Honored Contributor

Re: Ellen Degeneres - Coming To A Walmart Near You!

This is from Forbes. They say she's worth 87.5 mill as of 7/16/18

DeGeneres made history this year as the first woman to receive $20 million for a Netflix stand-up special. She gets an eight-figure salary hosting her talk show and millions more in producer salaries ('Little Big Shots,' 'Splitting Up Together') and licensing fees (PetSmart, Bed, Bath and Beyond).

And now Walmart..................

Does she still have her HGTV Show?  No mention of QVC.................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@IMW

Ellen needs to flip 20 more houses!!!! I can't stand her.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry

Celebrities NEVER pay for anything.

Honored Contributor

I don't know any celebrities so you couldn't prove it by me. I don't care what other people think. I will form my own opinions about people.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@cherry

Was it Ellen's money or was it her sponsor's money or maybe the show's

money?

@Just Bling  It was a total of $500,000 sponsored by Lowe's as one of Ellen's giveaway shows.  The $ consisted of gift cards and other items; it wasn't just a cash gift out of Ellen's own money.

I remember this because it was during the time of principal being charged with stealing funds; I believe that principal ended up in jail.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

All I know is she has a big heart and does an awful lot to help animals, she is okay in my book....

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to an article on WWD, "Designed to be effortlessly stylish, EV1 was inspired by Ellen’s own confidence and optimism. Think T-shirts with inspirational sayings, elevated denim and fantastic sneakers. The offerings aren’t far from the on-air uniform of a tailored pantsuit and sneakers that DeGeneres pioneered on her NBC show."

Doesn't sound like there's anything that's my style or I'm even interested in wearing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I read the EV1 line will be .com with only some stores carrying select items from the line.

Hey-whatever ED wants to do is fine. Apparently she  realizes that real people shop at WM-and really are not stinky.  just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

She donated an entire million. I watched many news report,s and it was her money..Other places helped after she gave first

I checkd on the computer and what is there, isn't what we were constantly told by local news . We might not have been told the truth, but  that is what we were told

It is still a kind ,and charitable act, and I will not smear someone ,who cared enough to help...no one else did

@cherryNo one else did what...contribute?  You said earlier (above) other places did. ??

Now I guess you'll leave the thread.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

NO @esmerelda what I won't do is fight with you about something, Ellen was the first person to offer any type of help to Detroit. We have had major stars that lived here and haven't done a thing publicly.

Now find someone else to fight with ,because that is what you want to do and I don't play those games