Esteemed Contributor

Erin Andrews wants 75 million from the Marriot!!!!!

While I am sympathtetic to being filmed naked, 75 from the Marriot is waaaay too much. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Erin Andrews wants 75 million from the Marriot!!!!!

I hope she gets it.  I wish that man was still in jail--getting peeked at.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

While I am sympathtetic to being filmed naked, 75 from the Marriot is waaaay too much. 

I agree.  Being filmed is one thing.  I think the more troubling thing for her is the posting/viewing on youtube.  The Marriot had nothing to do with that, as far as I know.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

She deserves the money. The guy called and asked for a room adjacent to Erin's and they gave it to him. Then in the trial they argue that being filmed naked helped her career.  She deserves every penny she can get.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Why should the Marriott pay? He asked to have a room next to her (his words) and they honored that request. We get rooms next to each other all the time. The creep is the only one responsible. I definitely feel bad for her and I know she suffered but the hotel did nothing wrong. I am glad they didn't settle and went to court.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

She deserves the money. The guy called and asked for a room adjacent to Erin's and they gave it to him. Then in the trial they argue that being filmed naked helped her career.  She deserves every penny she can get.

--------- I don't like that her career took off. That is insensitive. Maybe her career would have triple if there was no scandal.

Trusted Contributor

Marriott did NOTHING wrong. $0.00 to Miss Andrews.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FYI:

She's suing the hotel for negligence:

"Barrett’s request to have a room next to Andrews was denied, but he found another way to ensure that his second request was granted. He went to the hotel restaurant and used a phone that displayed room numbers when reached. He dialed the operator and was connected to her room, therefore displaying which room number was hers. He then made his way to the 10th-floor and saw that the room next to Andrews was being cleaned as if someone recently checked out. Barrett went back to the front desk and asked to have the specific room number, saying that it was being cleaned, and this time, his request was accepted as the front desk clerk verified it was ready.

Barrett reported in a video that was used in trial that the two rooms were in an alcove, therefore not being visible to guests in the hallway. When Andrews left her room, he removed and altered the peephole so it was removable. Later in the day, he heard the water running from Andrews’ shower and when he heard the shower turn off, he pressed his phone’s camera to the peephole and recorded her change into her clothes and developed a four-and-a-half minute video."

http://thepublicslate.com/2016/03/erin-andrews-sues-marriott-in-75-million-stalker-trial/

Respected Contributor

There is simply no price tag on this horrific violation of personal privacy.  The extent of what she is going through is nothing any of us could even comprehend.  Until you are filmed & broadcasted naked to every venue out there, 75 million is "chump change" to me.  The sad thing is, even if she is awarded the money, you can't buy back mental health & trust ever again.  I pray for her closure so that she can hopefully move on & salvage the rest of her precious life.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

What price is your privacy, your dignity, and further ongoing  humiliation? That video is STILL out there for people to view. The hotel was remiss in the way room numbers are given out. Nobody should be able to dial a number, get a specific person's room number, and then ask specifically for the room next door. If this forces hotels to be responsible, then it's worth it. She isn't doing it for the money. She has plenty. She wants a lesson to be dealt here, right in the pocketbook.