Respected Contributor

Enough is enough clothes line theft

I just read about some lady that hung out her clothes in her backyard & some guy came in and stole the laundry. They can't find him but the lady knew what he was wearing guess now he is wearing her laundry that was out on the line. We have rules where I live (no clothes line) well the guy has nice clean clothes to wear. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Enough is enough clothes line theft

I'm glad I don't live where you can't hang clothes out  .Sheets dried in the sunshine are one of life's great pleasures. I'm retired, and have the time, so far no thefts, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

It also happens in apartment building laundry rooms......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Wow...guess nothing is safe anymore!!  My mother-in-law hangs her clothes out all the time.  I agree that I love sheets dried in the sunshine and fresh air...her towels, however, feel like cardboard! LOL!

Not to get off topic, but speaking of stealing things, a friend of my mother-in-law's was at the grocery store recently and on her way out with her groceries in the shopping cart, stopped at the lottery ticket machine to buy some tickets.  When she finished gettting the tickets and turned around, her cart of groceries was gone!

Respected Contributor

My neighbors really don't care I could do it & when I lived back east always did sheets love the fresh air smell. Living in Az those sheets would fade with the hot sun. But someone stealing clothes in your yard is bad. 

Respected Contributor

Codemom we have a subway in our walmart & DH & I checked out & decided to get a subway had a whole cart of stuff but we had to leave the cart to get the sandwich & I thought the same thing, someone can just wheel it out so I sat by the cart told DH what I wanted. Had over $100 worth the stuff  in the cart and figured out a $6 sandwich wasn't worth to leave the cart. 

Trusted Contributor

@sissel - that was smart of you...in this day and age, sadly, it seems nothing is safe any more!   Also, with food prices what they are today, it's like having a cart full of gold!!! 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Never hung out our laundry, but when we lived in town, we had a tire jack stolen off of our carport in broad daylight on a saturday afternoon. We were home at the time.

Its unnerving to have someone come in personal space and help themselves to your stuff.....(or anyway to me it is)

Back to hanging laundry on the line, my granny use to do that, I agree with those of you who say there's nothing like sheets dried on a line.

Respected Contributor

I've heard of cases where swimsuits and beach towels were stolen off a clothes line. Have also heard of underwear being taken. In that case it could have been a prank or a wierdo or something.

Trusted Contributor

I love clothes lines.  I wanted one at our home now but my husband thought it would be too country looking.  I can remember as a youngster hanging out clothes with my grandmother and aunt. Now I use clothes pins to keep bags of snacks closed.