Honored Contributor

Re: England Announces New Lockdown.

@noodleann wrote:

I hope they take it seriously. I've seen recent, dated photos of people in London without masks and not distancing, and I thought they were supposed to be doing both.

Of course, the same thing goes here. It's nerve-wracking to go into a store and find that  most of the customers are behaving as if the virus is gone--not distancing and no masks. I've observed that "guy" stores like Harbor Freight are more likely to be where the guidelines are flouted.

And now there are noises about skipping the second doses that the vaccinated should receive later this month and giving them to the unvaccinated instead, because a single dose provides some protection (I've read around 70%). The problem with the vaccination rollout seems to be administrative failure, and if this idea is approved, I can't see how it can fix that. If anything, it'll be more confusing for people. 

The FDA has said today that they will not skip doses but will follow the protocal, @noodleann 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

This more contagious covid mutation has now been identified in Colorado, California, New York and Florida. January is going to be very bad in the US. Now is the time for all of us to be very vigilant. Get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible in addition to all the other preventative measures we know to use.

@chessylady It appears that the slow rate vaccines are rolling out it could be 10 years before everyone gets the shot.  And they are saying that the shot may only give you immunity for a few months....what good is that? 

I am not planning for the vaccines to save anything...it is a joke. I would like for it to be a cure....but I just do not think there is anyone driving the ship and the ship is going to sink....

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

This more contagious covid mutation has now been identified in Colorado, California, New York and Florida. January is going to be very bad in the US. Now is the time for all of us to be very vigilant. Get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible in addition to all the other preventative measures we know to use.

@chessylady It appears that the slow rate vaccines are rolling out it could be 10 years before everyone gets the shot.  And they are saying that the shot may only give you immunity for a few months....what good is that? 

I am not planning for the vaccines to save anything...it is a joke. I would like for it to be a cure....but I just do not think there is anyone driving the ship and the ship is going to sink....

@SeaMaiden Who are "they"? Source, please.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Well great. It's in Florida you say? And water parks are opening in 3 months to full capacity. Disney is offering new pass plans so you can see more parks in a shorter amount of time and some rides are opening to 100% capacity.

Why, what could POSSIBLY be wrong with ANY of that?! 

To say I'm concerned is an understatement living here. 

Can anyone in CA confirm the situation in Los Angeles being 1 in 7 has tested positive and that emergency crews are no longer transporting those who they believe will not survive (due to symptoms) to hospitals due to they are now at capacity? Friend from back in the day (we were roommates for years) called and left a message about it. Her voice was heavy with fear. She asked me if she should come to Florida or head to NY (where she has family); I going to say no because it's no better here but then again, I don't think we are were LA is. Then again, who knows since DeSantis isn't allowing Florida to report it's numbers. I've been trying to reach her but no luck this evening Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

@Still Raining Look at it from my side,someone that does hair,has friends that work @ gym,friends that run bowling alley,friends that own stores & employees that work there.We have to work.Our state is not shutdown.

Owners of these places & more can't get unemployment or these so called loans that ended up going to large businesses if we did shut back down.

If we go home,can government continue to support us?

We follow strict state guidelines in our shop.Can only do the best we can do.We got to pay the bills .Slow enough now.

Trust me,I know how bad things are.Definitely not trying to dumb down anything we can do to protect each other.

No one has an answer but there are different ways of looking at it.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Studies have shown that spread is occurring when people are locked inside and can't get away from one another. 

@agb80 

I haven’t heard this.

Do you have a source by any chance?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Argue this. Debate that. Poo poo something else.  Who cares.  We all know what works to curb the spread. It's a shame so many people don't care enough to take precautions.  It's difficult to feel bad for those who get covid after they downplayed it or refused to take precautions.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another site.

Esteemed Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

@Still Raining Look at it from my side,someone that does hair,has friends that work @ gym,friends that run bowling alley,friends that own stores & employees that work there.We have to work.Our state is not shutdown.

Owners of these places & more can't get unemployment or these so called loans that ended up going to large businesses if we did shut back down.

If we go home,can government continue to support us?

We follow strict state guidelines in our shop.Can only do the best we can do.We got to pay the bills .Slow enough now.

Trust me,I know how bad things are.Definitely not trying to dumb down anything we can do to protect each other.

No one has an answer but there are different ways of looking at it.

Thanks for stating the flip side of this mess so nicely.

No answer here either.