Respected Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Hasseibeck leaving Fox News

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@June222 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

She's one of the most obnoxious people I've ever seen.    Can't stand her.

I  think I remember her on  The View? She always had that religious righteous attitude that just stunk. She never got along with anyone on the panel who was not Christian. Good riddance to her getting off the air for good.

She is a conservative and since she was outnumbered by liberals, it was an attempt for balance but that show has never been balanced in mind nor views. 

Oh, please ..........   It wasn't just that she was a conservative.   Her self righteous, holier than thou and downright RUDE demeanor is what did her in.    

I think her "needing to be with her children" is just a smole screen ....  don't her kids leave for school in the morning?

Your mean spirited narrative fits your agenda Tink. We get it you don't like her and I can bet you don't watch Fox so why do you care to reply? You base your opinion on what you assume is correct even when others point out more factual reasons of why she left.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I think her "needing to be with her children" is just a smole screen ....  don't her kids leave for school in the morning?

Maybe that's exactly why she wants to be home - getting them ready for school. 

Who are you to anticipate and/or judge her motives?  Children's childhood goes by very quickly and some people are sorry they've missed out on a lot of it by working.  She and her husband are probably wealthy enough to afford for her to see them off to school

Their house is on the market now by the way.  I don't think we know all her motives for her decision and it's really none of our business what she wants to do.  She can probably afford to do whatever she wants.

Esteemed Contributor

Fact is no one here knows for sure why she left. Whether or not one views Fox or even likes her makes no difference for their opinion imo.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

(Double post)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@June222 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I  think I remember her on  The View? She always had that religious righteous attitude that just stunk. She never got along with anyone on the panel who was not Christian. Good riddance to her getting off the air for good.

She is a conservative and since she was outnumbered by liberals, it was an attempt for balance but that show has never been balanced in mind nor views. 

Correct.  EH was the token conservative.  I don't even think the current View panel has bothered to have a conservative present.  I'm not positive, but last time I watched it, it was a gang of liberal women who were making fun of Carly F.  Real intellectuals...LOL.

Most of the time, the excuse of 'wanting to spend more time with the family' is indeed a smokescreen, but I'm not sure that that's the case this time.  EH's kids are still small, but getting older and in school, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to take a larger part in their upbringing.  Add her current health problems and maybe it was a good time to make a change.  It should be fairly easy for her to resume her TV career in a few years if she so desires.

P.S.  I get a kick out of the posters who proclaim, "I would NEVER watch Fox!"  I bet dollars to doughnuts that they watch MSNBC, though. (hehe)

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I will miss her and hope her journey is what she wants most for her life and her families.

I pray this is not due to health reasons but just personal which are none of my business.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I have met her and she is sweet and genuine in person. It was in the city and my daughter happened to be in with me. She suffers from Celiac disease as does Elizabeth. She was very gracious and the two of them talked about the disease they share as if they were old friends. It is a scary disease that can effect so many aspects of your life including making you very susceptible to cancerous tumours as well as your personality and emotions.  People do not seem to realize how debilitating the disease is. It is not a diet fad. I wish her the best and I hope her health improves.

Celiac disease can be very debilitating. Years ago I was tested and tested. I didn't have that, but do have colitis. I wish Elisabeth good health. 

Respected Contributor

So if she wanted to be with her children why didn't she...till now? The pink slip gave her no choice now. I bet her replacement contenders are at the salon as we speak. BTW: many people live with celiac disease and go about it quietly. They don't use it to sell books or for attention.
Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Greenhouse wrote:

@June222 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, please ..........   It wasn't just that she was a conservative.   Her self righteous, holier than thou and downright RUDE demeanor is what did her in.    

Your mean spirited narrative fits your agenda Tink. We get it you don't like her and I can bet you don't watch Fox so why do you care to reply? You base your opinion on what you assume is correct even when others point out more factual reasons of why she left.

What??   Fits my "agenda"?    What is my agenda?    

People "point out more factual reasons" .... what makes you think this is the real reason?   There's a lot of speculation here as to the real reason she left, and I'm free to speculate, just like anyone else here is doing.   (I'm not asking you to agree with me.)

Frequent Contributor

She spent several years on The View.

People who "would never watch Fox News" should.  You might learn something all of the others won't tell you.