Respected Contributor

End ROBO calls now with Verizon FIOS service….Free

I can remember reading a poster who described this wonderful service but not available with Verizon service.  

Well, I just got off the phone and our Fios landline now has the call blocking service "Nomorobo" installed and it's free with Verizon Fios VoIP.   Will be anxiously watching to see if it really works.....in the last 2 months we got over 30 calls from a home buying operation out of NC.  Every call was 336xxx-xxxx but from a " different " city.  No messages were left.

When I started to get these calls, I checked the government's Do Not Call Registry to see if we needed to re-register but all was actively registered.

The Call Blocker device we purchased a while ago from QVC worked to block most calls; however, there were one or two numbers that resisted blocking despite using a "1" before the number.

Make sure Verizon has the correct email address for your service.  I had to also create a new user Id and password so be sure to write down your info.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: End ROBO calls now with Verizon FIOS service….Free

I have Verizon FIOS and for many months (or longer) I get far, far fewer spam calls.  I can see FIOS at work screening, because I can see the call and number trying to reach me.  Some of these spammers call day after day after day, and have been doing so for ages now.  The call appears in an unobtrusive block in the upper left corner of my TV. I don't recall having to subscribe or sign up in any way. It's apparently just included in my FIOS package.

Honored Contributor

Yes, my phone provider cuts off all "spam calls"..........but sometimes I wonder if it might be a legitimate call.......someone telling me they just found the deed to some property a benefactor left me......

Actually, that did happen to me.....when a bank discovered a "secret"  account my late husband had with them.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have ghost calls.  Calls that don't answer.  No one is there.  They're spawned by a computer that scrambles telephone numbers.  Other kinds of robo calls (or spam)  I don't get.  I've had the norobo call service which did end the spam but not the ghost calls. All of these calls were on my land line.  The  ghost calls still rings.  We just ignore them. I've never had any unwanted calls on my cell phone.  I'm thinking of ending the land line with Verizon. But it might affect my other service, like the high speed Internet and even my choice of TV.