Esteemed Contributor

Re: Erin Andrews wants 75 million from the Marriot!!!!!

I am on my phone and can't seem to reply to a specific comment. But no, we did not turn the lights on because we saw the people sleeping rather quickly. We were shocked and quickly and quietly got out of there.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I have a different take from some posters...I do not in any way expect great security no matter where I am.  I don't expect security cams in every corner.  I don't expect the guy or gal at the front desk or even the security team to cover every base or think of every possible scenario that might be harmful to me.  We're on our own for the most part and we should be hyper vigilant to our surroundings because chances are no one else is...act accordingly.

EA had every right to be naked in her hotel room, but for me, I get out of a hotel shower and put underwear on and usually at least my top while in the bathroom and the curtains are drawn until I'm completely dressed.  I check the room thoroughly.  Doors and windows are always locked.  I scan the hallway before I step out of my room.  I've been known to step out of elevators if someone gets in and I don't "feel" right about them for whatever reason.   I just now put a small roll of duct tape in my luggage to cover the peep hole if I feel it necessary.  What a shame some of us...me, obviously...feel we have to live like this.

My post has little, if anything, to do with the specifics of EAs' case...just about security in general.

@MacDUFF

There are numerous reports online of cameras being hidden in hotel bathrooms.

Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Let's put it this way, if that happened to my mother, sister, I sure would want 75 million amoung other things from that creep.

Honored Contributor

@DotPS wrote:

Let's put it this way, if that happened to my mother, sister, I sure would want 75 million amoung other things from that creep.

Omgosh, if something like that ever happened to our daughter, I can't bear to even think of what my husband would've done to the man.  He wouldn't be able to restrain himself.

Esteemed Contributor

@DotPS wrote:

-----------

She isn't going after the creep monetary wise as he has nothing. She is going after the hotel. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The thing is, once something is on the internet, it's out there forever. There is no such thing as getting it back.

Who knows how many times the video has been downloaded for someone's "private collection", or shared.

There are a lot of sickos out there, and she'll have to deal with them for years to come, and maybe for the rest of her life.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Not only that but her children and their friends will be able to see it.

Can you imagine that !???

Well it's disgusting if her friends would view her video.  I have 0 interest in viewing it.  ick

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The thing is, once something is on the internet, it's out there forever. There is no such thing as getting it back.

Who knows how many times the video has been downloaded for someone's "private collection", or shared.

There are a lot of sickos out there, and she'll have to deal with them for years to come, and maybe for the rest of her life.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Not only that but her children and their friends will be able to see it.

Can you imagine that !???

Well it's disgusting if her friends would view her video.  I have 0 interest in viewing it.  ick

I'm not sure, but I think she ment what if the friends of her children saw it.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

My husband thinks I'm overdoing it but I push a chair up against the door once we're settled for the night.  I figure I'll hear that, if I miss the click of the door lock.

My mother did the same thing. 

If there was an adjoining room, she would put a chair under that door too.

Honored Contributor

How come this case has taken so long to come to trial?