Honored Contributor

Equifax Data Breach Settlement

A while back I must have filed a claim and was in on the settlement. I got an email yesterday that the claim has been settled, they are offering a membership for fours years of Experian IdentityWorks. Did anyone else receive this emai, I haven't signed up for it yet?

Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Data Breach Settlement

I did not receive this email.  It sounds like it could be a scam.  Watch out if they start asking for personal information.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2   I did not, but unless the email suggests anything else is possible, the ID offer is likely to be your only choice.  

ETA:  I did not think scam when I replied because I know Experian had a huge data breach and I assumed that email contained enough personal information  (especially your name - real, not email) to make it quite possibly real.   If you have doubts, check for possible scam before replying.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have received this email twice.  Apparently have until some time in June to sign up.  I Googled and found this...

Screenshot_20220206-094128_Chrome.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Contributor

We got this email notification yesterday. 

Honored Contributor

I read an article that the email is on the up and up. Scammers know about the email having gone out, just make sure you are responding to the real email and not a possible scam. On another note I got an email from Discover card stating my SSN was found on the dark web. This doesn't mean my identity was stolen but I was told I should put a fraud alert on my credit report. I called Discover to verify if they sent me the email, they did. What are you suppose to do, not buy anything online, not pay bills online or do any banking? There is no way getting around keeping your info safe.