Honored Contributor

I didn't see Elise as being on her way out at all, in fact, just the opposite. She had a major beauty show every week with her name attached to it on the main channel, and other shows on both the main channel and QVC2.  I think QVC had high plans for Elise.

I think the time she was off the schedule recently she may have been starting her move to Florida.  Even now, her December shows are all via Skype.  I wouldn't be surprised that they are aired from Florida.  

Super Contributor

Sorry to see her go...she is a terrific host. There is only a handful of hosts I will watch for more than a few minutes and she was one of them.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

I thought Elise was off the air sometime prior to Thanksgiving.  I read some comments on her social media that lead me to believe that.

On Thanksgiving I saw a photo of her posted on someone's social media (I cannot remember who) and I thought she looked unwell, as if she had been sick.

I think this was the perfect time for her to go.  Her shows were pretty much all on hiatus due to holiday programming.  No more Monday morning fashion shows and no more Tuesday morning beauty show.    

Honored Contributor

True.  Elise posted that she had Thanksgiving with Courtney Cason's family, sitting at te dinner table next to Courtney's baby.  Another post was Friendsgiving with some other friends on another day.  I don't think she would have done so much socializing, and around a baby, if she was sick.  I think she looked very different because she didn't wear makeup in those outings, just her natural look.  She is still pretty, but she does look quite different without the HD makeup (like all the other hosts). 

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
That’s sure alot of information and private thoughts she shared. Good luck to Elyse and I hope she winds up marrying Guapo- lol.

ITA.

How do you pronounce Guapo?

Honored Contributor

Is Guapo his real name or just the pseudo name she uses for him in her social medias. I looked it up and it means handsome. 

Honored Contributor

Guapo is her nickname for him.   She has never revealed his real name or a photo of his face (always placing a heart over his face in all of their photos).

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper @Shelbelle thanks!  I thought it was his name.  lol

ETA:  I just listened to the Spanish pronunciation for it.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish her well. IMHO, I  wouldn't be moving in with someone without an engagement ring and promise to marry. She is giving up her career for what seems to be a dream. Having a long distance relationship without a day to day interaction is a totally different experience. 2.5 years is a long time to date someone without a commitment. 

Why is she hiding his face and changing his name??? That just doesn't make sense. I know everyone has their life to lead and hopefully, she will be happy.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I wish her well. IMHO, I  wouldn't be moving in with someone without an engagement ring and promise to marry. She is giving up her career for what seems to be a dream. Having a long distance relationship without a day to day interaction is a totally different experience. 2.5 years is a long time to date someone without a commitment. 

Why is she hiding his face and changing his name??? That just doesn't make sense. I know everyone has their life to lead and hopefully, she will be happy.

I guess if she doesn't make a move, then the long distance relationship would continue for longer or, as she said, they would go their separate ways.

Her parents will be there (close by?) so she really seems to want to spend some quality time with them, for the first time since she left home--not just bi-annual visits.... 

Like she said, her parents are the ones that really prompted her to be the one to make the move as they would not relocate to Pennsylvania.  (That was a little shocking to me, but, that's me!) 

I guess that's says a lot about what they think of him, they must really like him, and what they thought of her job, she can leave q and work elsewhere.

I don't even know if I would want an engagement ring at this point, I'd rather spend much more time with someone before it gets to that point.  Although, I'm not sure how much she has seen of him thus far, could be a total accumulation of months or just a matter of days when all added up.

She'll have her parents there, no matter what.