Honored Contributor

Re: England Announces New Lockdown.

@noodleann wrote:

I hope they take it seriously. I've seen recent, dated photos of people in London without masks and not distancing, and I thought they were supposed to be doing both.

Of course, the same thing goes here. It's nerve-wracking to go into a store and find that  most of the customers are behaving as if the virus is gone--not distancing and no masks. I've observed that "guy" stores like Harbor Freight are more likely to be where the guidelines are flouted.

And now there are noises about skipping the second doses that the vaccinated should receive later this month and giving them to the unvaccinated instead, because a single dose provides some protection (I've read around 70%). The problem with the vaccination rollout seems to be administrative failure, and if this idea is approved, I can't see how it can fix that. If anything, it'll be more confusing for people. 

@noodleann , this was addressed yesterday by the Sec. of Health and Human Services on a news program I was watching.  He said this will not happen because it goes against protocol and not researched to be done this way.  Both vaccines need to be administered to follow protocol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Who really knows if the vaccine will work on these new strains?  

Not to mention, what a disaster the roll out of these vaccines have been.  I don't think it's a surprise to many that the administration of these vaccines is a mess.  

And add that to the number of people not getting the vaccine.  In Ohio the governor announced that only 40% of those eligible right now have chosen to be vaccinated.  

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@noodleann , I'm not sure who floated that idea around to begin with.  I heard a number of times that there was talk but where did it start?  Was it just someone starting a rumor?  I honestly don't know.  I do agree what is being said now and what ends up happening may be 2 different things.

I don't understand why it's so hard for these vaccines to be administered.  Now Gov. Cuomo is threatening to fine facilities if they have the vaccines in their possession longer than a week without administering them.   

Honored Contributor

Not in England but saying hello from my beloved state of California. This is the quote for the day:

"Everyone should keep in mind that community transmission rates are so high that you run the risk of an exposure whenever you leave your home," Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said. "Assume that this deadly invisible virus is everywhere, looking for a willing host."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have yet to see any facts that say locking people in their homes has solved anything related to this pandemic. 

Different stats from different studies seem to point to anywhere from 65 to over 70% of the contraction coming from within  one's home!  Along with that comes the same studies saying being outside is the best place to be.

Of course everyone can believe and act on what they feel is best for them. Nobody needs to force me to stay home because I love doing just that, staying home.

But shutting down cities/states and a country? All one need do in our country is look at where a majority of the cases are rising again. Are the ones that used complete lockdowns better off than those that didn't when looking at present numbers?

And many like to point to the way other countries are run? Hang on!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Studies have shown that spread is occurring when people are locked inside and can't get away from one another. 

@agb80 

EXACTLY!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

Studies have shown that spread is occurring when people are locked inside and can't get away from one another. 

@agb80, don't think so, unless they've invited people who don't live with them to join their household.

Maybe you have a source for this?

@suzyQ3 

And your source to disprove it is?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

This more contagious covid mutation has now been identified in Colorado, California, New York and Florida. January is going to be very bad in the US. Now is the time for all of us to be very vigilant. Get the vaccine as soon as you are eligible in addition to all the other preventative measures we know to use.

@chessylady 

I notice you said "more contagious", but left out the part that says "less deadly"! Any particular reason for omitting that information?

hckynut 

hckynut(john)