Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ellen today

[ Edited ]

@NicksmomESQ I agree he should hold his head up high, but he should not do the Oscars. They invited him to do something and then they gave him an ultimatum. He made his choice. And they have to live with it. I don’t think he’ll have any trouble living with it.   It’s a pretty thankless job.  IMO. 

To  paraphrase many mothers…They made their bed, now they can lie in it.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm wrote:

@World Traveler  ... and Kevin James is a truly funny comic!

@vsm, I have the opposite opinion of Kevin James. I think he is without talent and unwatchable.

As for the awards show, I always watch. I love movies.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I like that Ellen was kind to Kevin Hart. I do find it interesting that she thinks she gets to decide when we have to give people second chances or not. 

@Nancy Drew, but she doesn't get to decide. What she can do, along with anyone else, is to voice an opinion.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

What I don't understand is why the Academy keeps naming minimally talented people to host this award show. What happened to the Oscars being about movies and recognizing the best in movies and the people who do a good job of pretending to be other people? That's all. And, of course, the dresses.

The people who generally watch these shows have been turning out over the past many years because the people who are being asked to host are NOT the people the majority of those of us who actually watch these want to see. I DON'T need Kevin Hart to use this as "his platform" to teach me anything! And, as soon as these Hollywood "stars" believe that just because they may be able to do a good job doing what they were hired for - pretending to be other people, why does that suddenly make their opinion about politics relevant?

I miss the days when the award shows were about the movies or TV shows and not about how entitled people waste time. I remember the big scandal when Marlon Brando sent in a substitute to use his time to talk about Native American issues. Now, the whole show is like that. I will watch the pre-shows to see the dresses and read the winner list. Especially, if Kevin Hart is the host.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe I watch Don Lemon when I can and I like him. I'll look on youtube and see what his point of view is. Thanks.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@vsm wrote:

@World Traveler  ... and Kevin James is a truly funny comic!

@vsm, I have the opposite opinion of Kevin James. I think he is without talent and unwatchable.

As for the awards show, I always watch. I love movies.

And I have the opposite view of awards shows.  Can't stand celebrities celebrating themselves.  I guess that's called "diversity"! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm Kevin James is hilarious. 

He doesn't need to use filth for so called humor.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a clip of Kevin and Ellen and thought this whole scenario has been blown out of proportion. Everything has turned political and it is sickening. I don't watch the Oscars because we have lost the old Hollywood. I am not interested to see what they wear or what they have to say. It is a waste of time to watch these no talent people pat themselves on the back for mediocre performances. I do watch the dog shows. That is entertaining to me.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness people can grow and learn.  That's what Kevin did.  That's what a lot of people have done and still do regarding social issues.  And it's how it's supposed to be.  

Honored Contributor

Too many people think the 1950 was great or only "old" style was great.  Well, they weren't any greater than any other year. Some horrible things went on back then, just like they do now. There were, and still are, a lot of prejudices and hate. It's good that it's up for discussion and being done in public.  Nothing changes by sweeping it under the rug.   I just hope more people grow and learn.