Trusted Contributor

Elizabeth Hasseibeck leaving Fox News

What's your opinion?   Supposedly it's to spend more time with family but word on the street is she was forced out.  Will you miss her?

Respected Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Hasseibeck leaving Fox News

Which street do you hear that on? She had serious medical problems and has been gone off and on for quite a while. I thought she grew with the job and asked great questions when interviewing. I will miss her. Due to the time slot, perhaps a woman without children might be a better choice.
Respected Contributor

i take her at her word.  she had that tumor last year - and is obviously a family gal.  the show's ratings leave the others in the dust .

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for responding, Esmerelda.   "The Street" I referred to is just the comments left by other journalists writing about the story and commenters. 

Frequent Contributor

Oh my, I hadn't heard that! Yes, I will miss her. I thought she was good. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Fox watching friends have been wondering why she hasn't occasionally been on air.......   (BTW, I don't have that channel.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read that ratings improved when she replaced Gretchen Carlson.  People will always speculate.  I take her at her word.  Good for her that she can start her mornings with her kids.  Anna Kooiman has filled in for her a number of times so I wonder if she'll get the nod?  I like her and she seems to get along with with Steve and Brian.

Honored Contributor

I am sorry she is leaving but not really surprised. She missed so many days due to health issues but even when she returned, she missed a lot more mornings than previous hosts.  I like her, but I have not sensed a real commitment to the show. She has never seemed to feel at home. If she is going to devote her time to her family instead, you sure can't fault her for that!

Trusted Contributor

I read that she is leaving the morning Fox & Friends show.  She has been doing some feature stories for Fox, too.  I wonder is she will continue to do those on a part time basis. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I watch FOX cable all of the time, until they tell me so many things I can't do anything about, I have to change the channel.

I don't usually wake up that early even though I go to sleep with the TV on (it's on an arm near my bed).  That's a bit early for me.  I have seen her several times.  I've always thought she was cute and informative.

I do remember thinking at the time that it was surprising that she'd take the job since she has young children.  I cannot imagine what it must take to do a job that early in the morning!

I've seen and heard comments where QVC hosts have talked about how difficult it is to not be on a schedule and wake up and go to sleep all hours of the night!  I cannot imagine.

I will miss her but I think she'll come out OK, she's nice to watch.