Reply
Contributor
Posts: 73
Registered: ‎06-18-2010

Anti-semitissss rears its head.

Super Contributor
Posts: 411
Registered: ‎12-24-2010
I really like her too. Thank you for letting us know
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 136
Registered: ‎07-21-2018

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind to our host.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,513
Registered: ‎08-19-2018

I really enjoy Shawn, I always have. 

She seems to have a great sense of humor, doesn't take herself too seriously, and is often the first one to rat herself out, if she makes a mistake. 

She and Elise  seemed to be having fun working together.  

 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,826
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

@chessylady wrote:

Despite the rumors, Elise Ivy is co-hosting Shawn saves Christmas tonight. I like Elise so happy for her. She responded so well when Shawn asked her why she doesn't have a Christmas tree. "I'm Jewish, Shawn." So there's that.


@chessylady  I worked with a woman of Jewish faith who always put up a huge Christmas tree. She said that she loved them and enjoyed decorating a tree, and they were always beautiful - she spared no expense with the decorations. She always hosted our department's Christmas party at her house, and decorated to the hilt - great cook and hostess. Lost of food, drinks, and always so much fun! She was also a fantastic singer, and knew all the Christmas carols, too.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,640
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Love to see a repeat of this "episode."  Is it available on the Q.  When was it date and time and name of show.  

 

I have never had a Christmas tree for the same reason. Always admired them and enjoyed all the places I have been to share the holidays with my friends.  

 

I am not a host watcher. My opinion is :  Hosts should present the products with the best information they have.  We cannot touch it or try it, etc.  I believe that many of the hosts have time on their hands and end  up with too much silly talk that really does no one any good.  I  dont buy because I like the Host.  I buy because I like or need the product.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,722
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@rms1954 wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

Despite the rumors, Elise Ivy is co-hosting Shawn saves Christmas tonight. I like Elise so happy for her. She responded so well when Shawn asked her why she doesn't have a Christmas tree. "I'm Jewish, Shawn." So there's that.


What's the big deal.  Elise brought it up that she does not have an Xmas tree.  What else would you say but simply "why not?"  And she responded with the reason.  So there's what?  

 

And the Shawn haters begin.


Well, I don't know.  There are two ways to look at that interection between Shawn and Elise.  I was watching, and I saw the whole thing.  Since they're both working on a Christmas show, I think it was a normal question for Shawn, or any host, to have asked her.  If I had been Elise, I might have simply said I don't have a tree, and laughed it off, and left it at that.   

Valued Contributor
Posts: 583
Registered: ‎07-29-2015

@Walkingal  And what a big deal to say what she says? 

Why this should be a secret or so? Sorry don't see problem with all conversations.

 

I would even never pay attention on this banter.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,533
Registered: ‎04-04-2015

@rms1954 wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

Despite the rumors, Elise Ivy is co-hosting Shawn saves Christmas tonight. I like Elise so happy for her. She responded so well when Shawn asked her why she doesn't have a Christmas tree. "I'm Jewish, Shawn." So there's that.


What's the big deal.  Elise brought it up that she does not have an Xmas tree.  What else would you say but simply "why not?"  And she responded with the reason.  So there's what?  

 

And the Shawn haters begin.


Exactly - it's not as if the tree is a creche.  It's hardly a religious symbol.  Sometimes I think people want to be offended and/or make others look insensitive.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 154
Registered: ‎09-26-2010

ELISE IVY is one of the best show hosts QVC has now. She...

ELISE IVY is one of the best show hosts QVC has now. She knows the products, is quite calm and very professional. My opinion is she is the best of the hosts that were hired and much more professional then some of the older hosts.