the area helped him in his latest escape attempt.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover 

So scary!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

The Inquirer is reporting Cavalcante went to the homes of two former coworkers. Why didn't the police have officers keeping an eye on those houses? I believe the coworkers were the same guys who helped Cavalcante after he murdered Deborah but then testified against him.

Their houses should have been under surveillance.

Honored Contributor

He is a gang member?  Of course he has help.  Isn't that what a gang is for?

The law enforcement  agencies dealing with this sure are getting burned every step of the way.  Some changes I hope are on the way in that direction or I'd hate to live around there. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This guy has just gotten lucky. He's no criminal mastermind. 

He had broken into a house and took food. This house is not the home of former coworkers that another poster mentioned.

A police spokesperson said that the area near Longwood Gardens is full of woods and brush so thick it afforded him with plenty of places to hide. The woods are so thick in places that only a couple of cops at a time can get into each area. 

I went to the website of the dairy he stole the truck from. He stole the truck at night while they were still working. It's not a high tech business. It didn't look secure at all. It's an old fashioned family dairy farm. They hold parties for kids there. He just got lucky that the keys were in the ignition, making it easy for him to steal it. 

Now he'll either have to get another vehicle or stay on foot awhile. He will probably have to steal some more food from somewhere. He could dumpster dive. 

Honored Contributor

Don't the police have choppers with infrared cameras?  Woods?  Don't they have dogs?  Unbelievable.  Sounds like they didn't act fast enough and have the numbers out early on.  But I don't know the facts.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Don't the police have choppers with infrared cameras?  Woods?  Don't they have dogs?  Unbelievable.  Sounds like they didn't act fast enough and have the numbers out early on.  But I don't know the facts.  

@Sooner 

They said the woods were too thick for the cameras to see him.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

He's still around?  My goodness.  Better catch him or this time next week he'll be cooling his heels in Brazil. 

@songbird,

There is a warrant in Brazil for his arrest for the murder of a man in the small community where he is from. He did not like the price he was charged for a car repair and shot the man. He went to Puerto Rico and obtained fake ID's then made his way here. He murdered his girlfriend here when she found out about the murder there. She threatened to tell the police here.

Honored Contributor

@kze wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

They said the woods were too thick for the cameras to see him.

@kze SET THE DOGS ON HIM!!!!!

Honored Contributor

We have a good friend whose son and DIL live in Phoenixville, PA. He cut through their backyard. They were inside, but sitting at a table by the window. It has really shaken them.