Honored Contributor

Re: Elf on the Shelf question

Image result for elf on the shelf paranoia big brother since 2005

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

My kids are late 20s so thank goodness that wasn't a thing when they were little because good grief moms today are under a lot of pressure with all the pintrest posts and all the clever things they do with that elf.  My friend's grandpa was babysitting and had no idea and touched it!   The kid was traumatized.  I think it's a really cute idea but man am I glad I didn't have to try to remember to do some fun thing with that elf every night after the kids went to bed. 

@Wsmom

@KingstonsMom, from what I was told the elf will lose its magic.   And to correct my statement, my friend's dad was babysitting, picked up the elf in front of his grandson. 
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember those little poseable elf dolls when I was kid in the 50's and 60's. I just thought they were my Mom's decorations, she certainly didn't connect them to anything fun for us kids. We knew at a very young age that there indeed was no Santa who brought gifts because we were lucky to get a gift. My son was born in 1984 and although Santa brought him everything his heart desired, he told me that he only said he believed in Santa to make us happy. He said he and his friends realized there was no Santa in the 2nd grade.