Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's time to change the channel on this thread...LOL

@chrystaltree 

🙄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I assume we are discussing CIJ or maybe some other programs also.   I don't think QVC is going to change their CIJ schedule of programs.  There is much money made because there are many who enjoy every minute of it. 

If I am not interested in what is being presented I just don't watch it.   Happy "Fall" Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Okay -- my two cents for what it is worth and then I'm moving on too --

I think it is the subject wording that grates on me the most, e.g.,

• Enough !
  • JUST STOP IT RIGHT NOW!
  • xmas - please stop the madness!  This is my personal objection.  Christmas is spelled Christmas.  The x does not stand for Christ. 
  • Enough With The Christmas Shows!

I could go on and on, but I will stop here.  It sounds like we are children and need to be scolded. 

When I get talked to like that, I get my back up and want to say something back; however, I try not to.  Admittedly, I do not always succeed. 

I would love to see a topic called Complaints and then all complaints entered into it.  It would also help the QVC management to easily find what people don't like as the complaints would be all lumped together instead of people having to read through (if they do) all the posts.

Thank you for listening.  I am off to enjoy our beautiful sunny day.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

I just happened to see this when I sat down to catch up after a wild week (so far!) of medical issues and emergencies. So I am late with this. I guess I don’t understand complaining about watching when we can so easily rid ourselves of the problem by watching something else. It wd be like going to the doctor about a headache because you yourself are constantly hitting it with a hammer. “Just stop hitting it”:is the logical reply. It doesn’t seem snarky to me, so I must be missing something, but the complaints about watching qvc makes no sense because we control what we watch. I don’t watch personally. Problem solved.

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

I just happened to see this when I sat down to catch up after a wild week (so far!) of medical issues and emergencies. So I am late with this. I guess I don’t understand complaining about watching when we can so easily rid ourselves of the problem by watching something else. It wd be like going to the doctor about a headache because you yourself are constantly hitting it with a hammer. “Just stop hitting it”:is the logical reply. It doesn’t seem snarky to me, so I must be missing something, but the complaints about watching qvc makes no sense because we control what we watch. I don’t watch personally. Problem solved.

@libbyannE , By the same token we control what we read here. No snark, honestly,  but if  “ change the channel” , was a new remark, it would be one thing, but it becomes tedious . Obviously we all will never agree with what is snarky, and what is a “ public service,” LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

"xmas - please stop the madness! This is my personal objection. Christmas is spelled Christmas. The x does not stand for Christ." @hellodali 

Not to be argumentative, and especially since you did include it's your personal objection, but historically speaking the reality is that the X literally does stand for Christ. There’s a long and sacred history of the use of X to symbolize the name of Christ.

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2   Yes, all my religious training definitely taught me that; however, I personally object to not seeing the entire word in Christmas.  Also, I would think if it is meant to be in lieu of, it definitely should be capitalized.

I don't want to derail this topic so I will once again say that perhaps a new forum topic for complaints might just be good for everyone involved.

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@SusieQ_2   Yes, all my religious training definitely taught me that; however, I personally object to not seeing the entire word in Christmas.  Also, I would think if it is meant to be in lieu of, it definitely should be capitalized.

I don't want to derail this topic so I will once again say that perhaps a new forum topic for complaints might just be good for everyone involved.

i am definitely guilty of this mainly because i type all in lowercase MOST of the time. so i do say christmas and xmas......and holiday, of course. cannot say i have ever seen anyone complain that i did not capitalize these words here.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

The same situation applies to the "Change The Channel Gang"...isn't life too short to complain about people that complain??????????????????...ignore them and move on....

The same could be said about our reaction to the comments to change the channel...  "ignore them and move on."   

The way we post reflects who we are rather than informing people about those we target.   Meeting snark with snark, putting labels on people, etc., isn't exactly rising above the fray.   

If someone wants to provide real, genuine, useful feedback, they do so in a way that allows everyone to walk away from the discussion with their dignity intact.   

If we want someone to actually hear what we have to offer in the way of suggestions, ideas, critiques, we don't do so by ridiculing and insulting them and closing their ears, closing their heart.   Useful feedback with good intent doesn't push people away...  it holds their attention, edifies and educates them, and most people are even grateful for it.

What's sometimes characterized as "constructive criticism" on so many of the threads really isn't anything more than unkind mockery, searing sarcasm ("sarcasm" etymology is "to tear or cut flesh" and it's not clever), and a kind of visceral negativity that seems to give people some kind of jolt of adrenalin.   

There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions, but the way we express the opinion is what causes the most problems, in my experience.

My comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, just general observations and what I've learned from making a lot of my own mistakes.   Interesting thread, but not the first time we've talked about this.    Won't be the last, either, right?😊

@dooBdoo 

You make some very good and very valid points and observations.....but even if we post some constructive suggestions and move on, the "change the channel gang" persists in their remarks and the whole thread ends up getting deleted because of their comments.....No matter how diplomatic, or even if you present facts and data to back up your point, it doesn't matter. (BTW as customers we post to make our opinion known to QVC)  One cannot even put a simple suggestion in the Suggestion Box without getting ridiculed, scolded, and snarked at.....Some of us have gotten to the point where we've just had enough of it!!!  Why don't they simply JUST SKIP THE DARN THREAD! 

Hi, @Spurt!❤️   I understand the "had enough of it" feeling...  yet I believe the people who suggest changing the channel are also responding out of their own "had enough of it" feeling.

As one example, I think telling others to skip a thread, pass it by, etc., is as prevalent, repetitive, and ineffective as saying "change the channel." 

Also, as @Lipstickdiva (and others) said here and on other threads, those of us who have been here awhile could list the complaints that are repetitive, predictable, and that have been posted for years and years often by the same people.

So, I believe many have "had enough of" being told to bypass threads and also of seeing the same complaints again and again.

I understand that some people get a kick out of posting a "jab," and that's unfortunate -- even so, it's their karma and not mine unless I decide to engage with my own snark toward them.   And I would posit that if we resisted our own temptation to engage in kind, the threads wouldn't go south and be deleted.   

However, I also know some people simply are exasperated with the recital of the same complaints and the many so-called "constructive criticisms" that are insults and mockery cloaked as "helpful" suggestions.   

I've been guilty of these repetitive posts, and of taking the bait and perpetuating the negativity... and eventually I realized what I was doing and I try now to avoid being a part of the problem ("try" is a key word...  we all get exasperated at times and post out of frustration).   Sorry for the quotes-within-quotes, but I wanted to keep the train of thought in context.   Mea culpa.🙃🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thank you for that lovely compliment, @CoG!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova