Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Agree "change the channel" is annoying. Why didn't that poster just scroll past rather than post a snarky comment?

That individual has a right to his/her opinion in voicing a complaint or suggestion, which hopefully will be passed along to QVC for future changes (for the better). 

By the same token, we all must remember to offer positive comments both on this Board and in emails to QVC. I often write an email to QVC with a complimentary comment regarding a recent change or an exceptional show (whether it be the product, guest or host). It's worth the time and trouble since I'm not a regular viewer and usually only watch the videos of interest to me. Thus, I do not know what is going on with QVC's daily programming. They are making strides to improve their image and need to know what their viewers like!

ETA: If something is really offensive or out-of-line, I will email QVC with my concern or suggestion. QVC is usually prompt with a reply and willing to pass it on to the appropriate department/people involved. I no longer receive the "canned reply." 

@BirkiLady 

That's a great suggestion...and that's what I do too....I have complimented hosts and shows on both the Forums and on QVC's Feedback Form which is sent to the appropriate Department.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I’m so Whatever about this place. Post what you like. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Actually, it appears there are some posters who don't know they can change the channel. They complain about ALLLLL the times they've been subjected to presentations of the TSV or other items over and over again.  

Some posters live to complain.  QVC cannot do anything right.  By just looking at many of the thread titles that are complaints, I already know who started them because it's the same couple again and again.

I've never responded with "change the channel" but I cannot figure out why they continue to watch and get so annoyed.  Move on.  Life is too short. 

@Lipstickdiva 

The same situation applies to the "Change The Channel Gang"...isn't life too short to complain about people that complain??????????????????...ignore them and move on....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

I fail to understand why some keep watching and feel the need to keep posting the same old complaints over and over and over about such trivial things!  The obvious is why keep watching.  I just don't get the point of such posts and that bothers me about that and I think Enough!!  Those that keep saying change the channel  are just fed up with those same old posts!!  If the stupid trivial posts were not posted then there would be no "snarky" replies to change the channel!  No right or wrong here - just posts that have no point to them!

I figure everyone has the right to complain if they want with some of the programming or things they wish could

be improved within QVC. ..............many times there are

legitimate grips, and some are looking to see if others agree...................WHAT I DON'T WANT TO SEE...is someone who is "tired of the same complaints"....staying on the post pages and then TAKING THE TIME to write back to the poster to "change the channel".........tell me that isn't something  we have all heard over and over again.....and yet the poster who HAS to knock the original writer by repeating to "turn the channel"...is doing EXACTLY what they say the poster is doing....COMPLAINING...................live and let live....let people vent......for gosh sakes

@kelsey17 , Exactly. 🌺

@QVCkitty1 

What is amusing to me....you don't see these folks reply very much to other topics on the forum....BUT the minute someone makes a comment or a suggestion or gives feedback on a show.....BOOM....they are right there with their snarky remarks and "change the channel comment".....and then they slink away .........hidding in the shadows...waiting to pounce again......!!!!!  😲 Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Actually, it appears there are some posters who don't know they can change the channel. They complain aboutALLLLLL the times they've been subjected to presentations of the TSV or other items over and over again.  

Some posters live to complain. QVCC cannot do anything right.  By just looking at many of the thread titles that are complaints, I already know who started them because it's the same couple again and again.

I've never responded with "change the channel" but I cannot figure out why they continue to watch and get so annoyed.  Move on.  Life is too short. 

@Lipstickdiva 

The same situation applies to the "Change The Channel Gang"...isn't life too short to complain about people that complain??????????????????...ignore them and move on....

The same could be said about our reaction to the comments to change the channel...  "ignore them and move on."   

The way we post reflects who we are rather than informing people about those we target.   Meeting snark with snark, putting labels on people, etc., isn't exactly rising above the fray.   

If someone wants to provide real, genuine, useful feedback, they do so in a way that allows everyone to walk away from the discussion with their dignity intact.   

If we want someone to actually hear what we have to offer in the way of suggestions, ideas, critiques, we don't do so by ridiculing and insulting them and closing their ears, closing their heart.   Useful feedback with good intent doesn't push people away...  it holds their attention, edifies and educates them, and most people are even grateful for it.

What's sometimes characterized as "constructive criticism" on so many of the threads really isn't anything more than unkind mockery, searing sarcasm ("sarcasm" etymology is "to tear or cut flesh" and it's not clever), and a kind of visceral negativity that seems to give people some kind of jolt of adrenalin.   

There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions, but the way we express the opinion is what causes the most problems, in my experience.

My comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, just general observations and what I've learned from making a lot of my own mistakes.   Interesting thread, but not the first time we've talked about this.    Won't be the last, either, right?😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Actually, it appears there are some posters who don't know they can change the channel. They complain aboutALLLLLL the times they've been subjected to presentations of the TSV or other items over and over again.  

Some posters live to complain. QVCC cannot do anything right.  By just looking at many of the thread titles that are complaints, I already know who started them because it's the same couple again and again.

@Lipstickdiva 

The same could be said about our reaction to the comments to change the channel...  "ignore them and move on."   

The way we post reflects who we are rather than informing people about those we target.   Meeting snark with snark, putting labels on people, etc., isn't exactly rising above the fray.   

If someone wants to provide real, genuine, useful feedback, they do so in a way that allows everyone to walk away from the discussion with their dignity intact.   

If we want someone to actually hear what we have to offer in the way of suggestions, ideas, critiques, we don't do so by ridiculing and insulting them and closing their ears, closing their heart.   Useful feedback with good intent doesn't push people away...  it holds their attention, edifies and educates them, and most people are even grateful for it.

What's sometimes characterized as "constructive criticism" on so many of the threads really isn't anything more than unkind mockery, searing sarcasm ("sarcasm" etymology is "to tear or cut flesh" and it's not clever), and a kind of visceral negativity that seems to give people some kind of jolt of adrenalin.   

There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions, but the way we express the opinion is what causes the most problems, in my experience.

My comments aren't directed at anyone in particular, just general observations and what I've learned from making a lot of my own mistakes.   Interesting thread, but not the first time we've talked about this.    Won't be the last, either, right?😊

Absolutely Brilliant Response.  Thank you for sharing. ( no sarcasm here)

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Actually, it appears there are some posters who don't know they can change the channel. They complain about ALLLLL the times they've been subjected to presentations of the TSV or other items over and over again.  

Some posters live to complain.  QVC cannot do anything right.  By just looking at many of the thread titles that are complaints, I already know who started them because it's the same couple again and again.

@Lipstickdiva 

We can go around and around in circles about that forever.  I'm moving on......

Honored Contributor

I think it's time to change the channel on this thread...LOL

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's time to change the channel on this thread...LOL

@chrystaltree , I guess I never should have pressed post, I knew it ! LOL 🤣

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

@dooBdoo 

You make some very good and very valid points and observations.....but even if we post some constructive suggestions and move on, the "change the channel gang" persists in their remarks and the whole thread ends up getting deleted because of their comments.....No matter how diplomatic, or even if you present facts and data to back up your point, it doesn't matter. (BTW as customers we post to make our opinion known to QVC)  One cannot even put a simple suggestion in the Suggestion Box without getting ridiculed, scolded, and snarked at.....Some of us have gotten to the point where we've just had enough of it!!!  Why don't they simply JUST SKIP THE DARN THREAD!