Honored Contributor

Re: Ellen Degeneres - Coming To A Walmart Near You!

I'm afraid, @cherry, that you might have forgotten that some celebs are not exactly approved here: ED and Oprah are two perfect examples.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

What on earth would her clothes look like? oh never mind I already see it in my mind......

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I am an honest person, and neither one of them ,have ever done anything to me. I admire people who are generous, not everyone is @suzyQ3

AS for other things regarding political opinions or lifestyle, that isn't my business. I don't care what other people do,or believe ,as long as it is legal,and they don't try to push me into things I don't want to be a part of

Esteemed Contributor

I love Walmart.  I buy clothes there, wear them and get all sorts  of compliments.  I usually buy tops and then match them or coordinate them to slacks, jeans, whatever.  I get compliments and people think I spend lots of money.  I am glad she is coming aboard.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a feeling that there are going to be a lot of sappy message tees.

Respected Contributor

I no longer watch but in past seasons, Walmart frequently gave Ellen's "inspiring, hard luck story," $10,000 gift cards.

Honored Contributor

I like Ellen but I never saw her as a fashion maven. Maybe she’ll design some cool androgynous wear which would be a great idea!

Respected Contributor

I never watched Ellen - and have no opinion one way or another...BUT it is good to hear that people spend their money/time and lend star power to things that have no affect on their life.

I am tired of seeing our tax dollars spend on trips, security - golfing - even parades.

If she gave one buck of her own money that is one buck more than many. If Lowes donated it ...good for them - tax write off for them but it is all good. It matters not at all..if it is helping somebody who needs it..

I have a couple good friends who have family in Puerto Rico..if the rest of the country cared just a fraction...and really looked at the devastation that still affects them daily...the living conditions that are beyond deplorable... It saddens me to see that...they are part of this country. We are better than that or we were...  My friend is in the process of getting her family over here..but they keep holding out hope for assistance. This is their home...their country and they are to see that moving to mainland is the best option.  One family has the resources to live a little better and pay to have services others do not have.

I see the conditions in Flint Michigan water system and it is old news...except for the ones that live it daily.

So I am not doing to degrade anybody who uses their name, money or anything to bring assistance to a school or anything for that matter, that they would otherwise not have.`

Respected Contributor

@CouponQueen

You need to switch news stations.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I bought several TimberCreek T's from Walmart this season.

They have held up washing after washing and there's a striped

pullover sweater for the fall with a tie off to the side that is nice quality too.

Sometimes you don't need to spend a lot of money on clothing, I guess it's like what they say about tools....proper tools for the proper job.