Honored Contributor

Re: Elton John to Perform at Royal Wedding

I'll probably get flamed (some people on this forum have their torches lit for me LOL) but I posted this on the "What Diana Would Look Like" thread in TV & Movies and I'm reposting it here, don't care if people complain because THIS is what it's all about.   Like the pictures at Versace's funeral, this is real:

Image result for diana at amusement park with william and harry closeup

Trusted Contributor

She was such a beautiful woman, and I am sure if she were still living, she would still be a beauty.  I am glad Sir Elton will be there.  He is also a wonderful person and have loved him since I was 14 and first heard the album Madman Across the Water.

Honored Contributor

Such a dreadful shame she died, i just thought she was so beautiful ,and cared about people, and really the peoples princess.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Regular Contributor

I like Elton John. How nice he will perform. Maybe with a new song for the new husband and wife.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'll probably get flamed (some people on this forum have their torches lit for me LOL) but I posted this on the "What Diana Would Look Like" thread in TV & Movies and I'm reposting it here, don't care if people complain because THIS is what it's all about.   Like the pictures at Versace's funeral, this is real:

@LoriLori

Put your flame-retardant suit on and post away! I don't understand the distain and vitriol for this young couple. Personally I like them both and wish them a long and happy life together.

We all know the royals have been a bit of a hot mess family for a very, very long time. Just like the rest of us. 

Let she who is righteous cast the first stone!

Trusted Contributor

Wasn't there a time when Diana and Elton John fell out? I don't remember the reason but I know there was something there. People are people, we don't all agree with each other 100% of the time yet we can still have a deep friendship. Geez, wish I could remember that...

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@LoriLori

Put your flame-retardant suit on and post away! I don't understand the distain and vitriol for this young couple. Personally I like them both and wish them a long and happy life together.

We all know the royals have been a bit of a hot mess family for a very, very long time. Just like the rest of us. 

Let she who is righteous cast the first stone!

@magicmoodz, thank you, that's so kind of you!  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

a memorial to Diana, of course.

Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

a memorial to Diana, of course.

yes. That's what I think.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon wrote:

Wasn't there a time when Diana and Elton John fell out? I don't remember the reason but I know there was something there. People are people, we don't all agree with each other 100% of the time yet we can still have a deep friendship. Geez, wish I could remember that...

@wishmoon - I remember that too, so I looked it up! Apparently Diana was upset when some pictures appeared in a book written by John and Versace. She thought they would upset the Queen. They were estranged for about six months. She was close with both men, and when Versace was killed, she called John and reconciled with him. Six weeks later she was gone. 

Elton has always been close to the royal family. He said Prince Harry visited him last summer in Sicily and told him he was in love. The boys have always been around him.