Respected Contributor

Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland has died.He was 68.

I very often disagreed with him but I’m sorry for the loss Rep. Cummings’ family is and will be going through in the days and weeks ahead.

Honored Contributor

Wow.

This hits hard.

He was an amazing voice of reason in this continued chaos.

#godspeed

Super Contributor

Representative Elijah Cummings is what politicians should be. It's a huge loss for America. He was fighter for everyone's rights.

Respected Contributor

Rest in power, Congressman. We are a less enlightened and less compassionate America because of your loss. May your memory and good works be a beacon of light and hope for your constituency and indeed, the entire country.

Honored Contributor

@MorningLover 

Rest In Peace 🙏🏻

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I was shocked and saddened to wake up to the headline. 

Respected Contributor

Mr. Cummings passed away at Johns Hopkins Hospital at 2:45 a.m. from "complications concerning longstanding health challenges," his office said.

He hadn't returned to work after having a medical procedure that he said would only keep him away for about a week, The Baltimore Sunnoted.

Respected Contributor

I woke up stunned by this news. He is a Civil Rights icon and tireless warrior. RIP. Your leadership will be sorely missed.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

This is a real loss for our country. Rest In Peace sir, you will be missed. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Kudos to you @MorningLover  for sharing your heartfelt sympathy, despite your difference of opinion with the Congressman. Your post makes my heart sing on this sad day. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.