Honored Contributor

Re: Entitled Child Demands Employee Hand Over Her Purse!

@stevieb wrote:

The style, if you can call it that, in which the story is written make the specifics seem improbable, but I have no doubt that service workers encounter similar behaviors on a regular basis. 

For those who find the word (as opposed to the behavior...) 'entitled' offensive, as it is applied to a person (rather than to a class of people, which might well not be appropriate), feel free, going forward, to mentally substitue the terms 'indulged', 'demanding', or 'spoiled'...

@stevieb, declaring that one group or another is "entitled" these days seems to be a constant here. For me, synonyms wouldn't change my opinion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

What in the heck is Oola dot com? I'm not even looking at that. Please be careful about your sources for things.

@Porcelain ,

It is a clickbait site. All of the stories are written in this dramatic fashion.  I sincerely doubt this story is true.

It is geared to those who want back up for their belief that young people are terrible.

Trusted Contributor

What a little brat and it is all the Mother's fault for raising a kid like that.  That is what you get when parents try to be their brats friend.  Obviously has never been told no or had any discipline.  The sad part is we have to put up with these horrible kids.

Valued Contributor

I think everyone on the store's end dealt with the situation perfectly. The good news is that not everyone out there is as professional, so this lady is eventually going to get the punch in the throat she deserves.

Esteemed Contributor

That's ridiculous. I would have said no....and that's the end of the story.

Esteemed Contributor

This story is 100% pure FICTION. 

I can't believe that people actually think that this story is true.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

This story is 100% pure FICTION. 

I can't believe that people actually think that this story is true.

Actually @Anonymous032819 , the fact that anyone is commenting like the story is true is more disturbing to me than the story itself...

Esteemed Contributor

True or not, I would hope there are no children anywhere who are as spoiled as the child portrayed in the story.   I also hope the same holds true for the portrayal of the mother, that in itself would be frightful, to say the least.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

It is said that all stories of fiction spring from truth, no matter how small it may be.

Are you telling me that no one here has ever witnessed a truly obnoxious child whose parents looked the other way/encouraged the behavior/saw nothing wrong with it? If so, consider yourself very fortunate. I can't make that claim, sadly.

Honored Contributor

People who don't have children, or even know any children, write stories like this. 

the term stories is too kind. " Lies"better describes this