Honored Contributor

Email I received this morning....

Looks like I no longer have to worry about money anymore! They just want you to send your money TO MAKE MONEY.....  Officially from THE HEAD OFFICER IN CHARGE!!!!  LOL!  Wonder if someone out there getting this email would really fall for it?

From Mr. Robert Adam
Head Officer-in-Charge
Administrative Service Inspection Unit
P.O. Box 20509 Atlanta, GA 30320

ATTENTION: I am Robert Adam Head of Inspection Unit United Nations   Inspection Agency in Harts field-Jackson International Airport 
Atlanta, Georgia. During our investigation, I discovered An abandoned  shipment through a Diplomat from United Kingdom which was transferred  from JF Kennedy Airport. To our facility here in Atlanta, and when   scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in 2 Metal Trunk Boxes weighing approximately 242.508IBS each. The consignment was abandoned  because the Content was not properly declared by the consignee as money rather it was declared as personal Effect/classified document to either avoid diversion by the Shipping Agent or confiscation by the relevant authorities. The diplomat's inability to pay for Non Inspection fees among other things are the reason why the consignment 
is delayed and abandoned. By my assessment, each of the boxes contains about $4M or more. They are still left in the airport storage facility till today. The Consignments like  I said are two metal trunk boxes

I need all the guarantee that I can get from you before I can get  involved in this project. Please Reply this email strictly at ( I deleted it) with reconfirmation of your Full Name,  Home Address, City, State and Telephone number.

Sincerely,

Robert Adam,
Head Officer-in-Charge,
Administrative Service Inspection Unit.

Honored Contributor

Re: Email I received this morning....

And the Nigerian prince will personally deliver it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

This sounds like the UN’s version of “it fell off a truck”  -  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Well, that's a new one, LOL!

I posted a thread about (one of) the Nigerian Prince getting arrested a couple of days ago, so the scammers must've come up with a new idea!

Once you collect your $8M, please remember that I'm one of your favorite followers on the forums!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sadly, yesterday's local newspaper had a headline on the front page about Elderly Fraud. It was about callers to elderly people saying their grandchildren were in trouble and send money. 

And elderly people were STILL falling for it. They cited several examples. And you know that there are many more that fell for it and are too embarrassed to admit it.

I can't help but think it must work or they wouldn't spend their time sending out emails or making phone calls. You figure - if you send thousands of emails or phone calls and get 3 or 4 to go along, it is worth the effort. Get $4,000 from each one. It is too small an amount to pursue.

Honored Contributor

Ha!! @SeaMaiden

I hope you don't abandon all us "little people" here on the boards now that you have discovered this windfall!!

Esteemed Contributor

Another scam that the elderly seem to fall for is the "Congratulations! You've won money!" scams.

Honored Contributor

@drizzelllaIt is sad. 

The only thing I even remotely disagree with is that the few thousands of dollars one person loses aren't worth the trouble to pursue.  I think the problem is far greater and pursuing it requirtes a huge commitment by our government and the co-operation of other governments.  As I head swiftly into those years when I will be a target, I'm truly sad to say. I don't think any of the involved parties care one wit about me and my kind.  I just have to hope that someone in my family actually wants what they would inherit if no scammers get it first.  That seems to be the best protection any of us have.

Esteemed Contributor

I get this kind of email all the time as I own a small business. I don't even open them - just hit delete

Honored Contributor

I'd ask him to say it in English and not double talk!! LOL