Honored Contributor

Re: England Announces New Lockdown.

For those that do not believe any experts, who do you believe, i asked this a little while ago ,still want a answer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest by experts, are you referring to Dr. Fauci?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Carmie  This was a new virus, and they were learning all about it ,i see no reason to blame the experts,  and people simply are not doing what needs to be done, so if you get together ,go on vacation ,you are at fault. Don't wear mask ,  it makes absolutely no common sense.

I am not blaming anyone.  I just said there were no experts.  This is so new that the "experts" haven't had time to study it. They are telling us to do exactly what doctors,told people more than 100 years ago.

People have to get together.  We can't live without help.  We go to the doctor, the grocery store and to,work.  If everyone stayed at home, we would all perish.That is common sense.

What  do you expect people do? Even people who wear a mask and social distance are getting Covid.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

For those that do not believe any experts, who do you believe, i asked this a little while ago ,still want a answer.

No one.  I have learned that in this life, there are not too many people who will admit that they don't know something, even if they don't.

They will lie to make themself look intelligent or make up something.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@hckynut  You seem by your post not to believe the experts, who do you believe?

@goldensrbest 

I do believe experts. But not the ones that seem to be exposed more to TV cameras than to the virus itself. Those that are actually working in labs/actually treating patients, not just taking talking points from the same people over and over again.

If they are not actually treating patients or working in some lab study capacity, why would I listen to them? My beliefs lie more with the "experts" that have direct contact working with patients, and prescribing them certain procedures and meds that they actually see working.

The more often I see certain experts on TV, the less likely I believe much of what they say. I keep hearing lock down/lock down/distance/wash your hands/don't go out/stay away from your family(as they celebrate with theirs).

As I said in another post, maybe a different thread. Nobody has proved to me that the more you lock down the better it will be. A check of areas with the strictest lock downs, to me, appear to worse off than those that had partial lock downs, or barely any of them.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

No one.  I have learned that in this life, there are not too many people who will admit that they don't know something, even if they don't.

They will lie to make themself look intelligent or make up something.

@Carmie, you truly don't trust anyone to give you facts or truth or whatever you want to call it?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ, you do know that there scores of experts in the field of public health; right?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

They believe the amateurs who tell them not to trust the experts. And they don't for one second question the motivation behind those who want them to disbelieve their own doctors or people with training in specific fields.

I wouldn't get operated on by a non expert. I wouldn't rely on my own common sense to know if I had cancer. And I wouldn't drive a car designed by a non expert. And I wouldn't follow a medical guideline written by a non expert. It would be very foolish to ignore experts. And it would be hubris to think I could design a car better than an engineer or operate on someone's brain better than a surgeon.

The people who don't believe in experts should not be using the internet. It was designed by experts. They should start from scratch and create their own.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ, you do know that there scores of experts in the field of public health; right?

@suzyQ3   I'm sure @KKJ  does and her question is to @goldensrbest .

I think we all know there are many expersts in the field of public health so your question to her is kind of condescending.

A question was asked by one poster to another; let them discuss first.

It's only polite.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@suzyQ3  Be that as it may, there are thousands of families who live in buildings that are connected by only 1 elevator and a staircase on each end.  The halls etc and the a/c system all questionable...not everyone lives in a single family dwelling with a minimum of 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as a basement. 

What does that have to do with a lockdown? If they live in an apartment building, the lockdown just means they're a bit less likely to bring home the virus to their families or other families on the lifts etc. If there were no lockdown, they would still be living in that building you claim is inadequate. They'd just be able to go out to bars as well.

@Porcelain 

You seem to me missing her point to @suzyQ3 . To the left here seems to have a family that "better understands the seriousness", are you believe a multiple living facility has the same likelihoods of contracting this virus, as say, my wife and I in our home?

I personally believe very little that is being said in this thread, and increasingly less of what the very vocal TV star "experts" are saying.

They are on TV so often I am wondering how they continue to be called epidemiologist "experts". Where do they find the time to get into the labs to study? One even makes the cover of a magazine that has nothing to to with the pandemic. Hmm!!!

hckynut 

The left? This isn't a political issue. Or it shouldn't be. And I don't appreciate being labeled. I don't think you'd enjoy being labeled similarly.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr