Honored Contributor

I am in California, and El Nino was a bust for us in Santa Clara County.  I am so disappointed I could cry.  Then the thought of a warming trend, it is too much.  Will it go on like this forever?  We did get some rain, but it never stormed here.  The good part was when it did rain it was a steady rain, usually at night, then a break.  All the water here seemed to go in the ground.  Our one Myrtle tree that hadn't had leaves on it for over a year, did get leaves .  Not  alot, but some, which is a good sign for the tree.

I was so hoping for more rain.  Al february it was in the 80's, today was 88 as well.  No rain in the near future here.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

It is very warm today (79) for the Pacific Northwest in April.  I think we are going into another hot dry summer.  We are eating dinner on the patio.  

Shoekitty said

YUP!  We have the whole house fan on now, plus ceiling fan in den.  Warm

Honored Contributor

Then El Nino is supposed to be drier??? Man, not this year..... Maybe it's backward day and La N will be drier for us!!  thanks for the info!!!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

It is very warm today (79) for the Pacific Northwest in April.  I think we are going into another hot dry summer.  We are eating dinner on the patio.  

Wasn't it glorious!! Was out all day tinkering. And today and tomorrow supposed to be a little warmer---ahhhh----helps my very mossy brain!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

I for one have had enough of ElNino--I live in WA state and from last October thru March, we have had almost 50" of rain!!! The wettest on record!!! Am looking forward to warmer and dryer!!!

Well, that solves the mystery of what happened to our rain.  It went North.

Yep--we got your rain---omg---for days on end, morning to night was nothing but rain!!!!!