Honored Contributor

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/police-respond-shooting-report-south-carolina-school-articl...

Teen suspect said to be in custody, three injured, two are children.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elementary School Shooting

Hi Noel,

There is also a body found in a home three miles away from the school and the police have connected it to the teen shooter.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom

Yes, the police are not saying who it is but they know there's a connection.

This is so sad.

Respected Contributor

Since there was just a shooting near me within the last week, with five people dead, I really don't want to hear about another shooting.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

This just a horrific situation and I'm relieved and happy no children were seriously hurt but also sad about whomever died in that house. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Sorry @Marienkaefer2

It's been too much for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Sorry @Marienkaefer2

@Noel7

Before this, the closest it ever got to me, physically, is the high school student the year before last in Marysville who walked into the school cafeteria and shot several classmates.

This last one..I was just in that Macy's a few days before. It's horrible.  We are hurting very much around here.

Yes, you're right..it's been too much for a long time.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Sorry @Marienkaefer2

@Noel7

Before this, the closest it ever got to me, physically, is the high school student the year before last in Marysville who walked into the school cafeteria and shot several classmates.

This last one..I was just in that Macy's a few days before. It's horrible.  We are hurting very much around here.

@Marienkaefer2

Macy's.  It's understandable that hit you hard, I am so sorry.

Anything with kids hits me hard.  When my daughter was little a young boy came to her school with a loaded handgun looking for people he disliked.  The assistant principal was the hero, no one was hurt because of his quick action.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Sorry @Marienkaefer2

@Noel7

@Marienkaefer2

Macy's.  It's understandable that hit you hard, I am so sorry.

Anything with kids hits me hard.  When my daughter was little a young boy came to her school with a loaded handgun looking for people he disliked.  The assistant principal was the hero, no one was hurt because of his quick action.

@Noel7

One of the girls that died was 16 and a student at one of the regional high schools here.

I work/volunteer in our local schools.  I think about this a lot.

I guess we can't say too much more, but I suspect you and I are on the same page with this.  

Respected Contributor

I just wanted to add:

We all think:  It can't happen here.  

Well, sooner or later it does catch up to you.  It will catch up to all of us.