Esteemed Contributor

Awe @hckynutjohn  my heart breaks for you and Cindy. Tiny lived a long good life. The saying good-bye is the only thing I hate about being a pet mom but the love they give outweighs it all. Rest In Peace Tiny, you were a great friend.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn & wife:

So sorry to read this ...prayers and blessings to you both.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

Dear John and Cindy,

My heart goes out to you and Cindy during this trying time.  There is just nothing worse than losing our precious pets...your beloved Toby, and now, Tiny.  I know how much your animal family has meant to you.  The grief is just gut wrenching even though they will always be with you in your heart. Twenty-one years is a long time family member....lots of memories.  I'm keeping the both of you in my thoughts and heart during this difficult time.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynutjohn I am so very sorry for the loss of your furbaby. I know how much it hurts, please hug your wife for me and ask her to hug you for me. 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn  Thank you for sharing the journey of your pets.  You and your wife are obviously very kind people. So many of us know the sadness you're going through.

We have a Lily, too.  A six month old chocolate Lab puppy. 

Thinking of you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

John and Cindy,  I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Smiley Sad 

Keeping both of you in my thoughts. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn  So very sorry for your and your wife's losses.  Your cats were so fortunate to have you, and you were so fortunate to have them.  Warmest regards to you and your wife.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   John and Cindy...I just read this and I am so sorry. It is always so sad to loose a true pet and member of the family. I said a prayer for you both this morning.

50+ Beautiful Loss of Pet Quotes | Pet quotes cat, Losing a pet, Cat quotes

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn   I can so relate to your loss, though you were lucky to have had Tiny for so long.  I had many cats, all rescues, during my life, including volunteering for an animal rescue, fostered many cats, some remained with me due to age, etc., and have never had a cat that lived longer than seventeen years, and only a few lived that long.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@hckynutjohn   I can so relate to your loss, though you were lucky to have had Tiny for so long.  I had many cats, all rescues, during my life, including volunteering for an animal rescue, fostered many cats, some remained with me due to age, etc., and have never had a cat that lived longer than seventeen years, and only a few lived that long.

@mousiegirl 

Thank for your thoughts and words about our loss of Tiny. All of our cats were rescues also. When we moved into our home in 2000, we brought our 6 that we had rescued, while living in our townhome for 20 years.

We live close to s system highway and it is obviously a good dumping spot for pregnant cats or just kittens by useless humans. 

Once here our first wandering car had 6 little babies. We fed them until they were old enough to be without their mother. I trapped her and had here spayed. Trapped all the kittens and adopted all but 1 of them out, we kept the mother.

The next one that wandered up had 8 in her litter, 1 of which was Tiny. They were older so I was grabbing the kittens 2 or 3 at a time, and our vet helped us adopt them out. Unfortunately by the time I caught the smartest one, Tiny, she was carrying a litter of 8.

Out of her litter we kept her and her Tuxedo son, Cruiser. Before we knew it we had 13 indoor only cats. Also during that time we were feeding ferals, which we also had fixed, they just wanted nothing to do with us, otherwise our inside number would have increased.

My wife volunteered for a 5 state Boxer Rescue for many years. She many traveled to Kansas City, a mecca for breeding cats and dogs, then leaving the ones the outlived their usefulness, to fend for themselves. 

She drove thousands of miles picking up Boxers from No Kill shelters and getting then foster homes in their 5 State areas. We fostered at least 6 of them until they were given a forever home. 13 cats and Boxers? Fortunately Boxers are a pretty easy going breed so no issues there.

We have had about 5 cats that lived past 20 years old, others to 17-18-19. The ones that were older all had kidney issues as they got older. Giving IV Fluids was a given for all of them as their BUN and Creatinine numbers got worse.

Between last August to the present we went from 6 cats, now down to just Jasper, who was born also on your property. Our house seems pretty empty now with just Jasper, and our little dog Lily. Almost 50 years of never less than 4 cats, it seems eerie now, especially before my wife came home yesterday, from her week of Pet Sitting. Just me with our 2 furry kids.

Thank you again for your kind words and also for your volunteer work to help all these homeless animals.  =^..^=

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)