Honored Contributor

Elizabeth & Philip: Their Love Makes Me Think of This Image

[ Edited ]

I believe in souls.  So, if you do not believe in them, then you might as well stop reading at this point.

------------------------------------------------

The inveterate romantic in me has this mental image of Queen Elizabeth's soul uniting with that of Prince Philip.  My image involves the final scenes in the 1939 version of the movie Wuthering Heights.  It isn't that I view Prince Philip as having the brooding soul of Healthcliff.  My vision hangs on two intertwined souls (both couples) who loved certain areas in the United Kingdom and found some of their happiest times there.

For Cathy and Heathcliff: They found a haven on the Moorlands of Yorkshire.  That is where their souls were reunited after death.

1,031 Wuthering Heights Photos and Premium High Res Pictures ...

Cathy and Heathcliff on the Moorlands of Yorkshire.

For Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip:  They found a certain freedom and comfort at Balmoral Castle in the Highlands of Scotland.

The royal couple are photographed as they are rarely seen - relaxing together away from public duties and enjoying the stunning scenery of the Scottish Highlands in what is said to be the Queen's favourite picture of them

The royal couple are photographed as they are rarely seen - relaxing together away from public duties and enjoying the stunning scenery of the Scottish Highlands.

The romantic in me imagines the soul of Queen Elizabeth uniting with that of Prince Philip at the moment of her passing.  I see them uniting in the Scottish Highlands with so much joy.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Elizabeth & Philip: Their Love Makes Me Think of This Image

I so hope we are together again with our love ones, miss my son,and husband,so much.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@golding76 

As a widow, I certainly hope and pray you're right!💔❤️

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 - What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful analogy! I agree with you. Balmoral looks like such a beautiful place. 

I think of many other books, movies, and real-life situations. One movie I always think of is The Ghost and Mrs Muir, when at the end the two souls were reunited. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I so hope we are together again with our love ones, miss my son,and husband,so much.

You can count on it!

Sorry for your (temporary) loss.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@golding76 - What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful analogy! I agree with you. Balmoral looks like such a beautiful place. 

I think of many other books, movies, and real-life situations. One movie I always think of is The Ghost and Mrs Muir, when at the end the two souls were reunited. 

@beach-mom 

I love that movie!💞

Honored Contributor

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip go for a walk Stock Photo - Alamy

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@golding76   I view the double rainbow that appeared after the Queen passed, as a sign of she and her husband reunited.

Honored Contributor

I think these thoughts are lovely.

At the same time, I do hope and assume the Queen and Philip had a healthier relationship than Heathcliff and Cathy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Never miss a chance to make each other laugh:

70 photos from 70 years mark Queen and Philip's platinum wedding  anniversary | The Oldham Times

I'm not short...I'm fun size!